• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #2 - Virginia Tech at East Carolina

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and why is david wilson not even in the game? is he hurt or something? he's only even been on the field for like 50% of the snaps

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D is gonna need romain this for us. We need a turnover or big special teams play and a short field.

Also.....

....dare I say....

...should Leal get a shot. LT is psychologically crushed right now.

i've been thinking it too.....

but as is standard for VT football, i think the play calling is the more troublesome area..

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
rough game so far for lt.... nice to hear cory marshalls name called. i honestly think we are going to need the d to put us in scoring position to win the game.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17 carries.. 17.. unbelievable..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG! look what happens when you line up under center and run the ball!

amazing!

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so damn sloppy. I can't stand it.

And yes I am posting on a weekend. Finally got a smartphone.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It wasnt pretty but it was a W, still have a lot of work to do before ACC play.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We always struggle against ECU...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beamer said he's going to apologize to the team for not having them ready to play the right way

i forgive them for pretending to be a spread offense today, it better not happen again.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sounds like focus will be a point of emphasis in practice this week.

"Im going to go in here and apologize to this team, i didnt have these guys ready to play the way they should have been ready. Too many penalties, too many turn overs, not sharp football" <--- beamers comment after the game.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D is gonna need to win this for us. We need a turnover or big special teams play and a short field.

Also.....

....dare I say....

...should Leal get a shot. LT is psychologically crushed right now.

i was thinking the same thing. logan hasnt looked good week 1 or today. people give him the benefit of the doubt too much. yes receivers dropped the ball. but i can also count on 1 hand how many "good" passes he has had this season. most of the time you will see the receivers have to adjust, rotate, jump, etc to make a catch when it should be a simpler completion. bottom line is he isnt ready right now, ECU had the worst defense in FBS last year and gave up over 50 last week. this is not a good sign. he needs to get better fast or we will not have a good season even with a weak schedule.

im loving our defense though. also, its time to give danny coale a shot at punter. demler sucks. he cant kick the ball more than 42 yards or so, max. that will kill us later in the season

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was thinking the same thing. logan hasnt looked good week 1 or today. people give him the benefit of the doubt too much. yes receivers dropped the ball. but i can also count on 1 hand how many "good" passes he has had this season. most of the time you will see the receivers have to adjust, rotate, jump, etc to make a catch when it should be a simpler completion. bottom line is he isnt ready right now, ECU had the worst defense in FBS last year and gave up over 50 last week. this is not a good sign. he needs to get better fast or we will not have a good season even with a weak schedule.

im loving our defense though. also, its time to give danny coale a shot at punter. demler sucks. he cant kick the ball more than 42 yards or so, max. that will kill us later in the season

this

doesn't have to be coale though, i'm sure blacksburg high has someone that can average more than 35 yds/punt

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah i dont want to be too hard on logan, but you are right; i dont know if he has hit a receiver in stride yet. i think we should at least give leal a shot next week before the game becomes meaningless.

on a bright note, our DBs look incredible and the rest of the defense looked really sharp. i was most impressed with kyle fuller.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this

doesn't have to be coale though, i'm sure blacksburg high has someone that can average more than 35 yds/punt

No exaggeration, our intramural flag football punter could consistently punt it farther than 40 yards with good hangtime. just go and find someone who played high school soccer. maybe you'll get lucky and find a former goalkeeper who can punt a soccer ball 50 yards.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i dont want to be too hard on logan, but you are right; i dont know if he has hit a receiver in stride yet. i think we should at least give leal a shot next week before the game becomes meaningless.

on a bright note, our DBs look incredible and the rest of the defense looked really sharp. i was most impressed with kyle fuller.

agreed. kyle fuller had a GREAT game.. big hit, pick, couple pass breakups.. i thought he looked very good.. the defense in general looked very good.. i'm actually pretty excited about the D, ECU is probably one of the better offenses we'll play

No exaggeration, our intramural flag football punter could consistently punt it farther than 40 yards with good hangtime. just go and find someone who played high school soccer. maybe you'll get lucky and find a former goalkeeper who can punt a soccer ball 50 yards.

exactly. IMO you should never have a weak punter, there's no excuse for it.. punting is not a tricky skill

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one more negative: hosley was making me nervous at punt returner today. a few went over his head, muffed another one, then went 10 yards back on the last one. might need to try someone else back there

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one more negative: hosley was making me nervous at punt returner today. a few went over his head, muffed another one, then went 10 yards back on the last one. might need to try someone else back there

i agree, he was trying to do too much back there today i think.. i like him back there, someone just needs to tell him to chill out haha

another game like today though and someone else should get a look

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think hosely was just trying to make a big play to try and make up for our lack of offense. he needs to be back there for us because he can be a game breaker.