• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G3 WCQF Kings vs Oilers 4/26/24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evoking the most 2001 Kings I can. Nothing going on and Stunner at Staples goes down. Fiala decides to not be a stooge and start his legacy. Kings 6-5 late.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got home and made some food just as the second ended. All I have to say is W T F...

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice bogus 2 man advantage. Unbelievable how they constantly get favored calls.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May have gotten shelled but I'm pleased to see the anger and frustration in the third. Sounds like the game got away from them right off the bat so I don't mind seeing a response like this when it's already out of hand.

That PK is awful however, the PP isn't much better and it's time to see Rittich.

This was arguably one of the most strangest and poorly called games from what I saw in the third period.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There goes his Lady Byng.

=)~~

Showing some snarl this series compared to what we've always known/seen. Even had some blood off the left side of his lip after the Englund fracas.

And this one is gold from G2, Gavrikov, Kopitar and Kempe making McDavid look like a pinball after a whistle:

Surprised McJesus kept his cool and didn't whine to the refs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was really just meh. Can't even say bad or what. Each had a PP to start the game and didn't score. Can live with that. But Doughty drop pass to no one leading to goal #1. They're good enough without the help. Felt like Kings another pp and again did nothing on in. To me, it's not just scoring. It's generating energy. It's getting your best players engaged. It's being dangerous so the other team knows they can't just take liberties. Kings just back to "Sandwich Time.". Kings get a pp, might as well go make a sandwich because nothing is gonna happen. Fiala and Arvidsson just look "off". Can't describe it. A second short. Looking wrong way on plays. Drop passes to no one.

Good to at least see some fight in the 3rd but they didn't even announce what happened to lead to the 5 on 3 for full two minutes. Just all of a sudden we saw a 5 on 3 for 2 full minutes.

I don't even really blame the players. This team is not constructed well. Fiala should be a gamebreaker, and he just hasn't been. PLD is whatever. He's just an average player. He's not fast and doesn't have great hands. He did at least play more physical and did draw a call or two. But I forget he's playing most of the time.

But yeah. Team is what it is. Talbot is not a gamebreaker and isn't going to steal games. Defensemen should be solid on paper. Gavrikov was such a good fit last year and really solidified the backend, but this year he doesn't seem as great. I'd like to see more Spence quarterbacking the PP. All the forward depth and it seems they're outmatched by every Edmonton line.

I'm trying not to be pessimistic, but this is sorta what we're looking at going forward. I always felt like it was all one gear up to 2024-2025 when they get some cap help, but now I don't know. Need a better system. Address goalie issue. Try to get bigger on defense. And maybe a add a stud up front..That's a lot.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special teams killing LA, same ol song and dance.

Would be nice for these guys to play a solid 60 minute game, but they are so outmatched i doubt they could. Oil dont have to try and can make plays, Kings try to make plays but nobody really seems ready for it.

The majority of Oil goals seem like the same 3 over n over and Kings just let em happen.

Not really worth getting mad over, this is what we expected going in

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was really just meh. Can't even say bad or what. Each had a PP to start the game and didn't score. Can live with that. But Doughty drop pass to no one leading to goal #1. They're good enough without the help. Felt like Kings another pp and again did nothing on in. To me, it's not just scoring. It's generating energy. It's getting your best players engaged. It's being dangerous so the other team knows they can't just take liberties. Kings just back to "Sandwich Time.". Kings get a pp, might as well go make a sandwich because nothing is gonna happen. Fiala and Arvidsson just look "off". Can't describe it. A second short. Looking wrong way on plays. Drop passes to no one.

Good to at least see some fight in the 3rd but they didn't even announce what happened to lead to the 5 on 3 for full two minutes. Just all of a sudden we saw a 5 on 3 for 2 full minutes.

I don't even really blame the players. This team is not constructed well. Fiala should be a gamebreaker, and he just hasn't been. PLD is whatever. He's just an average player. He's not fast and doesn't have great hands. He did at least play more physical and did draw a call or two. But I forget he's playing most of the time.

But yeah. Team is what it is. Talbot is not a gamebreaker and isn't going to steal games. Defensemen should be solid on paper. Gavrikov was such a good fit last year and really solidified the backend, but this year he doesn't seem as great. I'd like to see more Spence quarterbacking the PP. All the forward depth and it seems they're outmatched by every Edmonton line.

I'm trying not to be pessimistic, but this is sorta what we're looking at going forward. I always felt like it was all one gear up to 2024-2025 when they get some cap help, but now I don't know. Need a better system. Address goalie issue. Try to get bigger on defense. And maybe a add a stud up front..That's a lot.
Was watching the 1st, and when DD made that pass to nobody, that led directly to the first goal against, just confirmed my growing sentiment that he's turned into a meat-head. Either trying to do too much, or just making boneheaded plays. I guess he made up for it somewhat with the goal in the second period, but with the team already down 3-0 after one, the game was essentially over.

As for the makeup of the team, I've never been comfortable with the defense in particular. Too many smaller guys, that ultimately can be pushed off the puck, or can be easily driven into the front of the net without being able to prevent the opposing teams from setting up camp. Gavy, while he seemed to work great last season, I don't think he's been the same since the knee on knee he took from Anders Lee back in December. I know Anderson gets respect from the Jon Hovan's of the world, I personally don't have much confidence in him. When I watch him, tends to be off his skates a lot, and carries the same issue about not being big & strong enough to keep opposing players away from the net, and being able to gain control of the puck during board battles.

The forwards....there's too much hanging out on the perimeter (ESPECIALLY during a power play). They don't have anyone mean enough to park their ass in front of the goalie all night long, let alone be fearless enough to drive to the net consistently. Is TOTM even playing? Dunno has effectively gone down hill off of his first season on the team. Maybe getting his salary off the books during the offseason is a possiblity?

There's just too many "Lady Bing" types on the team, and that doesn't fly this time of the year....

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every single player on this team is talented and brings something to the table...just not this specific group collectively. TOTM fits, but then Kempe doesn't. Then Arvdisson fits, but Laferriere doesn't. It's just a mish mash of guys, not one specific player has a similar trait that identifies LA.

Completely different from the Dumbo teams, they all had one thing in common. That's how he built a winner and guys that didn't fit he either moved or didn't acquire/draft in the first place.

And yes, too many "nice guys" on this team. That's why I was so excited to see Englund drop Kane last night, that's the shit those Dumbo teams did. Nasty, team toughness, individually they stood up for their team and themselves.

Yeah the game was gone and it didn't matter when it happened, but when you establish yourself like that immediately that can dictate a game.

Blake has methodically built a pussy team the last 7 years and in various places on the ice it's 100% apparent.