• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency Primer! Volch, Fayne, Larsson, Marty, CBJB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm real anxious to see how Larsson does over an entire season.

Is it too much to expect 30 points while playing decent D? The thought of him Merrill and Gelinas as regulars is exciting.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A-Train to Nashville, 1 year $1 million. Solid deal, their D is shaping up nicely.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A-Train to Nashville, 1 year $1 million. Solid deal, their D is shaping up nicely.

That is a solid move by them.

Tell you mdz is sitting out there would love to give him a similar type deal. But we don't have the space for him

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please note that $6 million would be a higher annual salary than Brodeur ever earned with the Devils during the cap years. For what that's worth...

Got that excerpt from Yahoo.... facts being facts, I am surprised by that. Think its a bit of a diss that Marty has accomplished so much in his career at different stages when compared to other highly paid goaltenders... Crawford is due his though.

But with that being said, good to hear Cory's extension is getting done soon(ish). Hope the cap hit doesn't hurt our chances to get players to put the puck in the net.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got that excerpt from Yahoo.... facts being facts, I am surprised by that. Think its a bit of a diss that Marty has accomplished so much in his career at different stages when compared to other highly paid goaltenders... Crawford is due his though.

But with that being said, good to hear Cory's extension is getting done soon(ish). Hope the cap hit doesn't hurt our chances to get players to put the puck in the net.

Marty stated in his book he took less than he was valued at back in 06? Because he wanted to win and knew the more salary he took up the less they had to spend on the guys in front of him.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Deboer had a phone interview with TG and he was being his typical self. Highlights and lowlights as follows:

On Cammalleri joining NJ:
“It’s always nice when a guy targets your team as much as you target him. I really believe in my conversations with him it’s not lip service. He really felt that if he was going to move on that New Jersey was right at the top of his list.”

"This guy was looking for a situation where he felt the team played a style where he could win a Stanley Cup and they just needed to add some pieces. It was great to deal with somebody like that.”

DeBoer's limited thoughts on Havlat:
“I really feel this is a motivated guy,”

DeBoer on his nonsense line choices:
“Last year when he(Cammalleri) came in to play against us, he played center, too. So, this is a guy that I think you can put in a lot of places."

“I’ve got scratch paper all over my house with line combinations. "

DeBoer on Ryan Carter:
“I’m a Ryan Carter fan,”

His thoughts on rookies and development:
“I think our young guys have come up in the organization the right way,” DeBoer said. “They’ve played in the minors, they’ve earned their stripes and they’ve earned an opportunity to get a chance to play."

“He’s(Kinkaid) come in, he’s paid his dues, he’s played in the minors, he’s proven he’s a good American League player and now he’s going to get the opportunity to get a look at taking the next step.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I have the words to adequately express how frustrating it is to hear Deboer say anything. He sounds like someone who has no idea what he is doing and is afraid that at any moment the world might figure it out.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I forgot to add it but the most frustrating quote was:

“The key is to recognize what separated you from the Rangers of this year and to try and close that gap and fix that,”

They goal should be what separates you from the team that wins the cup. not the team that gets destroyed in the finals.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think I have the words to adequately express how frustrating it is to hear Deboer say anything. He sounds like someone who has no idea what he is doing and is afraid that at any moment the world might figure it out.

My frustration has to do with the fact he knows how to run and coach a hockey team. He's excellent at running his system and very good at managing the PP and PK. He just has so many damn eccentricities that hurt the team. Issues ranging from youth development, poor roster choices, practicing essential skills, and above all else, public communication lead to missed opportunities during the season and missed playoffs.

If he was a bad coach, he'd be fired long ago and we as fans wouldn't have to deal with his crap.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That comment about the rangers is pretty stupid maybe its a dig at Lou since lou hates them?

Pdb I don't know what to think of him. He got the team to the finals and they dominated the 2nd and 3rd rounds getting there. I really wish we had parise and kovy to see if it was a fluke or if he knew what he was doing. This is his make or break season you can't keep a guy who misses the playoffs what 4 out of 5 years. Yeah he can only do so much but still gotta make a change then

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't like the comment but do we know what the original question was? I read the article and that part was not clear. Maybe they asked him the following "Pete, 2 years ago you beat the Rangers to get to the finals and this year, you watch them get to the finals...."

I don't really see DeBoer out of the blue saying hey we want to be like the rangers.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]486963564910231552[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah solid move. There are questions if he can handle the workload but it's a move that had to be made. Wonder why they didn't tack that 8th year on and get the hit a little lower. Cory at 6 is a bargain if he can handle the work load while lundqvist eats up 8.25

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone brings up Schneider not playing enough to prove he can do it, but there's no indications he can't do it. As long as he's healthy during the playoffs that's all that matters. When he's on his game I think he comes close to cracking the top 5.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can look at the 45 games as a career high two different ways. One being he is unproven but the other being that he has much less wear and tear then other 28 year old goalies. He's never been a backup. He's always been a 1A. For moronic ($$) reasons in Vancouver and obvious reasons last season. Not his fault by any means.

Plus he doesnt strike me as a guy that will all of the sudden shit the bed because he now has the contract. With the Devils the defense will always come first. So to have him for the next 7 years is huge.

KingOfNJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Solid contract for a very good goaltender

This team is pretty deep if the young D pans out

Now about all of those forwards.....