• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency Primer! Volch, Fayne, Larsson, Marty, CBJB

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
July 1 NJ Devils Free Agent Thread

Hopefully Lou will sign some good players.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Player News and Rumors:

Adam Larsson:
Larsson inked a one year ONE WAY deal today. This means he would need to be put on waivers which he has no chance to clear. So he's playing in the NHL this season.

Volchenkov:
Bought out today by Uncle Lou. LL said he tried to trade him but was unable to find a partner. Opens a spot for the big three young guns.

Fayne:
Lou says they're still trying to keep him but the $amounts might be too high. Lou obviously has a price he thinks Fayne is worth and doesn't really want to go higher. Might also open some more room for the young guns.

Marty:
Lou has seemed to agree that he's done as a Devil. I thought I'd be more upset, and maybe seeing him sign somewhere else tomorrow will hit hard, but if there's even the slightest chance Marty returning hinders a Schnieder contract signing, the this is simply the end of the era. Frankly, there's nothing wrong with that either.

CBGB:
Lou says he is trying everything to get Carter and Gio resigned and wants Bernier to return as well.

POTENTIAL UFA ADDITIONS:
Lou said today that the Volch buyout should give the Devils some extra space to add offensive to the forward group. Hope so...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not find of the thought of Marty ever wearing a different uni. What free agent forwards would be the best fit I haven't looked yet. But some offense would be nice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not find of the thought of Marty ever wearing a different uni. What free agent forwards would be the best fit I haven't looked yet. But some offense would be nice

Stasny is far and away the best FA but spending over 6 mil per year on him doesn't seem likely.

To me signing Moulson would be huge. Cammalerri and Vrbata are names I've seen linked to us though.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stasny is far and away the best FA but spending over 6 mil per year on him doesn't seem likely.

To me signing Moulson would be huge. Cammalerri and Vrbata are names I've seen linked to us though.

It's so difficult for me to get a feel for Moulson. I think he's legit, but is he worth what he'll get? I know you have to overpay in free agency but how much overpayment are we talking? Anything under 6 I could live with, closer to 5 would be ideal but I think somebody gets greedy and throws 6+ at him.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if we could get a good center to play with moulson i would want him. i really dont see that many forwards that we can add with the lineup we have. i think we have the 7th highest payroll in the nhl i read?

zajac henrique zubrus
elias jagr brunner
ryder clowe ruuttu
4th line

where do you put a vanek?moulson?stasny?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might be one of the teams that trades guys for pennies on the dollar if that's the case. Brunner for a 4th or 5th rounder, something like that.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we could get a good center to play with moulson i would want him. i really dont see that many forwards that we can add with the lineup we have. i think we have the 7th highest payroll in the nhl i read?

zajac henrique zubrus
elias jagr brunner
ryder clowe ruuttu
4th line

where do you put a vanek?moulson?stasny?

we have the 7th highest payroll??? wtf... we actually pay to suck?

lol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ryder, Brunner and possibly even Ruutu are far from locks to be on the opening night roster. Lou might say he wants Bernier back too but Im not buying that.

As for Moulson I think he would thrive on the line with Zajac and Jagr. As for the $$ its gotta be in the range of what Gaborik and Callahan already got. I dont think he'll reach Stasny or Vanek level but 5.5 a year seems right to me.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if this team could land moulson and vanek i would actually get excited for the season.

add them

ship off ruutu and brunner or ryder i'm good with that

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruutu and CLowe ($$) - bad signings from last year. Ruutu shouldn't be on the roster at all.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe we bring back the whole 4th line, but one of them will be bumped to the 13th forward spot. Adding any forward will instantly bump one of Ruutu/Zubrus to the 4th line.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we bring back the whole 4th line, but one of them will be bumped to the 13th forward spot. Adding any forward will instantly bump one of Ruutu/Zubrus to the 4th line.

Might not be the worst thing..sure it sucks to have a player making that type of money on the 4th line but both of em would be an upgrade to Gio and Carter assuming both come back.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Might not be the worst thing..sure it sucks to have a player making that type of money on the 4th line but both of em would be an upgrade to Gio and Carter assuming both come back.

you can't have a guy making more then 3 million on the 4th line. just can't do it

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Schneider is ready to play close to 70 games so promoting a goalie from within make smore sense to me than paying for a free agent.

Same goes for the 4th line, I'm ok with not adding anything and just using what we already have.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can't have a guy making more then 3 million on the 4th line. just can't do it

Agreed. In a perfect world we'd be able to trade one of them if we signed a top player today but I cant see that happening.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of teams will need to reach the cap floor, Buff has 38 million in cap space and Florida has 32 million. If we plan on dumping salary those are the teams to contact.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope no Defensemen other than Fayne sign with the Devils. It's about time to start the transition!