• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For some reason i think this team may suprise

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*I think Stamkos would also make a good captain but he will have many many years to be captain of the team.* ~taken from Doobee's post above.

Hey Doobee, on the old forums we were all debating that statement also. I believe that if the Bolts don't become a consistent playoff contender, young & talented Stamkos is going to find a team that is. The Bolts only have 3 years, I think, to do this because I believe that's all he has left on his contract. Put yourself in his skates, if you were that young & talented wouldn't you want to be on a team that's consistentlu a deep playoff contender. Even if he doesn't seek this, his & his agent's phone is sure going to ring off the hook! There will be a lot of seekers looking to land a talent as elite as he truly is. I believe that we have not yet seen all he has to offer. I do not think he is "just" a sniper. Remember that spin-o-rama top shelf shootout shot he took? I think he is an awesome skater also & we haven't even scratched the ice on what what we have seen as far as that.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Stamkos getting frustrated if the Lightning don't get better but I also see the Lightning getting better in the future. With the likes of Jonathan Drouin & Andrei Vasilevsky, I think it will be very tempting for him to stay, especially if they throw big money at him. I agree, he's not just a sniper. Sorry if I implied he was just a sniper, he obviously does more than snipe. I was just saying MStL does more than Stamkos overall.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Aulie could be that wild card that gives the Lightning that missing piece. If Cooper emphasizes defense then Aulie very well could become that player. My only thing with Aulie is the same as Gudas, experience. Do they have it? Are they ready? If they are, they could provide the 'Ning with much needed pieces.

Well Aulie has 121 games under his belt at the NHL level and in my opinion had his best season last season and I expect more development this season. He doesn't play a over spectacular game, just plays a simple, physical and effective game. As for Gudas, he's only had a small sample size of 22 games at this level but he didn't miss a beat whilst in Tampa. I love Guudy, he'll be a fan favourite in Tampa, he hits anything in sight, tough, physical and his style of play just irritates opposing players not because he's dirty but because of his relentless gritty and physical style of play.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Doobee, I never even took it that you implied anything. No apology necessary bro. I was just voicing my opinion & stating what we had talked about previously. However, on a positive note, I do hope & pray you're right. I'd love to see him here forever & to see the Bolts as yearly consistent contenders for the Cup!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
121 games is a lot but wasn't it mostly call up duty? I think what the Lightning will need is that type of player but also one who will be asked upon to lead defensive responsibilities. From what I've seen he could no doubt do it at the AHL level, but to ask him to do it this upcoming season at the NHL level is a daunting task IMO. I think he will eventually develop into a player that could handle those responsibilities but not as of yet. If he does do it this season, I'll for sure notice and apologize for underestimating him.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Doobee, I never even took it that you implied anything. No apology necessary bro. I was just voicing my opinion & stating what we had talked about previously. However, on a positive note, I do hope & pray you're right. I'd love to see him here forever & to see the Bolts as yearly consistent contenders for the Cup!

I understand, people see him as a sniper because he's one of the best if not the best sniper(s) in the league. He brings a lot more to the table. I think Jonathan Drouin either convinces him to stay or makes him sort of expendable. I can't see him leaving, but I didn't see Parise & Alfredsson leaving their teams either, so I'll admit I don't have a good track record when it comes to calling this sort of stuff.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised by those 2 leaving also! Another 1 that surprised me was Filppula. Weird things happening around the league, including the Pens trying to buy the Cup! LMAO bro, just joking with you!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised by those 2 leaving also! Another 1 that surprised me was Filppula. Weird things happening around the league, including the Pens trying to buy the Cup! LMAO bro, just joking with you!

LOL yeah, wish we didn't get Brendan Morrow, would've rather kept Joe Morrow.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
121 games is a lot but wasn't it mostly call up duty? I think what the Lightning will need is that type of player but also one who will be asked upon to lead defensive responsibilities. From what I've seen he could no doubt do it at the AHL level, but to ask him to do it this upcoming season at the NHL level is a daunting task IMO. I think he will eventually develop into a player that could handle those responsibilities but not as of yet. If he does do it this season, I'll for sure notice and apologize for underestimating him.

Well he made the team last year and played 45 of the 48 games played, he also played the majority if not all the game when we acquired him the year prior at the trading deadline. He's in the Lightning plans, we were lacking a physical presence at the backend at that's why Yzerman went out and got him. I thought he blossomed last year after being apart of that Calder Cup run two years ago, he really played a simple and effective game with a lot of confidence. Personally I think he'll continue to get better, just think ever since we acquired him, he's had to have Brain Lee playing the opposing D, that will not be the case this season.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, forgot he became a mainstay on the Lightning last year. For some reason I thought of him as a regular on the Crunch. I'll admit he isn't as inexperienced or as young as I originally thought, so maybe he has a good shot after all. Hope the Lightning fix that defense, they're a really fun team to watch, so them getting in the playoffs will be good for the league as a whole, unless they knock off my Pens again of course.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Stamkos getting frustrated if the Lightning don't get better but I also see the Lightning getting better in the future. With the likes of Jonathan Drouin & Andrei Vasilevsky, I think it will be very tempting for him to stay, especially if they throw big money at him. I agree, he's not just a sniper. Sorry if I implied he was just a sniper, he obviously does more than snipe. I was just saying MStL does more than Stamkos overall.
If the lightning don't make the playoffs this year I could see stamkos getting a bit upset at yzerman players don't like going threw a long rebuild at all. I think the cool stamkos has towards yzerman will start to fade fast if things don't starting changing in the next 1 or 2 years. For the record I think it will! yzerman has built a great young core of players. Drouin might be the icing on the cake for stamkos to stay for the long haul.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the lightning don't make the playoffs this year I could see stamkos getting a bit upset at yzerman players don't like going threw a long rebuild at all. I think the cool stamkos has towards yzerman will start to fade fast if things don't starting changing in the next 1 or 2 years. For the record I think it will! yzerman has built a great young core of players. Drouin might be the icing on the cake for stamkos to stay for the long haul.

I think they gotta get some defensive presence and they'll be a legit playoff contender. Their offense is about as good as anyone's, just gotta get better at playing in their own zone. If they could do that, should be on track be on track to compete for the playoffs every year for at least the next 5 seasons.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they gotta get some defensive presence and they'll be a legit playoff contender. Their offense is about as good as anyone's, just gotta get better at playing in their own zone. If they could do that, should be on track be on track to compete for the playoffs every year for at least the next 5 seasons.
ya I really don't think they addressed the defense at all this offseason they made some coaching changes we shall see how it works. They have some kids on defense in the minors but they really are not ready for the nhl yet. The hope they have is brewer and carle will improve along with hedman to keep improving. Sustr is a young defenseman they have that could make a impact and surprise people next season if he makes the team. I think Gudas will countine to improve as well and I think Mark Barberio will make the team and surprise some people in the nhl next season. Barberio could be the dan boyle we have been looking for since he got traded by are dumb old ownership morans. It's amazing the job Yzerman and vinik have done in rebuilding this team they really got handed a mess from lawton and ok hockey. I'm very surprised yzerman built are minor league system up so fast.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya I really don't think they addressed the defense at all this offseason they made some coaching changes we shall see how it works. They have some kids on defense in the minors but they really are not ready for the nhl yet. The hope they have is brewer and carle will improve along with hedman to keep improving. Sustr is a young defenseman they have that could make a impact and surprise people next season if he makes the team. I think Gudas will countine to improve as well and I think Mark Barberio will make the team and surprise some people in the nhl next season. Barberio could be the dan boyle we have been looking for since he got traded by are dumb old ownership morans. It's amazing the job Yzerman and vinik have done in rebuilding this team they really got handed a mess from lawton and ok hockey. I'm very surprised yzerman built are minor league system up so fast.

Yeah true, built a good farm system rather quickly. Will take some time for that pipeline to make its way to the NHL but I like where the Lightning look to be within 2-3 seasons, maybe sooner.