• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers vs Blues GNT

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Hartnell is where scoring chances go to die. Shop him and see what you can get.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
death-threat-elmo.jpg

No shit!! :mad:

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm out ya all, have fun and drive safe, I will see you tomorrow or whenever.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I AGREE ANDY BUT...NOBODY IS TAKING THAT CONTRACT AND NO TRADE...PAUL...GAVE AWAY THE HOUSE WITH HART...

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
THREE STARS 1. BOOSH THINK I WAS RIGHT...GIROUX ZHERDEV...SCREWED THE POOSH THERE...COBURN...NAILED THAT...HOW DID YOU GUYS FAIR...

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THREE STARS 1. BOOSH THINK I WAS RIGHT...GIROUX ZHERDEV...SCREWED THE POOSH THERE...COBURN...NAILED THAT...HOW DID YOU GUYS FAIR...

Oshie drew several penalties, Giroux played, but I'm not so sure about McDonald. Is his hip still bothering him? Probably should have looked that up before picking him as the 3rd star. haha

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry bros.....I'm disgusted. I'm off to the main board for a bit..

Tomorrow...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random Observations

First off, I think the Blues have a very good, young team. They pushed our defenders to the limit for most of the game, yet our defense was able to play bend but not break hockey throughout.

Ten power plays for the other team is way, way too many opportunities given. Yes a couple of them may have been undeserved, but it is simply unacceptable regardless.

Why on earth are we paying Jody Shelley $1.1 million to play 5 minutes per game (only 3 minutes last night)? The same can be asked of Carcillo although he plays slightly more often. Hartnell had one good 30/30 season here but hasn't done anything before or since. He takes way too many minor penalties and doesn't score the dirty goals that he once did. You can't roll four lines and expect to keep your best players fresh all game long if you have parasites like Shelley, Carcillo and Hartnell sucking the blood out of your otherwise talented roster.

As elusive and skillful as he is, Danny Briere can't score every goal for us.

Our offense looks somewhat anemic. I feel that the three main reasons for that are the following (in no particular order):

1. Richards and Carter may love to play together, but they're not quite on the same page yet. That and Carter needs to start getting nasty, using his big frame and driving hard to the net. Richie has and will continue to get him the puck.
2. No Pronger. Enough said.
3. The players won't admit it, but the penalties taken have often ruined the offensive flow of our game. Besides, you're just not much of a threat to score while shorthanded unless your name is Mike Richards and he is only one man.

JvR and Coburn both look bigger, stronger and faster.

Giroux and Briere are without question the two most offensively talented/gifted players on the team.

Carle is getting the job done even without his previously mentioned defensive partner.

What is up with the silly errors from the 15 year vet Sean O'Donnell? I expect that not to be an issue moving forward.

Bartulis is quietly earning his paycheck and then some.

Both Boucher and Bobrovsky have been under the gun and performed remarkably well under the circumstances. Not to take away from what they've done so far, but one of them is going to get shelled sooner or later if we don't start playing more of the game in the other team's zone instead of our own.

This is still a relentless team, but I'd like to see more of that earlier in games.

Last edited by a moderator:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I think the Blues have a very good, young team. They pushed our defenders to the limit for most of the game, yet our defense was able to play bend but not break hockey throughout.

Ten power plays for the other team is way, way too many opportunities given. Yes a couple of them may have been undeserved, but it is simply unacceptable regardless.

Why on earth are we paying Jody Shelley $1.1 million to play 5 minutes per game (only 3 minutes last night)? The same can be asked of Carcillo although he plays slightly more often. Hartnell had one good 30/30 season here but hasn't done anything before or since. He takes way too many minor penalties and doesn't score the dirty goals that he once did. You can't roll four lines and expect to keep your best players fresh all game long if you have parasites like Shelley, Carcillo and Hartnell sucking the blood out of your otherwise talented roster.

As elusive and skillful as he is, Danny Briere can't score every goal for us.

Our offense looks somewhat anemic. I feel that the three main reasons for that are the following (in no particular order):

1. Richards and Carter may love to play together, but they're not quite on the same page yet. That and Carter needs to start getting nasty, using his big frame and driving hard to the net. Richie has and will continue to get him the puck.
2. No Pronger. Enough said.
3. The players won't admit it, but the penalties taken have often ruined the offensive flow of our game. Besides, you're just not much of a threat to score while shorthanded unless your name is Mike Richards and he is only one man.

JvR and Coburn both look bigger, stronger and faster.

Giroux and Briere are without question the two most offensively talented/gifted players on the team.

Carle is getting the job done even without his previously mentioned defensive partner.

What is up with the silly errors from the 15 year vet Sean O'Donnell? I expect that not to be an issue moving forward.

Bartulis is quietly earning his paycheck and then some.

Both Boucher and Bobrovsky have been under the gun and performed remarkably well under the circumstances. Not to take away from what they've done so far, but one of them is going to get shelled sooner or later if we don't start playing more of the game in the other team's zone instead of our own.

This is still a relentless team, but I'd like to see more of that earlier in games.

Also..

Every line is out of sync. Yes, it's early in the season, but nobody looks confident or in rhythm with anyone else. Every pass and down low cycle has been half hearted or done without the possibility of having any success.

I make no secrets about it.... I have no love for Carbomb, Shitty or Hartless. I do love a good scrap, but these 3 bring nothing positive. Ever. Holmstrom, Testwuide or Nodl should be in their place starting immediately. Seriously, why not?? Because the other 3 have big contracts?? IMO, that shouldn't matter when the object is to win at all costs.

ah well...we have 80 more to go..

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i think people are way too critical of hartnell. yeah sure he takes lots of penalties, but that goes with the type of player he is. also, he had severe personal issues last year, which translated onto the ice. i think everyone saw how effective scott hartnell can be in last years playoff run. when he plays like that hes a very vital party of this team. carcillo, same way, when on his game, can be very effective. the shelly signing STILL puzzles me. its nice to have an enforcer in the absence of asham and lappy, but honestly, he really will contribute nothing to this team getting 5 minutes a night. and for 1.1 mil...baffles me

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think people are way too critical of hartnell. yeah sure he takes lots of penalties, but that goes with the type of player he is. also, he had severe personal issues last year, which translated onto the ice. i think everyone saw how effective scott hartnell can be in last years playoff run. when he plays like that hes a very vital party of this team. carcillo, same way, when on his game, can be very effective. the shelly signing STILL puzzles me. its nice to have an enforcer in the absence of asham and lappy, but honestly, he really will contribute nothing to this team getting 5 minutes a night. and for 1.1 mil...baffles me

I would like to see Testwuide or Nodl up there over Shelly or Carcillo. Testwuide is a beast and could very well compete in the nhl. Nodls game is 100% better than Shelly's or Carcillo's.

Hartnel needs to show he will get the dirty goals and battle down low, so far he has been lacking..

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Hartnell had a decent playoff.....big deal. I don't give 2 shits about his "personal reasons" bs either. I have been through the same problems he had before and still maintained a high level of proficiency at work, coaching little league baseball and with raising my children. Yes, these things effect people differently, but he has a couple million reasons to maintain that higher level but he chose none of them and tanked the whole reg season.

Did anyone watch him last night? He arrived late for every hit and puck all night long, but instead instinctively knowing that a split second ahead of time and change course...no...he remains committed to being out of position over and over and over again.

If I were Lavy, his ass would warm the bench only as a fourth liner and if he ever showed a willingness to improve and live up to his potential, then I may.....may put him up on the 3rd or to stand in front of the goalie during the PP.

...and to end this little pissy rant....I will no longer waste my breathe talking about Scott Fucking Hartnell. Ever.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i think jeff carter deserves the amount of hate you have for scott hartnell..of all players on this roster..i cant stand jeff carter. he is not clutch, he does not play hard, he is inconsistent, he is not willing to get down and dirty for pucks, and he just doesnt have the same hunger for goal scoring like other big name scorers do. if we could trade him and a pick for a goalie and a decent 15-20 goal winger, this team could be leaps and bounds better.