• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

:::Flyers Draft Central 2012:::

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Flyers are 1 of the best teams at drafting forwards in the late part of the 1st round with players like G/Gagne/Richards picked in the 20's. Problem is that they don't draft Dmen or Goalies of any substance.

Pronger/Coburn/Timmonen/Carle/Mesarjos/Grossman/Schenn..... All traded for Dmen, none drafted and developed by Philly. The Flyers neglect this part and the goalie part of there team drafting, and its lead to being very competitive because of the great forwards being drafted, but just not good enough overall. You can't keep on trading for your Dmen only, when was the last time Philly had a great drafted Dman?

Last edited by a moderator:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers are 1 of the best teams at drafting forwards in the late part of the 1st round with players like G/Gagne/Richards picked in the 20's. Problem is that they don't draft Dmen or Goalies of any substance.

Pronger/Coburn/Timmonen/Carle/Mesarjos/Grossman/Schenn..... All traded for Dmen, none drafted and developed by Philly. The Flyers neglect this part and the goalie part of there team drafting, and its lead to being very competitive because of the great forwards being drafted, but just not good enough overall. You can't keep on trading for your Dmen only, when was the last time Philly had a great drafted Dman?

I may be wrong but it has been awhile. i thought Chris Therien was drafted by us?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO just as long as the trade for a good dman happens what's the difference? Heck they traded Recchi for Desjardins and LeClair how in the hell do you draft that well? You have to look at all the moves not just the draft. After all they signed Read for free!!! If they were to trade him for a dman that would mean they received a free dman and didn't even have to draft one! Can't beat that shit.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You cant neglect 2/3 of ur focking team bro, its a Fucked up system. Look now with Pronger hurt after giving all that up, who are they gonna get that good. Weber? Good luck. The only thing saving that deal now is the trades of Richy and Carts to refill the young assets.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant neglect 2/3 of ur focking team bro, its a Fucked up system. Look now with Pronger hurt after giving all that up, who are they gonna get that good. Weber? Good luck. The only thing saving that deal now is the trades of Richy and Carts to refill the young assets.

I never said don't draft d but when you trade a drafted fwd for a d like schenn it serves the same purpose. I fully believe that you take the best player if equal then go by position. If they didn't follow that practice guys like G wouldn't be here.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I never said don't draft d but when you trade a drafted fwd for a d like schenn it serves the same purpose. I fully believe that you take the best player if equal then go by position. If they didn't follow that practice guys like G wouldn't be here.

I see ur point, but the scouts suck at picking goalies and d, thats a fact to

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see ur point, but the scouts suck at picking goalies and d, thats a fact to

I think this is by far the bigger problem. The scouts are really good at picking forwards, and really shitty at picking dmen and netminders. Maybe we should take a look at adjusting who we use so we can get some dmen steals like we do forwards.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think this is by far the bigger problem. The scouts are really good at picking forwards, and really shitty at picking dmen and netminders. Maybe we should take a look at adjusting who we use so we can get some dmen steals like we do forwards.

plus 10000000000000 for this post, u know ur shit

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wonder if Anaheim asked us for Parent instead of Sbisa...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep definitely true but if they keep finding guys like G you can trade them for multiple good dmen or goalies....its just hard to do because how on earth could you bring yourself to do this..haha!

Its also not easy finding dmen and especially goalies those positions take longer to mature and your drafting punks blindly.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article on Laughton - like his attitude, and what Lappy says about him.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They moved up at took Joni Pitkanen 2nd or 3rd overall. He's now in Carolina. The last time the Flyers used a 1st round pick on a D was Luca Sbisa who was part of the Pronger trade.