• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

:::Flyers Draft Central 2012:::

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bit of a shocker but seems like all the experts like him. He fits the FLyers mould.

Lets give Homer the benefit of doubt

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bullshit pick. We obviously need forwards

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF. Maybe Thrower in the 2nd? This guy was ranked 49th??????????????????

SantaMonicaFlyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Found this blurb - and about a thousand others - on TheHockeyWriters.com:

“I think Laughton is one of the more underrated prospects for this upcoming draft. He had a really solid second half of the season, but it was shrouded by the Generals disappointing season. But being one of Canada’s most effective players at the Under 18′s had to have really raised some eyebrows. He’s a pesky guy that I’d compare favorably to Mike Richards. He does pretty much everything well. He’s scrappy and fights for every inch of ice, especially on the forecheck where he’s very effective. He’s a good two-way player and face-off man. He sees the ice well and is an excellent distributor. He has puck skills and can make moves to beat defenders at his top speed. He has a good wrist shot which he can use in the slot or coming down the wing. Laughton is just a very solid player

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“I think Laughton is one of the more underrated prospects for this upcoming draft. He had a really solid second half of the season, but it was shrouded by the Generals disappointing season. But being one of Canada’s most effective players at the Under 18′s had to have really raised some eyebrows. He’s a pesky guy that I’d compare favorably to Mike Richards. He does pretty much everything well. He’s scrappy and fights for every inch of ice, especially on the forecheck where he’s very effective. He’s a good two-way player and face-off man. He sees the ice well and is an excellent distributor. He has puck skills and can make moves to beat defenders at his top speed. He has a good wrist shot which he can use in the slot or coming down the wing. Laughton is just a very solid player

pretty much what Bob Mckenzie said earlier tonight as well

good find

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this pick has grown on me. Still wanted D.

Frankly though this guy is the least of my concerns. Shero is scaring the shit out of me in Pittsburgh. He is not fucking around.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like a decent pick, maybe even a great pick.. i thought for sure they'd take maatta since he was available.. i'm still in shock a few hours later

i'm pleased that they have a 2nd round pick though, if thrower is available there, i'll be thrilled

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

real good find SMF.. here's the link to the rest of the article

Scott Laughton ? The Next Ones: NHL 2012 Draft Prospect Profile ? A player you can bet a Laught-on | The Hockey Writers

makes me feel a little better.. anybody that gets described as a guy who will do anything to win and is a smart hockey player, is ok with me

(ps, you should post more santa monica :thumb:)

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am loving this kid more and more. Thinking about it, even when Briere is gone we have Giroux, Schenn, Couturier, and Laughton down the middle.

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am loving this kid more and more. Thinking about it, even when Briere is gone we have Giroux, Schenn, Couturier, and Laughton down the middle.

ha, i just watched that video too.. anyone who says "i think i'm a leader, and i'll run through a wall to help my teammates" is alright in my book.. strange use for a 1st round pick, but i think the flyers found their max talbot of the future.. i still hate the guy, but you cant argue what he brings to a team.. that energy/shutdown role is absolutely vital to a team

kid looks downright fierce too.. if everything goes right, cousins and laughton are going to wreak havoc on teams while giroux, schenn, couturier, and ryan :-)D, :P) rest up from scoring a bagillion goals a piece

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha, i just watched that video too.. anyone who says "i think i'm a leader, and i'll run through a wall to help my teammates" is alright in my book.. strange use for a 1st round pick, but i think the flyers found their max talbot of the future.. i still hate the guy, but you cant argue what he brings to a team.. that energy/shutdown role is absolutely vital to a team

kid looks downright fierce too.. if everything goes right, cousins and laughton are going to wreak havoc on teams while giroux, schenn, couturier, and ryan :-)D, :P) rest up from scoring a bagillion goals a piece

He seems to just scream "Flyers hockey." Are we dealing with a possible future captain here? :D

Man does look like a straight up animal. The way he walke dup to the podium, he was in the zone.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have to take the best player and in Homer's mind this was it.....have to giggle that the pens just got weaker up the middle while the Flyers just got ridiculously stronger.

They're obviously going to find a dman in FA or via trade and I don't blame them as they are ready to win a cup next year. Anyone know when Laughton will be ready for the NHL? Another Couturier? That would be crazy shit...

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO...a good pick. I get the feeling that Homer was not sure that this guy would be there in the 2nd round so he spun the wheel. Still a lot of good prospects out there for the 2nd round and who really things that they are done dealing?

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I wonder, How many of the people on here will be loving this Draft pick come the end of next season, where lo and behold, were heading into the playoffs and one of our Good Dmen gets hurt again, and what a ya know, it's depletion central at the Defensive position once again. This was not a good draft pick unless you are planning to bundle him and JVR and get a legit Dman. I would trade both these players and another pick to Phoenix for Yandle in a heartbeat. This move really puzzled me and Pissed me off considering Maata was there for the taking. Man I know this is gonna be a regret.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I wonder, How many of the people on here will be loving this Draft pick come the end of next season, where lo and behold, were heading into the playoffs and one of our Good Dmen gets hurt again, and what a ya know, it's depletion central at the Defensive position once again. This was not a good draft pick unless you are planning to bundle him and JVR and get a legit Dman. I would trade both these players and another pick to Phoenix for Yandle in a heartbeat. This move really puzzled me and Pissed me off considering Maata was there for the taking. Man I know this is gonna be a regret.

i wanted them to take maatta too.. but chances are he wouldn't have been NHL ready next year either.. not a smart pick IMO because they need D-prospects, but i dont think itll hurt them next season

if they had to go forward though, i do like laughton

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So by your post Im guessing Matta would have been the saviour to the Defense.
He may have not even made the team this season. The FLyers need NHL ready D-men for any playoff run. Im sure Homer has a plan to address that need

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wanted them to take maatta too.. but chances are he wouldn't have been NHL ready next year either.. not a smart pick IMO because they need D-prospects, but i dont think itll hurt them next season

if they had to go forward though, i do like laughton

So by your post Im guessing Matta would have been the saviour to the Defense.
He may have not even made the team this season. The FLyers need NHL ready D-men for any playoff run. Im sure Homer has a plan to address that need

Maybe you need Hooked on Phonics? If you think stop gapping a hole everytime it happens is the way to buikd a team then so be it, but it never happens that way does it, lol.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha ha this is our new Dman Prospect, Homer put the fucking Bong down..

Final Rank: 148
Position: Defenseman Shoots: Left
Height: 5' 11" Weight: 160
Born: April 20, 1993
Born in: Margate, FL, USA
Drafted: PHI (3rd Round / 78th Overall)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3