• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers 3 Stars 2013-14

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know it was a solid team game when you think of 6-8 names while trying to come up with the three stars. I would even mention Read and Streit, who both played big minutes and were also very effective offensively, especially on the power play.

I really want to know how many posts we've hit this season. It has to be more than one per game at the very least. Streit finally got one to deflect in instead of out.

the D was very active early on last night.. i thought it brought a big dimension to the offense.. for a lot of hte first period the caps were just hanging on.. even schenn had a couple of big pinches in to the slot

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do have one very concerning negative.. giroux's backchecking on the caps second goal (i think) was abysmal. he lolly gagged back and gave up what should have been an easy breakaway if not for a bad pass from the caps guy.. then just drifted back and didn't cover anyone.. the guy he should've covered, scored easily. i rewound that play a couple of times to look at it.. just terrible. giroux has been doing that type of stuff far too much this season

his offense has picked up lately and that makes up for it a little, but you still gotta bust your ass to get back on defense.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the D was very active early on last night.. i thought it brought a big dimension to the offense.. for a lot of hte first period the caps were just hanging on.. even schenn had a couple of big pinches in to the slot

Schenn played an all around solid game in all three zones, he is playing very good hockey the last few weeks and Berube is recognizing it by putting him out on special teams.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All around team game no individual stars maybe Voracek if anyone stood out

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do have one very concerning negative.. giroux's backchecking on the caps second goal (i think) was abysmal. he lolly gagged back and gave up what should have been an easy breakaway if not for a bad pass from the caps guy.. then just drifted back and didn't cover anyone.. the guy he should've covered, scored easily. i rewound that play a couple of times to look at it.. just terrible. giroux has been doing that type of stuff far too much this season

his offense has picked up lately and that makes up for it a little, but you still gotta bust your ass to get back on defense.

That was definitely bad. We had plenty of guys back, but nobody got a body or a stick on Fehr. The first goal I'm willing to concede was just a lucky bounce for OV, but between Mason and I believe Grossmann, that puck should've been corralled. I'd venture to say that G is the most competitive guy on our team and he will learn from that mistake one way or another.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was definitely bad. We had plenty of guys back, but nobody got a body or a stick on Fehr. The first goal I'm willing to concede was just a lucky bounce for OV, but between Mason and I believe Grossmann, that puck should've been corralled. I'd venture to say that G is the most competitive guy on our team and he will learn from that mistake one way or another.

yep. only reason i single guys like him and voracek out are because they are better than that.

reading around that gus botched the defensive coverage on that one too, i didnt notice that, but i've seen it from a few people now.

i think on the first goal everyone just kinda panicked except for OV. just slide over and get in front of the puck if it's all you can do. no need to flail around to try to move it from there. OV isn't super dangerous on that puck unless you're leaky. it wasn't a good angle and he couldn't get much on it. just get in front of it. easy to say from the sidelines obviously, but just how i saw that one.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. only reason i single guys like him and voracek out are because they are better than that.

reading around that gus botched the defensive coverage on that one too, i didnt notice that, but i've seen it from a few people now.

i think on the first goal everyone just kinda panicked except for OV. just slide over and get in front of the puck if it's all you can do. no need to flail around to try to move it from there. OV isn't super dangerous on that puck unless you're leaky. it wasn't a good angle and he couldn't get much on it. just get in front of it. easy to say from the sidelines obviously, but just how i saw that one.

I heard a few people say that but I'm not completely sure it was his fault - he did pinch in a bit for whatever reason but G had stopped and didn't look back to see Fehr, Gus could have taken him but G needs to take the forward

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a few people say that but I'm not completely sure it was his fault - he did pinch in a bit for whatever reason but G had stopped and didn't look back to see Fehr, Gus could have taken him but G needs to take the forward

ya that's what i saw too. if G looks behind him it's a non-issue. he almost had him covered just due to blind luck. a step or two the other direction and fehr is covered. i would find it hard to blame someone else in that situation, gus probably figured G had him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gieoux
Voracek
Coburn

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Claude Giroux
2) Braydon Coburn
3) Jake Voracek

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coburn was excellent tonight. He has really turned it around

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What little of the game I saw, Coburn looked like one of the guys that really came to play tonight..

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason, Couturier, and Luke Schenn. Especially Schenn.

Need to be more disciplined

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Luke Schenn - I can't believe I'm saying this, but he was amazing tonight for once
2) Steve Mason - Stellar performance tonight, he looked like the guy we know best
3) Claude Giroux - Once again he was huge on the score sheet

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Wayne Simmonds - He was stellar tonight, three straight games with two goals in each game
2) Claude Giroux - He was big for the Flyers in helping the comeback, he made some nifty plays
3) Steve Mason - He struggled a bit early but if it wasn't for a few of his late saves, things would be different

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giroux and Mason were beasts tonight. Mez was so bad he actually gets the third star.

Simmonds didn't score twice and therefore sucks.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Steve
2. Insert middle name
3. Mason

Some other guys were OK.