• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton got Brees from the chargers.
Brees was coming off shoulder surgery. Guess the Bolts thought he was done. The reason i remember is because the Bears needed a QB (a perpetual problem) and i couldnt believe they werent even kicking the tires on Brees.

Imagine the Bears with Brees and that defense and return game?
:cloud9:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears are in an amazing position. I hope they know what to do.

Bears are a really fortunate franchise these days. If they can get a windfall to go from #1 to #2, do it.

Would be somewhat 'poetic justice', a Trubs in reverse do over.

Question remains...do the stick with Feilds? Do they love Caleb THAT much more than Fields or Drake May?
Ironic that you guys bring this up. I posted this on the Bears board a day or 2 ago:

If i'm reading the tea leaves in Kevin Warren's and Ryan Poles' comments for keeping Eberflus, it sounds as though they care more about character. Period. That somehow, character in and of itself will win the day and triumph over talent alone.

There were hints that "character" is one of the reasons why they traded Roquon Smith to Baltimore. He was publically critical of decisions the Bears were making.

Character concerns were why the Bears did not draft Jalen Carter.

So Caleb Williams paints his nails, or cries in his mom's arms in the stands, or even publicly says there are certain NFL teams he does not want to play for.

Question is, do Warren and Poles see these as "character" concerns?? If they do, CW wont be here.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic that you guys bring this up. I posted this on the Bears board a day or 2 ago:

If i'm reading the tea leaves in Kevin Warren's and Ryan Poles' comments for keeping Eberflus, it sounds as though they care more about character. Period. That somehow, character in and of itself will win the day and triumph over talent alone.

There were hints that "character" is one of the reasons why they traded Roquon Smith to Baltimore. He was publically critical of decisions the Bears were making.

Character concerns were why the Bears did not draft Jalen Carter.

So Caleb Williams paints his nails, or cries in his mom's arms in the stands, or even publicly says there are certain NFL teams he does not want to play for.

Question is, do Warren and Poles see these as "character" concerns?? If they do, CW wont be here.
:what: :what: :what:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You beat me to it.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Kliff Kingsbury “has withdrawn himself from consideration for the offensive coordinator job of the Raiders.”

Just days after Schefter reported Kingsbury was expected to land in Vegas, Kingsbury has now opted to withdraw his name from the race. We’ll see in the coming days if this is just a simple change of heart or if Kingsbury had other opportunities he wanted to entertain, but regardless, it’s a tough look for the Raiders, who appeared to have their guy. The Raiders reportedly interviewed UCLA head coach Chip Kelly twice before landing on Kingsbury as their OC, so it’s possible the two sides will reignite conversations in the coming days as Kelly looks to get back into the league.
Schefter was just making shit up. The whole sports media is a clusterfucking disaster.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Bears wanna be their stupid ol' selves, I'd love to see them ship Fields to the Vikings.
I am at the point that i dont care what the Bears do. Seems like any move is the wrong move so often.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Kingsbury is not the OC in Vegas.

Great.. gonna end up with Chip friggin Kelly. He wasn't bad when he had Andy Reids roster in Philly, but he's sucked ever since
The good news is that you will run a ton of plays. The bad news is that it will just result in the other team getting the ball back faster and your defense getting no rest. The exact thing that happened to him in Philly. That shit works a lot better in college when you have a superior offense and can march right down the field over and over again. Doesn't translate at all in the NFL. The two teams playing in the Super Bowl this year ran the 14th (KC 63.8 plays per game) and the 26th (SF 60.7 plays per game) most plays in the NFL this year. Cleveland was 1st and Seattle was dead last. Would not have guessed that.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just posting this to torture @TREFF.

The funny thing is, these "crack reporters" spelled his name wrong.
He's the Great Getsby! :pound: :pound: :pound:

Raiders hired Luke Getsby to be their new offensive coordinator, according to Ian Rapoport.

The hiring has been reported for a few days, but it now appears to be official. After Kliff Kingsbury took himself out of the running for the job, Getsby immediately emerged as the favorite. Getsy served as the offensive coordinator in Chicago for two seasons before being fired at the end of this year. Under Getsby in 2023, the Bears finished the year 24th in EPA per dropback and ninth in EPA per rush attempt. That may need to change with an offense built around Devante Adams. However, Getsy also struggled to ge the most out of Justin Fields, often limiting him as a rusher, so this hiring would likely take the Raiders out of the running as a trade partner with the Bears for Fields.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just posting this to torture @TREFF.

The funny thing is, these "crack reporters" spelled his name wrong.
He's the Great Getsby! :pound: :pound: :pound:

Raiders hired Luke Getsby to be their new offensive coordinator, according to Ian Rapoport.

The hiring has been reported for a few days, but it now appears to be official. After Kliff Kingsbury took himself out of the running for the job, Getsby immediately emerged as the favorite. Getsy served as the offensive coordinator in Chicago for two seasons before being fired at the end of this year. Under Getsby in 2023, the Bears finished the year 24th in EPA per dropback and ninth in EPA per rush attempt. That may need to change with an offense built around Devante Adams. However, Getsy also struggled to ge the most out of Justin Fields, often limiting him as a rusher, so this hiring would likely take the Raiders out of the running as a trade partner with the Bears for Fields.

Note to self: Do not take any Raiders in FF this year.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting caveat of note as it relates to Chicago, Washington and Caleb Williams.

with the new NIL crap, these incoming rookies, at least the top guys, will have more leverage to tell the teams drafting them..'thanks but no thanks'. They may not be in dire straights of needing money as previous incoming freshmen generally were/are, and can more easily tell any team, hey, I'm not playing for you, you can either trade the pick, trade me, or I'll wait out the clock as my rights expire and enter the supplemental draft next season.

Allegedly, Caleb Williams (or his agent) has said this to the Chicago brass. He's estimated to have banked at least 3.2 million in NIL $$, so he certainly COULD sit and wait out the clock until the '25 draft, if he really wanted to.

Bo Jackson did this when TB drafted him, as he had baseball to turn to for income, and actually did sit out the entire year, being drafted by the Raiders in the next year's supplemental draft, once his TB rights expired, Elway did the same when Baltimore (Colts) drafted him, but they finally got a deal done with Denver. He could've been a Yankee instead, drafted in the second round of MLB draft. . But without the baseball aspect, one wonders if they'd have been able to stick to their guns enough to actually force the issue.

Nowadays, that's not as big of a deal. If Caleb doesn't want to play for Chicago, he certainly doesn't have to, h'es probably got a nice little chunk of change sitting around.

Which, would could really hurt the Bears trade leverage with Washington- or anyone else. If everyone knows they can't sign him, either they won't pick him- in which case Washington doesn't have to do anything at all, just wait and take him #2. Or the Bears draft him anyways, and have to trade him 'discounted' from what one might have thought they could get, because everyone knows he won't sign.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting caveat of note as it relates to Chicago, Washington and Caleb Williams.

with the new NIL crap, these incoming rookies, at least the top guys, will have more leverage to tell the teams drafting them..'thanks but no thanks'. They may not be in dire straights of needing money as previous incoming freshmen generally were/are, and can more easily tell any team, hey, I'm not playing for you, you can either trade the pick, trade me, or I'll wait out the clock as my rights expire and enter the supplemental draft next season.

Allegedly, Caleb Williams (or his agent) has said this to the Chicago brass. He's estimated to have banked at least 3.2 million in NIL $$, so he certainly COULD sit and wait out the clock until the '25 draft, if he really wanted to.

Bo Jackson did this when TB drafted him, as he had baseball to turn to for income, and actually did sit out the entire year, being drafted by the Raiders in the next year's supplemental draft, once his TB rights expired, Elway did the same when Baltimore (Colts) drafted him, but they finally got a deal done with Denver. He could've been a Yankee instead, drafted in the second round of MLB draft. . But without the baseball aspect, one wonders if they'd have been able to stick to their guns enough to actually force the issue.

Nowadays, that's not as big of a deal. If Caleb doesn't want to play for Chicago, he certainly doesn't have to, h'es probably got a nice little chunk of change sitting around.

Which, would could really hurt the Bears trade leverage with Washington- or anyone else. If everyone knows they can't sign him, either they won't pick him- in which case Washington doesn't have to do anything at all, just wait and take him #2. Or the Bears draft him anyways, and have to trade him 'discounted' from what one might have thought they could get, because everyone knows he won't sign.
That's a good point, although it really only removes Chicago as one of the teams seeking Caleb's services.

Following through on sitting out would not be not smart, though. It would definitely lower the value of his rookie contract, not just because he wouldn't be a first overall pick in the regular draft any more, but because Watson gave GMs the heebie-jeebies about a QB who sits out for a year, not to mention coming off as an entitled prick.

Chicago should be able to play a lot of teams against each other: Washington, New England, Broncos, Raiders, Falcons, Seahawks, Steelers and maybe even Cowboys. My feeling is they should end up trading with Washington, who might be willing to pay a lot just to move up one spot if they think they might lose Williams to another team. Then the Bears should take Harrison, trade Fields to Atlanta or somebody, take Penix at #9, and use their trade haul and cap space to fill out the o-line and D. They do something that and they'll feel like an exciting up-and-coming team.

Chicago doesn't need a hotshot QB; they need a tough thoughtful leader who takes care of the ball.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he certainly COULD sit and wait out the clock until the '25 draft, if he really wanted to.
Nope.
There was a deadline all rookies had to commit to the draft and it has passed.

if anything, he can pull an Eli Manning and pout (until NY traded with SD).

And just to clarify... his agent has essentially said that ALL NFL teams are in play, its just that CW has his own wish list. If youre buying

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

And just to clarify... his agent has essentially said that ALL NFL teams are in play, its just that CW has his own wish list. If youre buying
Am I the only one that is rooting for Caleb Williams to be a massive bust in the NFL? He's never played an NFL snap and I already can't stand the guy.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

Well he can commit to the draft, be drafted, and still not sign. In one calender year, the drafting team would forfeit the rights to the player

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point, although it really only removes Chicago as one of the teams seeking Caleb's services.

Following through on sitting out would not be not smart, though. It would definitely lower the value of his rookie contract, not just because he wouldn't be a first overall pick in the regular draft any more, but because Watson gave GMs the heebie-jeebies about a QB who sits out for a year, not to mention coming off as an entitled prick.

Chicago should be able to play a lot of teams against each other: Washington, New England, Broncos, Raiders, Falcons, Seahawks, Steelers and maybe even Cowboys. My feeling is they should end up trading with Washington, who might be willing to pay a lot just to move up one spot if they think they might lose Williams to another team. Then the Bears should take Harrison, trade Fields to Atlanta or somebody, take Penix at #9, and use their trade haul and cap space to fill out the o-line and D. They do something that and they'll feel like an exciting up-and-coming team.

Chicago doesn't need a hotshot QB; they need a tough thoughtful leader who takes care of the ball.
Yeah, I ain't saying it'd be the best career move... just that he could.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that is rooting for Caleb Williams to be a massive bust in the NFL? He's never played an NFL snap and I already can't stand the guy.
I wish the league had 32 good quarterbacks

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if youre old enough to remember Brian Bosworth? Same type of hype... generational player... the next Dick Butkus... Boz started making demands prior to the draft... wanted the NFL to change linebacker numbering so he could keep his college number...

BUST

And his acting chops are terrible too.