• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of weed. That being said, I work at a place that doesn't test and my boss doesn't really give a shit what I do when I leave this place, as long as it doesn't affect what I do when I am here. If I worked for someone different, I would have a different gameplan. Especially, if I were living my dream of being an NFL player, where I could retire at age 35 and be set for life. I could quit for 10 to 15 years until that happens, then toke my F'in head off. Rollin' on dubs, smokin' on dubs, beyatch!

I'm with ya there, bro. :suds::suds::suds:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Jones thing was old news, they are just getting around to suspending him
had to figure he was getting a suspension after the weed bust last year

and agree with chef and femurov - it's called "your time" for a reason, do what you want with both your time and your body.
Just don't expect me to feel bad if you are doing a bunch of unhealthy shit, and it causes health problems.

(just as I would not want someone else to feel bad for me if I caused myself health problems with the choices I make)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of weed. That being said, I work at a place that doesn't test and my boss doesn't really give a shit what I do when I leave this place, as long as it doesn't affect what I do when I am here. If I worked for someone different, I would have a different gameplan. Especially, if I were living my dream of being an NFL player, where I could retire at age 35 and be set for life. I could quit for 10 to 15 years until that happens, then toke my F'in head off. Rollin' on dubs, smokin' on dubs, beyatch!
Right? I mean, I'm somewhat opposite in my thoughts on weed itself, but I am also a very big beliver in "to each thier own". If you wanna do it, great, go ahead, could care less, I won't be turning you in. Just don't ask for sympathy or bail money for me, it was your choice to take that chance.
But like you said, when you know its against the rules of your chosen profession, and you don't want to lose that, just don't. Potheads are the first to profess its not addictive, so just stop. I just don't understand

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Jones thing was old news, they are just getting around to suspending him
had to figure he was getting a suspension after the weed bust last year

and agree with chef and femurov - it's called "your time" for a reason, do what you want with both your time and your body.
Just don't expect me to feel bad if you are doing a bunch of unhealthy shit, and it causes health problems.

(just as I would not want someone else to feel bad for me if I caused myself health problems with the choices I make)

Right? I mean, I'm somewhat opposite in my thoughts on weed itself, but I am also a very big beliver in "to each thier own". If you wanna do it, great, go ahead, could care less, I won't be turning you in. Just don't ask for sympathy or bail money for me, it was your choice to take that chance.
But like you said, when you know its against the rules of your chosen profession, and you don't want to lose that, just don't. Potheads are the first to profess its not addictive, so just stop. I just don't understand

And there's the thing; the point is not about weed, booze, or mostly anything else. The point is "Stupid is as Stupid Does", and in this great country of ours, it's everyone's right to prove that point for themselves. ;)

dc7b827f8e94456730f0bbbdc16e455e.gif

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there's the thing; the point is not about weed, booze, or mostly anything else. The point is "Stupid is as Stupid Does", and in this great country of ours, it's everyone's right to prove that point for themselves. ;)

dc7b827f8e94456730f0bbbdc16e455e.gif
Cake and bullshit are far too close together for a big finger on a small screen

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't these guys get it through their heads to just not smoke weed? Why is that so difficult?

Most/All? teams actually have a guy that calls every player on the team to inform them that they can't smoke beyond this point(April 13?), because they'll be subject to random testing. I'm guessing they're just to addicted to care. On a side note i think the NFL should change the date they start testing from April 20 to April 21 :doobs:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most/All? teams actually have a guy that calls every player on the team to inform them that they can't smoke beyond this point(April 13?), because they'll be subject to random testing. I'm guessing they're just to addicted to care. On a side note i think the NFL should change the date they start testing from April 20 to April 21 :doobs:
Well if they're not gonna allow it, then they outta test year round. Either do it or don't, half assed isn't the way to accomplish much of anything

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if they're not gonna allow it, then they outta test year round. Either do it or don't, half assed isn't the way to accomplish much of anything

They use year round testing as a punishment for those stupid enough to fail the test once. The off seasons the off season i don't think the NFL cares much what the players do. If they don't get caught good for them and if they do the league gets extra publicity during the off season.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see they upheld the Edelman susp - but never have come out and said what the substance was - - just seems kind of strange that if they test for a list of PEDs that whatever they found wasn't one of them (for sure).

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see they upheld the Edelman susp - but never have come out and said what the substance was - - just seems kind of strange that if they test for a list of PEDs that whatever they found wasn't one of them (for sure).

Same for every employer and every union I've heard of - anything besides a negative drug test = a positive drug test.
Even if they can't tell you why.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

New PEDs happen in the labs, the chemical make up is similar to other PEDs on the list, is what I heard. Don’t know that for a fact, but makes sense. Obviously after giving hundreds of tests coming across something they can’t positively identify is a red flag by itself.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New PEDs happen in the labs, the chemical make up is similar to other PEDs on the list, is what I heard. Don’t know that for a fact, but makes sense. Obviously after giving hundreds of tests coming across something they can’t positively identify is a red flag by itself.
Plus they test for masking agents, and those are constantly evolving as well

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus they test for masking agents, and those are constantly evolving as well

Yea, understand all that but seems like it would be difficult to advise players what supplements not to take if you don't know yourself. I get that the players are responsible for what they put in their bodies - and I suppose the option is always there to ask before taking anything that 'could' be a no-no. .... with millions on the line, I certainly would be beyond careful.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, understand all that but seems like it would be difficult to advise players what supplements not to take if you don't know yourself. I get that the players are responsible for what they put in their bodies - and I suppose the option is always there to ask before taking anything that 'could' be a no-no. .... with millions on the line, I certainly would be beyond careful.
tehres a 24 hour hotline for gods sake