• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean who really knows but they supposedly could have acquired a 3rd last year so why not make the move if he desperately wanted him off the roster. Payton may certainly be a genius but he definitely didn’t help his cause in Denver. We basically saw him with one QB all his head coaching career until Denver. I am not sure what his success was before his head coaching career but I guess we will see if he doesn’t keep falling flat on his face like BB post-Brady. Not saying I am getting that vibe but still makes you think
Payton is 25-20 when Brees doesn't start. That's pretty good. (Compare to Belichick's 83-100 without Brady.)

Brees by the way was 37-37 without Payton.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If one could find an example of any other 1st round/top 15 WR who, within their rookie contract, never had 1k yards, didn't play out their rookie contract with the team who drafted them, and weren't labeled a bust, I will certainly concede the point
Doesn't fit the exact criteria but I think he is in the same tier as Michael Crabtree. Massively hyped coming out, fell a few spots in the draft, and was just an alright starter.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean who really knows but they supposedly could have acquired a 3rd last year so why not make the move if he desperately wanted him off the roster. Payton may certainly be a genius but he definitely didn’t help his cause in Denver. We basically saw him with one QB all his head coaching career until Denver. I am not sure what his success was before his head coaching career but I guess we will see if he doesn’t keep falling flat on his face like BB post-Brady. Not saying I am getting that vibe but still makes you think
Well, he improved Brees, he improved Winston, Bridgewater had arguably the best 5 game stretch of his career, and he improved RW.

And he went 13-3, 12-4, and 9-8 with 2 division titles and a playoff win without Brees

I'm more inclined to say he is, than that he isn't.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: Russell Wilson
Just a hunch, but perhaps RW was exceptional at improvisation. Probably didnt hurt that he had above average WR and RB corps. Maybe, just maybe, age started to catch up with him and his improvising was getting exposed.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he improved Brees, he improved Winston, Bridgewater had arguably the best 5 game stretch of his career, and he improved RW.

And he went 13-3, 12-4, and 9-8 with 2 division titles and a playoff win without Brees

I'm more inclined to say he is, than that he isn't.
He also had five seasons with Brees where he didn't break .500. If you consider Payton/Brees a successful pairing (which most would), you give Payton some time to right the ship and not expect playoff wins every year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also had five seasons with Brees where he didn't break .500. If you consider Payton/Brees a successful pairing (which most would), you give Payton some time to right the ship and not expect playoff wins every year.
I think any team, any coach/QB combo, expecting playoff wins every year is a bit out of touch.

But yea, certainly agree. What's going on in Denver this offseason, imho, is %100 the right type of moves. It's what I WISH was going on in Vegas

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: Russell Wilson
Just a hunch, but perhaps RW was exceptional at improvisation. Probably didnt hurt that he had above average WR and RB corps. Maybe, just maybe, age started to catch up with him and his improvising was getting exposed.
Agreed,
And alot of what's going on with him, began that last year or two in Seattle, publicly complaining about wanting to play more like a pocket QB, so he could extend his career. Specifically saying he wanted to be like Drew Brees. Carrol tried it for him, Hackett tried it, Payton tried it. Well, turns out, he's not that good at playing like Drew Brees, that's just not what works for him.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think any team, any coach/QB combo, expecting playoff wins every year is a bit out of touch.

But yea, certainly agree. What's going on in Denver this offseason, imho, is %100 the right type of moves. It's what I WISH was going on in Vegas
What is going on in Vegas anyway? I can't tell.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Squishy Mac to Jags?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will only be in JAX one year but I guess you take the opportunity to add to the QB room just in case TL gets hurt

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what Denver is doing. They saw obvious problems and even if it makes the cap tough the next years they are willing make those changes.

I just wonder why they didn’t trade Jeudy last year. They wanted a 2nd or 3rd. I am sure they got better offers than a 5th and 6th especially with all the rumored teams interested in Jeudy other than the Browns. If Payton wanted him out I believe trading him last year was the better move. All speculation though who knows what the offers were at the deadline

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what Denver is doing. They saw obvious problems and even if it makes the cap tough the next years they are willing make those changes.

I just wonder why they didn’t trade Jeudy last year. They wanted a 2nd or 3rd. I am sure they got better offers than a 5th and 6th especially with all the rumored teams interested in Jeudy other than the Browns. If Payton wanted him out I believe trading him last year was the better move. All speculation though who knows what the offers were at the deadline
My best guest, based off what I've heard locally, mostly, is that once they weren't blown away by a trade offer for Jeudy or Sutton, they wanted to give it a real shot with RW, and to give him that real shot they wanted every possible weapon they could get him. That shot misfired. So now, with a terrible year in film, and only one year left on his deal, at a bad price tag relative to the production, they took whatever they could get for him this year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN’s Jordan Raanan reports the Chargers, Ravens, and Bears are believed to be serious suitors for RB Saquon Barkley.

So cash a big paycheck to play for a more than likely bad team, or take a backseat to Lamaar in the run game and lose in the playoffs? Fantasy wise, gotta hope n pray for LAC or CHIC. Personally, outside of simply getting paid, I can't see why he'd want any of the three

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports the Buccaneers and Baker Mayfield have agreed to three-year, $100 million contract.
According to Rapoport, Mayfield’s deal includes $50 million in guaranteed money, and he can earn as much as $115 million over the next three years. The former No. 1 overall pick joined the Buccaneers on a one-year prove-it deal last offseason and wound up throwing for 4,044-28-10 while leading the Bucs to a 9-8 record and a postseason berth. In the NFC Wild Card game against the Eagles, Mayfield threw for 337 yards and three touchdowns to down the Eagles and went for another 349-3-2 in the divisional round loss to the Lions. With Mayfield and Mike Evans now back in the mix, the Bucs will look to add to their roster and defend their NFC South title for the third-consecutive season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news-

Why did the Seachickens extend Lockett? Didn't JSN do enough to be the #2 to DK?
They didn't extend him, looks like he plain took a pay cut to stay in Seattle, but haven't seen the contract details yet.

Last edited: