• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Fields. Really don't know how this would happen with the division rivalry and what the trade might entail.

But damn, I want Fields!
Why? Becuase he kicked so much A in Chicago???

Don't get it..I don't think Feilds is an NFL starter... not without a Raven-esque offense in place

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a great trade, for Cleveland.

Don’t really get why Sean Payton is tanking an already bad team.
I'm not sure how you tank by trading Jerry Juedy. Dude isn't a difference make in the slightest, especially not without a QB.. which no matter what they do this year, they won't have.

With Juedy or without, W/L record will be the exact same

Russel was terrible, Simmons was old and deserves a better opportunity, Juedy is a bust, and a cancer on and off the feild, and all of them were due far too much against the cap relative to what they produce on the feild

everything that's been done was needed to be done to move forward. A classic two steps back to take one forward situation that is the result of a decade of terrible drafts/signings/trades/ coaching hires by Elway and Paton

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Becuase he kicked so much A in Chicago???

Don't get it..I don't think Feilds is an NFL starter... not without a Raven-esque offense in place
Just my take. He and DJ Moore were dynamite. Looked to me like Fields was coming into his own.

I'm all in, baby!!

giphy - 2024-03-09T201840.803.gif

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my take. He and DJ Moore were dynamite. Looked to me like Fields was coming into his own.

I'm all in, baby!!

View attachment 356651
Well it's undeniable that DJ had his best statistical season of his career. But it didn't mean success for Chicago. Career 10-28 record, he just doesn't translate to wins

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news-

Why did the Seachickens extend Lockett? Didn't JSN do enough to be the #2 to DK?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news-

Why did the Seachickens extend Lockett? Didn't JSN do enough to be the #2 to DK?
I think it was strictly cap related. He was already signed through 2024 anyway, this just really extended him one year and changed the cap hits both years. If they want out after this year they can still get out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news-

Gotta have as many weapons as possible for Geno lol. I think he will be a lifelong Seahawk, just seems like that type of player. Too bad for JSN. I feel like he is getting held back in that offense and won’t see his full potential

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is stuck in his ways. If that means tossing everyone out he doesn’t like and rebuild he will do it. He is in for the long haul. None of it matters if can’t draft the right QB. Maybe they trade up but that means giving up more picks. Already taking a huge cap hit the next two years for Wilson
Jeudy been whack. Is whack.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only costing them money and a couple flyers on special team type guys.

That’s a big weapon at #2 receiver for them imo.
Is it? Hes vastly underperformed and been publicly called out by former guys for a poor work ethic. Could he be? Sure. Hes never cracked 1k yards. Why is he a weapon and say a guy like zach wilson a bust? Both high picks, both had bad situation's. Both have work ethic concern's.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it? Hes vastly underperformed and been publicly called out by former guys for a poor work ethic. Could he be? Sure. Hes never cracked 1k yards. Why is he a weapon and say a guy like zach wilson a bust? Both high picks, both had bad situation's. Both have work ethic concern's.
Bust for a 1st? Can’t disagree. I didn’t hear anything about his work ethic but talk is talk.

He does have issues but Wilson was the #2 pick. Harder to label a WR a complete bust when he gets the opportunity he shows he can play but hard to produce with terrible QB play. We will see but Wilson is done. Wilson does not have a future in the NFL and I think that is the clear difference.

I want to be clear, I am not a big fan of Jeudy but a 5th and 6th is great value

Stupid twitter. Fuck Elon but here are some stats.IMG_2905.jpeg

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how you tank by trading Jerry Juedy. Dude isn't a difference make in the slightest, especially not without a QB.. which no matter what they do this year, they won't have.

With Juedy or without, W/L record will be the exact same

Russel was terrible, Simmons was old and deserves a better opportunity, Juedy is a bust, and a cancer on and off the feild, and all of them were due far too much against the cap relative to what they produce on the feild

everything that's been done was needed to be done to move forward. A classic two steps back to take one forward situation that is the result of a decade of terrible drafts/signings/trades/ coaching hires by Elway and Paton
I’d say Wilson was average. Their defense was not close to average.

Wish the Lions had traded for JJ. He’d be a massive upgrade at #2. He’s a weapon imo. And really really far from a bust.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing a receiver and quarterback take n second overall isn’t really something I’d do.

Wilson has lost his job multiple times, to multiple guys.

Juedy hasn’t had as underwhelming a career as some other receivers from his first round.

A 24 year old with > 3K in yards the last four years for a 5th and a 6th seems like a steal to me. He isn’t even the most underwhelming receiver the Broncos drafted that year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bust for a 1st? Can’t disagree. I didn’t hear anything about his work ethic but talk is talk.

He does have issues but Wilson was the #2 pick. Harder to label a WR a complete bust when he gets the opportunity he shows he can play but hard to produce with terrible QB play. We will see but Wilson is done. Wilson does not have a future in the NFL and I think that is the clear difference.

I want to be clear, I am not a big fan of Jeudy but a 5th and 6th is great value

Stupid twitter. Fuck Elon but here are some stats.View attachment 356655
To be fair, those are the analytics, not the stats, and a lot of it is subjective. Who determines a 'win', or a 'catchable' target?

As the local former players like Schlereth and Stokely break it down, yes Juedy would often be open, but he was rarely open on time, and often not where he was supposed to be when he was open. For example- 10 yard outs were ran late off the line, and ran at 8 yards, or 9 yards, or 12 yards, not 10, so when the QB hit Juedy in the progression, he was still covered and not at the top of his route, and even if he wasn't, he wasn't in position to turn and receive the ball anyways, so they'd move off him to the next in line, but when you'd watch, the QB throws to someone else, wide shot on TV shows Juedy wide open, so we're all like, 'why didn't they throw it to Juedy??' Been hearing it for years, every Monday morning, from numerous people, all saying more or less the same thing.
Did Juedy 'win' on that route? Sure, but he didn't win, when/where he was suppossed to win, within the design of the play.

And granted, this wasn't every single play, but it was every single game, at various points. Very inconsistent. He was supposedly the most polished route ruined to come out of college that anyone could ever remember, and that just hasn't been the case in the NFL.

Shit situation certainly has something to do with it. He had Shurmer/D. Lock, Shurmer/Bridgewater, N. Hackett/R. Wilson, S. Payton/R. Wilson..but honestly, guys worthy of being a first round selection, have done more, with less. Bridgewater threw a career high amount of TD's his year Denver, yet not a single one was to Juedy. And allegedly, RW is bound for the HOF eventually. No one has ever really suggested that Sean Peyton is anything other than one of the best offense minds in the game. It's not like he had nothing to work with at all.

I think it's most telling that once Denver finally got a legit, proven, NFL coach, the first thing he does is stick Juedy on the trade block, and then trades up in an effort to replace him with his very first pick as a Bronco. Of course, that didn't work out either, so swing and miss there.

Certainly a polarizing character. No one disagrees that he's got ability, not many agree as to why it hasn't panned out. But new team, new coach, definitely needed. We shall see if there's a new Jerry Juedy to go with it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d say Wilson was average. Their defense was not close to average.

Wish the Lions had traded for JJ. He’d be a massive upgrade at #2. He’s a weapon imo. And really really far from a bust.
I dunno, 15th overall pick, 4 years, 0 1k yd seasons, 11 tds total.. dumped for a couple day three picks before his rookie contract expires.. that's exactly what a bust looks like

Doesn't mean he can't turn his stuff around, doesn't mean he isn't still super physically gifted.

But he certainly hasn't produced in accordance to his draft position, which is what defines a bust.

Guess you can say at least he's better than Ruggs and Reagor, but then again, JJ, Aiyuk, Higgins, Pittman..really hard to justify anything other than 'bust' when 4 WR's drafted immediately after you have all become some of the best in the league, and you were considered head and shoulders above them all.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If one could find an example of any other 1st round/top 15 WR who, within their rookie contract, never had 1k yards, didn't play out their rookie contract with the team who drafted them, and weren't labeled a bust, I will certainly concede the point

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, 15th overall pick, 4 years, 0 1k yd seasons, 11 tds total.. dumped for a couple day three picks before his rookie contract expires.. that's exactly what a bust looks like

Doesn't mean he can't turn his stuff around, doesn't mean he isn't still super physically gifted.

But he certainly hasn't produced in accordance to his draft position, which is what defines a bust.

Guess you can say at least he's better than Ruggs and Reagor, but then again, JJ, Aiyuk, Higgins, Pittman..really hard to justify anything other than 'bust' when 4 WR's drafted immediately after you have all become some of the best in the league, and you were considered head and shoulders above them all.
It was a loaded draft class.

No doubt.

He’s been a #2, he’s gonna be a #2.

Tee Higgins got tagged.

Jeudy got traded for scrubs. To a team waaaay better than the one he was on.

No getting around Denver is a loser franchise accepting defeat. That is certainly not putting effort in winning.

I’ll let them eat the bust, not the man who had no choice in joining team Walmart.

He catches what they throw ‘im.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much all fair points. I would say 'accepting defeat' is a bit harsh. They traded away 3 years worth of their future to acquire a viable QB and a HC..they did try to win. Predictably though, pairing a HC who thrives on a clockwork like system with a QB whose strong suit is playing off script, was a disaster. Not entirely sure why they thought that might work. Although RW improved, across the board, from Hacket to Peyton, while sadly, Juedy regressed.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, those are the analytics, not the stats, and a lot of it is subjective. Who determines a 'win', or a 'catchable' target?

As the local former players like Schlereth and Stokely break it down, yes Juedy would often be open, but he was rarely open on time, and often not where he was supposed to be when he was open. For example- 10 yard outs were ran late off the line, and ran at 8 yards, or 9 yards, or 12 yards, not 10, so when the QB hit Juedy in the progression, he was still covered and not at the top of his route, and even if he wasn't, he wasn't in position to turn and receive the ball anyways, so they'd move off him to the next in line, but when you'd watch, the QB throws to someone else, wide shot on TV shows Juedy wide open, so we're all like, 'why didn't they throw it to Juedy??' Been hearing it for years, every Monday morning, from numerous people, all saying more or less the same thing.
Did Juedy 'win' on that route? Sure, but he didn't win, when/where he was suppossed to win, within the design of the play.

And granted, this wasn't every single play, but it was every single game, at various points. Very inconsistent. He was supposedly the most polished route ruined to come out of college that anyone could ever remember, and that just hasn't been the case in the NFL.

Shit situation certainly has something to do with it. He had Shurmer/D. Lock, Shurmer/Bridgewater, N. Hackett/R. Wilson, S. Payton/R. Wilson..but honestly, guys worthy of being a first round selection, have done more, with less. Bridgewater threw a career high amount of TD's his year Denver, yet not a single one was to Juedy. And allegedly, RW is bound for the HOF eventually. No one has ever really suggested that Sean Peyton is anything other than one of the best offense minds in the game. It's not like he had nothing to work with at all.

I think it's most telling that once Denver finally got a legit, proven, NFL coach, the first thing he does is stick Juedy on the trade block, and then trades up in an effort to replace him with his very first pick as a Bronco. Of course, that didn't work out either, so swing and miss there.

Certainly a polarizing character. No one disagrees that he's got ability, not many agree as to why it hasn't panned out. But new team, new coach, definitely needed. We shall see if there's a new Jerry Juedy to go with it.
I mean who really knows but they supposedly could have acquired a 3rd last year so why not make the move if he desperately wanted him off the roster. Payton may certainly be a genius but he definitely didn’t help his cause in Denver. We basically saw him with one QB all his head coaching career until Denver. I am not sure what his success was before his head coaching career but I guess we will see if he doesn’t keep falling flat on his face like BB post-Brady. Not saying I am getting that vibe but still makes you think