• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, can't help it...here's one more. I actually bid like fitty bucks on a '40s Blackhawk issue, but the winner prevailed.

silverage-blackhawk.png

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And one more...the prequel to the above. Paid $4.60 for it.

678055.jpg

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
87511-Im-your-Huckleberry-gif-Val-Ki-t2bx.gif

Whatcha got?

a TON. Again it's literally like 4 or 5 boxes.

mostly from 2003 to 2007.

A lot of DC (tons of Superman, Batman, Xmen and Spiderman).

Also some cool Indy comics like Invincible and The Freshmen.

got a fair amount of the ultimate marvel lines too.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a TON. Again it's literally like 4 or 5 boxes.

mostly from 2003 to 2007.

A lot of DC (tons of Superman, Batman, Xmen and Spiderman).

Also some cool Indy comics like Invincible and The Freshmen.

got a fair amount of the ultimate marvel lines too.

I loved Invincible. Good stuff. Let me know what you wanna do.

Last edited:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Invincible. Good stuff. Let me know what you wanna do.

Gotta be honest, I don't have like a documented inventory. I literally just have boxes that are taking up a lot of space under my air hockey table (my old school xbox and the kick ass games that no longer play on my new age xbox 360...no idea why they make later versions of the 360 not backwards compatible...the next to go).

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be honest, I don't have like a documented inventory. I literally just have boxes that are taking up a lot of space under my air hockey table (my old school xbox and the kick ass games that no longer play on my new age xbox 360...no idea why they make later versions of the 360 not backwards compatible...the next to go).

Yeah, I really wouldn't know how to go about it, anyway. But it's a fun idea. As to xbox, I'm still chuggin' along with a PS3...although it's gotten pretty dusty these days.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got one more bunch of auction wins coming in today or tomorrow; actually went for some Marvels, which are still coveted (and overpriced in most cases, imo; movies and Netflix have driven 70s crap value through the roof!).

Until then: an example of the changing times for DC in the 60s. They were so desperate to catch up to the amazing Lee and Kirby back then.

Robby Reed and Dial H for Hero (still a great concept for anyone with a brain) first issue:

latest

Innocent and fun 60s stuff; ah well, innocence never lasts...final issue:

latest

Haha, I loved all this stuff; however, the majority of fandom did not. In any event, I think it's cool stuff for superhero fans to take a look at. In doing a little research, I've discovered that Robby was brought back at some point as a bitter old man looking for redemption. I'll probably check that out sooner or later. I really don't care about the other revamps unless someone can give me a reason to.

Next Up: Netflix, Marvel, Luke, Danny, Jessica, Matt and more! Some really cool and alternately head shaking stuff here!

You dare not miss it!

Excelsior!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Logicallylethal - I just realized that I'm kinda trolling here on yer thread. Totally didn't mean to do it, and I apologize if I've intruded. Just a huge comics fan getting more into it after taking some years off. I'll start a new thread if it's a prob.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching Batman Returns recently and I think it holds up really well until you get to the third act.

Definitely worth seeing again if only to Mystery Science Theater through it. Maybe not as solid all around as the first Batman but its a lot more fun.

I suspect I'll be saying the same thing about Dark Knight Rises about 15 years from now.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Hardy cast as Venom.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tom Hardy is a very underrated or underappreciated Actor.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching Batman Returns recently and I think it holds up really well until you get to the third act.

Definitely worth seeing again if only to Mystery Science Theater through it. Maybe not as solid all around as the first Batman but its a lot more fun.

I suspect I'll be saying the same thing about Dark Knight Rises about 15 years from now.

until the giant duck?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
until the giant duck?
And the army of mind controlled Penguins (who needs Mad Hatter) and Batman walking around without his mask in front of major villains

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been announced that Zack Snyder is stepping aside from the Justice League film. His daughter committed suicide a couple of months ago, and Snyder decided that what's best for him and his family is being together to heal. Warner Bros. has brought in Josh Whedon to be supervise what remains of Justice League's post-production schedule.

Thoughts and prayers to Snyder and his family...

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Logicallylethal - I just realized that I'm kinda trolling here on yer thread. Totally didn't mean to do it, and I apologize if I've intruded. Just a huge comics fan getting more into it after taking some years off. I'll start a new thread if it's a prob.

Not at all. Post away. This thread is for everything and anything superhero related.

The bulk of the conversation has focused on the cinematic universes of DC and Marvel, but all talks about TV shows, comics, or even cosplays are welcomed.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been announced that Zack Snyder is stepping aside from the Justice League film. His daughter committed suicide a couple of months ago, and Snyder decided that what's best for him and his family is being together to heal. Warner Bros. has brought in Josh Whedon to be supervise what remains of Justice League's post-production schedule.

Thoughts and prayers to Snyder and his family...

I've always been one of Snyder's biggest supporters despite all of his flaws. I feel like he is one of the more unfairly scrutinized and underappreciated directors working today. I will always credit the director that is ambitious enough to try something bold and fail then someone who takes the easy route and settle for good enough.

It's like watching a game of HORSE. Are you more entertained by the person taking difficult shots and hitting at a 50 % rate or the person taking easy shots and hits 70 % of his attempts? Snyder is the guy that takes bold risks visually and with his story/character arcs that will hit or miss, but when they hit they're incredible. No one has ever brought a comic book to life the same way Snyder has with his films.

Time will never truly heal the gaping wound left in his heart having to deal with a death of a child, but hopefully with time he and his family will be able to come to peace and rally behind one another to stay strong and to cherish life even more so then they did before.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been one of Snyder's biggest supporters despite all of his flaws. I feel like he is one of the more unfairly scrutinized and underappreciated directors working today. I will always credit the director that is ambitious enough to try something bold and fail then someone who takes the easy route and settle for good enough.

It's like watching a game of HORSE. Are you more entertained by the person taking difficult shots and hitting at a 50 % rate or the person taking easy shots and hits 70 % of his attempts? Snyder is the guy that takes bold risks visually and with his story/character arcs that will hit or miss, but when they hit they're incredible. No one has ever brought a comic book to life the same way Snyder has with his films.

Time will never truly heal the gaping wound left in his heart having to deal with a death of a child, but hopefully with time he and his family will be able to come to peace and rally behind one another to stay strong and to cherish life even more so then they did before.

300 was damn good.

Man of Steel was good.

Everything else? kinda meh at best.