• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say JL for me.

I think GLC could be incredible if done right.

they all could be incredible if done right... they all have AMAZING stories...

But I consider captain Marvel a.k.a Shazam the most under-rated superhero in any comic universe... Honestly, is there anything better than a childs innocence with superman powers?? isn't that what comics is truly about??

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they do a Superman movie, they don't tell the entire library in the single movie. Why do you think they will need to tell the entire story here in a single movie? I could see this focusing only on his origin and dealing with the truth about his father.

As for being excited, let's see how they do it. If it is a second rate production with no budget, no thanks. But if they give it a legit treatment, it could be pretty epic. Will they make it rated R and have fun with Atom-Eve? With the right casting, that alone could be worth the price of admission.

The first 30 issues or so run like one long ass movie.

But yes it could be fun.

I can't wait for the Invincible Omnibus books to all be out so I re-read the entire journey (I stopped in about 2007, need to get back into it and finish the story).

But I just meant that the story itself I think lends better to an on-going series type role.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first thought is that Justice League is the only one I want to see.

Never been a big Wonder Woman fan, but the trailers have looked pretty good and I like the idea of basing in WW1.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Thor actually looks like a fun movie.

Reactions: ill

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it looks like they are going more of a Guardians of the Galaxy route with humor and fun while introducing a ton of new characters. I am looking forward to this.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that Death?

I guess that answers all the questions about her involvement in the Infinity movies.

The silly humor worries me a bit, but the first two Thor movies were so bad, I guess they wanted to shake things up a bit.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that Death?

I guess that answers all the questions about her involvement in the Infinity movies.

The silly humor worries me a bit, but the first two Thor movies were so bad, I guess they wanted to shake things up a bit.
I despised the first Thor (1.5/5 stars), but actually was a fan of Thor: The Dark World (3.5/5 stars). Not as good as Iron Man or CA:WS or Avengers for sure, but still a decent way to spend two hours.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work directly with this Darryl Banks - Wikipedia Marvel and DC artist on some game designs. Working on a new character for us now.

Best known for his work on the Green Lantern.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that Death?

Not Death. Cate Blanchett plays Hela, the Queen of Hel. Knowing the way Marvel has been molding the MCU around ideas from the comics instead of simply taking the same storylines and characters, I wouldn't be surprised if Hela played the Mistress Death role through Infinity War.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I despised the first Thor (1.5/5 stars), but actually was a fan of Thor: The Dark World (3.5/5 stars). Not as good as Iron Man or CA:WS or Avengers for sure, but still a decent way to spend two hours.
The Thor movies are very different from a lot of the other hero movies. Its ridiculously over the top at parts and very minimal and campy in other parts. The 2nd Thor is just very campy and over the top at all times.

Neither of them are really all that grounded with serious issues unless you consider a sibling rivalry a serious issue. I think the coming of age story works better with Thor than it does with any other hero because the spoiled super hero theme fits better in a mythological setting with gods, giants and politics.

When Bruce Wayne, Wolverine or Tony Stark go through their growing pains of coming of age with their first world issues, it all comes off as boring by comparison. They get around that issue with Bruce Wayne usually with a great Alfred, Ant Man had a great supporting cast and generally was dealing with recidivism which hits harder and in Dr Strange they had some trippy special effects.

Thor can just be a demigod and it works. He is like a big dumb kid because thats how myths and legends kinda work except usually they involve a lot of killing and all things taboo.

It does seem like I rate Thor higher than most. I guess I just sometimes want a superhero movie to be a little cheesy.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thor movies are very different from a lot of the other hero movies. Its ridiculously over the top at parts and very minimal and campy in other parts. The 2nd Thor is just very campy and over the top at all times.

Neither of them are really all that grounded with serious issues unless you consider a sibling rivalry a serious issue. I think the coming of age story works better with Thor than it does with any other hero because the spoiled super hero theme fits better in a mythological setting with gods, giants and politics.

When Bruce Wayne, Wolverine or Tony Stark go through their growing pains of coming of age with their first world issues, it all comes off as boring by comparison. They get around that issue with Bruce Wayne usually with a great Alfred, Ant Man had a great supporting cast and generally was dealing with recidivism which hits harder and in Dr Strange they had some trippy special effects.

Thor can just be a demigod and it works. He is like a big dumb kid because thats how myths and legends kinda work except usually they involve a lot of killing and all things taboo.

It does seem like I rate Thor higher than most. I guess I just sometimes want a superhero movie to be a little cheesy.

I liked Thor.

Quite a bit.

More than the Dark World.

But my list also has more animated movies than anyone elses or he does crash my top 20.

And again, I was a teenager/college kid when the first big wave hit theatres (xmen, spiderman, Nolan Batman, V for Vendetta) so I have a bit of a bias towards that as well.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Ryan.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Century Fox has revealed three more release dates for some of their fan-favorite properties. The first is the long-awaited New Mutants movie, which will debut on April 13, 2018, followed by the highly-anticipated Deadpool 2 on June 1, 2018, and Dark Phoenix on November 2, 2018.

:thumb:

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it looks like they are going more of a Guardians of the Galaxy route with humor and fun while introducing a ton of new characters. I am looking forward to this.

If that approach had been taken with the Fantastic Four, those movies might have been a lot better.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been doin' some comic book auctions and buying old stuff in general...got a bunch of 60s and 70s books on the cheap, but here, so far, is the one I ponied up for...a hundred bucks, graded FN. The other books I'll go through like crazy, but I can't bring myself to open this one...yet. ;)

Justice_League_of_America_Vol_1_4.jpg

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another one I got for 20 bucks, this one graded in good condition. Lol, who cares about the Atom?

Aw, I do...even those little fellers need some love! ;)

justice-league-of-america-14-cover-115967.jpg

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to sell my entire lot of comics.

I got like 4 or 5 boxes of them.

Just need the space and I don't collect, I buy for the stories, so I might as well just get the trade paperbacks.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to sell my entire lot of comics.

I got like 4 or 5 boxes of them.

Just need the space and I don't collect, I buy for the stories, so I might as well just get the trade paperbacks.
87511-Im-your-Huckleberry-gif-Val-Ki-t2bx.gif

Whatcha got?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More cool stuff I picked up...depending on your perspective, of course; I always liked these guys.

latest