• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone needs to chill and get off Kap's back

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick has had trouble with the blitz the past couple of years and he is trying to adjust and that is true. All of a sudden though the guy is no good. Sorry but I am not buying that argument. Has Kap been part of the scene and enjoying the attention and the endorsements...yeah maybe a little. Is Kap totally dedicated to his team and bringing a Championship to SF...You bet your ass he is ! The dude has been to the NFC Championship more than once and came just short of bringing his team back in the Super Bowl in New Orleans after the lights went out. He could of packed but he fought and yes my friends ...49ers are fighters.

It is kind of hard to have quality games when you are running for your life all game. There was even a time when the great Joe Montana was having some sub par games mostly because the O Line had some injuries and Joe got pounded on and he really got beat up bad. I still cringe when I see the Marshall hit at the Stick and the Burt hit in New York both in the playoffs. Now I don't want to put all the blame on the O Line but 8 sacks is 8 sacks especially to a Rams team that has no business sacking the QB that many times.

Kap just turned 27 today and is just coming into his QB prime. Yes he has work to do especially recognizing blitzes and calling audibles. The coaching staff also needs to get it together and get the plays in early enough so he has more time to recognize blitz's and call the correct audibles.

The 49ers coaching staff also needs to take the training wheels off Kap and let him do his thing. His scrambles and QB option runs are a big part of who he is as a QB. You can't go into games scared your QB will get hurt. Kap has the most gifted physical body in the league and he is ripped and ready to run. Dude is a wild mustang and ready to roll. You can't play scared or careful on a football field. Ballz out or go home.

I respect football players for the beating they take every week and they earn every penny out there for the sacrifice they give on the field. They don't have camera's in these guys bedrooms on the day after a hard fought game and you don't see the pain and fight they have to go through the next morning after a game. These Thursday games are bullshit if you ask me. These men need more time to heal each week and also prepare especially when a team has a road game.

Anyway it's time to get off Kap's back and let him do his thing. He has what it takes to be a Champion. I have no doubt's about that. He was one of the guys I wanted the 49ers to draft at QB and they got him. This is no time to turn our backs on him. Pump him up ...don't bring him down. I hope he uses all this B.S. to get motivated to lead this team to the promised land. The dude is still learning and is only 27 . Go get em' Kap and have a Happy Birthday.

Go 49ers !!

:suds::clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not his fault the refs have enjoyed screwing him over throughout his young career during every 4th quarter comeback. =\

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, he's a great player, but he will never be able to carry a whole team on his back like Brady, Manning, Brees, etc. we have 3 rushing TD's total this season and our record is 4-4. Coincidence? I think not.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, he's a great player, but he will never be able to carry a whole team on his back like Brady, Manning, Brees, etc. we have 3 rushing TD's total this season and our record is 4-4. Coincidence? I think not.

Players that have to carry a whole team don't win super bowls. Manning has one but he didn't have to carry the team that year. Brady had to do little to get first super bowl, it was mostly defense. Thats why QBs like Marino and Fouts have no rings.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick has had trouble with the blitz the past couple of years and he is trying to adjust and that is true. All of a sudden though the guy is no good. Sorry but I am not buying that argument. Has Kap been part of the scene and enjoying the attention and the endorsements...yeah maybe a little. Is Kap totally dedicated to his team and bringing a Championship to SF...You bet your ass he is ! The dude has been to the NFC Championship more than once and came just short of bringing his team back in the Super Bowl in New Orleans after the lights went out. He could of packed but he fought and yes my friends ...49ers are fighters.

:suds::clap:

Didn't he walk around wearing a Dolphin's hat one time? That's poor judgement and Novorro Bowman even called him out on it. It's tough to claim a QB is "dedicated to his team" when he's wearing another teams gear on his days off.

That aside, I think Kaep is one of the better young QB's playing today. He can hurt teams a few different ways and his escapability makes him very dangerous at all times. From an outsider standpoint I think his glaring weakness is his lack of touch on the ball. Can he throw a touch pass? Yes. Does he do it often? Hell no. If he didn't try to throw 90 MPH fastballs almost every single time I think he might be far more effective. I've seen Kaep whip a heater at a receiver only 4 or 5 yards away that was standing uncovered. No need to do that there and lots of those get dropped as a result. Its a coachable problem though, just like how he is going through his reads better than a year ago was coachable. Just my opinion.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont blame kap. He has 1.5 sec to throw the ball. THe oline is really bad. Look what happens when Payton gets pressure on him he melts down every time. Kap needs a better oline. Oline is playing really bad this year but most blame is on Roman for switching schemes every week. Go back to what we did the last 3 years.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not his fault the refs have enjoyed screwing him over throughout his young career during every 4th quarter comeback. =\

Having swag or attitude gives him a target for the refs and PFF? :shrug:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont blame kap. He has 1.5 sec to throw the ball. THe oline is really bad. Look what happens when Payton gets pressure on him he melts down every time. Kap needs a better oline. Oline is playing really bad this year but most blame is on Roman for switching schemes every week. Go back to what we did the last 3 years.

He needs to do what the WCO/Reid offense does. If he does that and then takes shots more than KC, they will win out, IMO. No one says that taking shots all day with a bad oline is good and being too conservative is bad, too. So if they get positive yards, albeit short, Kaepernick has a strong enough arm to then take advantage. Running to get play action would help.

It seems that people call what KC does easy, ignore how successful it is, but then struggle trying to do the opposite - either get foiled by INTs (not us) or too long developing pass plays with a bad oline (us). Why not a hybrid that takes advantage of both and add a running dimension for Kaepernick? If you have a stronger arm and more willing to throw deep QB, why the hell not take the high percentage, high YAC, time consuming drives (resting defense) with opportunistic shots that your QB both is physically able to do and willing? It seems stupid to do what we're doing with our oline injuries.

When the oline gets healthy and gels, then switch if that's your preference.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL! Your definition of "great" might need a little work.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not that good, but he's not that bad either. With Alex Smith, the offense was more centered around elevating him and playing to his strengths. This offense is not designed that way and as such, Kap has struggled. Kap should not be relied upon to throw 15-20 yard routes consistently. He's got the arm, but that doesn't mean you should just be flinging the ball all over the field. He still makes some poor choices.

All this can be helped by the use of screens or emphasizing more check downs. The main goal is getting down the field, not how it happens. We need to have an efficient offense, not a dynamic one.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not that good, but he's not that bad either. With Alex Smith, the offense was more centered around elevating him and playing to his strengths. This offense is not designed that way and as such, Kap has struggled. Kap should not be relied upon to throw 15-20 yard routes consistently. He's got the arm, but that doesn't mean you should just be flinging the ball all over the field. He still makes some poor choices.

All this can be helped by the use of screens or emphasizing more check downs. The main goal is getting down the field, not how it happens. We need to have an efficient offense, not a dynamic one.

Yesterday he couldn't even throw 1 yard passes accurately down at the goal line at the end of the game. Otherwise Crabtree doesn't have to do a cheetah flip to ctach that pass and he scores.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday he couldn't even throw 1 yard passes accurately down at the goal line at the end of the game. Otherwise Crabtree doesn't have to do a cheetah flip to ctach that pass and he scores.
You might be commenting about something I missed but the 9ers didn't play yesterday. Quick question here. Are you a 9ers fan?

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You might be commenting about something I missed but the 9ers didn't play yesterday. Quick question here. Are you a 9ers fan?

He was obviously commenting on the last pass to Crabtree and just made a mistake on the day but more importantly, I am just wondering out of curiosity, what is the connection of his comment to asking him whether he is a 49er fan or not?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was obviously commenting on the last pass to Crabtree and just made a mistake on the day but more importantly, I am just wondering out of curiosity, what is the connection of his comment to asking him whether he is a 49er fan or not?
Just curious why a Bills fan who is a new poster is posting here so much. I've seen many posters who have two teams that they like so it''s no big deal really.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I first saw the title of this thread all it said was "Everyone needs to chill and get off..."

And I thought to myself....."you sick sumbitch"

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he walk around wearing a Dolphin's hat one time? That's poor judgement and Novorro Bowman even called him out on it. It's tough to claim a QB is "dedicated to his team" when he's wearing another teams gear on his days off.

That aside, I think Kaep is one of the better young QB's playing today. He can hurt teams a few different ways and his escapability makes him very dangerous at all times. From an outsider standpoint I think his glaring weakness is his lack of touch on the ball. Can he throw a touch pass? Yes. Does he do it often? Hell no. If he didn't try to throw 90 MPH fastballs almost every single time I think he might be far more effective. I've seen Kaep whip a heater at a receiver only 4 or 5 yards away that was standing uncovered. No need to do that there and lots of those get dropped as a result. Its a coachable problem though, just like how he is going through his reads better than a year ago was coachable. Just my opinion.

Overall, Kaep is doing fine. His biggest problem might be his throwing mechanics, and unfortunately, it could be something that just isn't fixable (Exhibit "A": Tim Tebow). Of course, he's better than Tebow, but they're similar in that they both have throwing mechanics that they're apparently stuck with.

Kaepernick's got a little bit of a windup in his delivery. It gives his throws great power, hence the 90 MPH fastballs, but it also gives the defense a split second longer to react and the complexity of the motion could make it harder for him to be accurate on a consistent basis. Perhaps his throwing motion also makes it harder for him to throw touch passes. This is all just guesswork on my part, I know.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is better then most

Genus49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, Kaep is doing fine. His biggest problem might be his throwing mechanics, and unfortunately, it could be something that just isn't fixable (Exhibit "A": Tim Tebow). Of course, he's better than Tebow, but they're similar in that they both have throwing mechanics that they're apparently stuck with.

Kaepernick's got a little bit of a windup in his delivery. It gives his throws great power, hence the 90 MPH fastballs, but it also gives the defense a split second longer to react and the complexity of the motion could make it harder for him to be accurate on a consistent basis. Perhaps his throwing motion also makes it harder for him to throw touch passes. This is all just guesswork on my part, I know.

That's not exactly true. He does have a bit of a windup but the ball travels faster. Essentially the speed of the ball makes up for the slower windup.

Of course the downside of that is for those high velocity passes you need guys who can catch the ball well.

Also it's up to the coaches to work on mechanics with a QB. Harbaugh and Roman said they were not going to change anything he does so tough to blame a kid for throwing the way he's thrown his whole life.

What he needs to improve on is looking defenders away before he makes his throws so they can't jump on his routes with ease.

Genus49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only a Seahawks fan would think wearing another teams hat during the offseason at the beach indicates a guy isn't dedicated to his team. Also I'm pretty sure Bowman didn't "call him out on it".

I'm sure the team sees a guy who comes in early and stays late to bust his ass. They'll forgive him wearing a stupid hat in the offseason.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a Seahawks fan would think wearing another teams hat during the offseason at the beach indicates a guy isn't dedicated to his team. Also I'm pretty sure Bowman didn't "call him out on it".

I'm sure the team sees a guy who comes in early and stays late to bust his ass. They'll forgive him wearing a stupid hat in the offseason.

"Kaepernick might learn the criticism of his fashion choices extends beyond social media circles when he arrives at Niners training camp this month. Teammate NaVorro Bowman didn't sugarcoat it when asked about hatgate during a Tuesday appearance on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access."

"This is a huge mistake by Kaep," Bowman said. "I'm sure he understands that now."