• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EAGLES VS DALLAS GAME THREAD

G

greenwing

Rey, I don't have an issue with not trying a FG. If Sturgis misses, the Girls get the ball around mid-field. I have a hunch that Howie will get another WR by tomorrow. Or, perhaps activate Treggs.

I wouldn't mind seeing Paul Turner on the field. The kid catches the ball.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind the context of that play -- there was a dropped snap, Wentz looked up and got rid of the ball as quickly as he could. Is the dropped snap on Pederson? Is the decision to throw it to Sproles on Pederson? I don't know who the play was designed for but it seems it got screwed up on the dropped snap.

Really good points NYE!!

I just went and watched the play....a quick snipet (it was actually 3rd and 8....not 3rd and 4 as I was thinking).

As I look at the play.....well.....it sure doesn't look like a rushed blitz read. There was no blitz pressure. This looks like it was the play called and not Sproles as the outlet that Wentz panicked to. We wanted to get Sproles in some space. Maybe when the snap was not so great and Wentz bobbled it he panicked a little and rushed the play a little later than he needed to.

Either way......the Cowboys LB that knifed in free (Lee?) was on Sproles on a heart beat and would have likely stayed with him. The bobble did not help....but it sure looks like the throw to Sproles was the play call. Maybe without the bobbled snap Wentz sees the LB coming in and goes to his second progression.

Ultimately that is execution....and Doug owns that too. However, it is silly to think there is only one option on any WCO play. There are always options and they need to be executed on.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also keep in mind -- Kelce got burnt by his man on that play which allowed the throw to Sproles to be blown up.

It is an interesting point. At first I did not see him getting burnt as the LB that made the play was WAY off of where Kelce was at the snap. But then I remembered two things.....

1. Kelce was always praised for being all over the field getting blocks
2. After the snap Kelce turns north and looks back at QB (probably since the snap was bad and he feared it fumbled). Then he adjusts and hauls ass after the LB....just too late.​

I mentioned in another thread that Petersen was perhaps not being conservative enough.....he wanted those 8 yards and the first down. And well he should. If we gain nothing on that play and Sturgis does miss a 45+ yarder....leading to the loss like we saw.....we would be roasting him for being too conservative and not trying to get closer. Damned if you do.....

The more I look at this play it was less about the play call and more about the execution....mainly the bobbled snap and missed block....both of which are on Kelce. The Center position needs to change before the next game.

It is past time for this.

Here are the highlights....the play is at 4:29.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The backwards pass cost them the game. I think this is quite possibly the worst unit of WRs I've ever seen. They are absolutely pathetic. These guys make Chris T Jones look like a HOF candidate. Very very very frustrating.

how fast we forget about Stinkston and Trash.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how fast we forget about Stinkston and Trash.
Lol.....this!! Next to those two Matthews, Nelson and DGB look like studs. Not that I ever wished for our receiving corp to ever be so bad that Stinkston and Trash come into the convo.

Good news is history already taught us the WCO needs skilled receivers. No one will let Doug pull an Andy and say the WCO does not demand elite receivers.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
helluva game last night 2 teams with different needs Philly needs pieces around wentz and Dallas Needs defensive pieces will be fun to watch the next few years

Till next time but this time the Boys pulled one out