• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EAGLES VS DALLAS GAME THREAD

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the eagles have one of the top defense/special teams units in the league. the offense, despite the mediocre receiver setup, is still middle of pack quality.

acting like they are playing over their heads or they are just an "OK" team is idiotic. they whipped the steelers after handling the browns and bears.. choked the game away in detroit because pederson can't comprehend mathews is fumble risk late (certainly not an easy road game).. lost a close division game to a redskins team who has their number.. beat the undefeated vikings by double digits and had the cowboys beat on the road.

they should be 6-1. pederson is the only one underperforming and fucking this team.

They're good, not great.

The special teams were a wash tonight because of the fake punt.

I think what lost it tonight was a bad coin toss call of heads. Thats just fucking stupid... tails never fails.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game all. Your D is legit, and Wentz looks like he has a great future in front of him.
Three plays changed the game. T Williams OPI in the End Zone, the fake punt, and the backward pass when the Eagles were in FG range.
Before the season started I had it Dallas, NY, Philly, Skids, most said I was nuts, but Philly's showing they can and will play.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway....back to the game.

Dak Prescot is not the QB Wentz is. Yes he made plays at the end.....off of broken plays. He was lucky he did not throw 4 interceptions.

The Eagles have zero weapons on offense. Wentz took what was given to him but no secondary in the NFL will respect our receivers.
Maybe, maybe not, we just don't know just yet. Wentz played better tonight but he wasn't facing the Eagles D.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway....back to the game.

Dak Prescot is not the QB Wentz is. Yes he made plays at the end.....off of broken plays. He was lucky he did not throw 4 interceptions.

The Eagles have zero weapons on offense. Wentz took what was given to him but no secondary in the NFL will respect our receivers.
Dak isn't the prototype that Wentz is, he doesn't have the quick release he does. That said, I think he will be every bit as good as Wentz for his entire career. Dak has more weapons, but he was facing a stronger defense too. Wentz looks like a young Big Ben, Dak looks like a bigger Russell Wilson, intangibles, mobility a strong arm, clutch. Both teams have found their guy.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, maybe not, we just don't know just yet. Wentz played better tonight but he wasn't facing the Eagles D.

Agreed and I may have been a little harsh in my assessment. The Eagles D did play well but I thought and expected Dak to play better because he had good weapons. That may have been unfair. Even the best QB's will struggle against a good defense.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed and I may have been a little harsh in my assessment. The Eagles D did play well but I thought and expected Dak to play better because he had good weapons. That may have been unfair. Even the best QB's will struggle against a good defense.
It's too early to tell, now while I graded on a curve because Dak faced Philly's D, I have to also take credit away from him because in 2016 Dak has better Offensive talent around him. Both fan bases have to be happy with them. As a Cowboys fan I hope Wentz never gets a stacked O.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one was hard to take ... Pederson calling a backwards pass and screwing up a very makeable FG that would have put us up 2 scores late was UNFORGIVABLE. Especially when you have a kicker like Sturgis who has been money all year! Then to put in a cold Smallwood late in a situation where ball security is imperative was also a huge mistake ... you don't deviate from Sproles at that point in the game!

The WR position HAS to be addressed this off season ... 6 out of 11 incompletions were drops! Wentz was on the money all night and our WR's can't seem to hold on; incredibly frustrating. And the only guy on the team who can get separation is DGB ... Matthews is so average it hurts and Agholor can't shake a turtle. Gotta get Wentz a playmaker of Offense.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one was hard to take ... Pederson calling a backwards pass and screwing up a very makeable FG that would have put us up 2 scores late was UNFORGIVABLE. Especially when you have a kicker like Sturgis who has been money all year! Then to put in a cold Smallwood late in a situation where ball security is imperative was also a huge mistake ... you don't deviate from Sproles at that point in the game!

The WR position HAS to be addressed this off season ... 6 out of 11 incompletions were drops! Wentz was on the money all night and our WR's can't seem to hold on; incredibly frustrating. And the only guy on the team who can get separation is DGB ... Matthews is so average it hurts and Agholor can't shake a turtle. Gotta get Wentz a playmaker of Offense.

The backwards pass cost them the game. I think this is quite possibly the worst unit of WRs I've ever seen. They are absolutely pathetic. These guys make Chris T Jones look like a HOF candidate. Very very very frustrating.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles D looked lost the 1st Quarter.
Our WR's can't seem to go deep and catch the ball all of Wentz passes were medium to short passes.
Doug made some errors in his coaching calls.

Dallas, looked dam good. Thanks to their OL they will be successful giving Dak time to get the ball out.

Where was... Cox, and Ertz?

We need better WRs for Wentz... he can make the passes he just needs some one to catch em.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our WR's can't seem to go deep and catch the ball all of Wentz passes were medium to short passes.

Dallas, looked dam good. Thanks to their OL they will be successful giving Dak time to get the ball out.

We need better WRs for Wentz... he can make the passes he just needs some one to catch em.

I think Howie may get one by tomorrow. If not, then at least activate Treggs, to see if he can play.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rey, I don't have an issue with not trying a FG. If Sturgis misses, the Girls get the ball around mid-field. I have a hunch that Howie will get another WR by tomorrow. Or, perhaps activate Treggs.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't think Dallas looked very good at all. But the scary part is that they still managed to score 29 and win the game despite not looking all that great.

Other than that, I agree with most of your other commentary. I still have some hope for DGB but I don't think he'll ever be as surehanded as you like a guy his size to be.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey, I don't have an issue with not trying a FG. If Sturgis misses, the Girls get the ball around mid-field. I have a hunch that Howie will get another WR by tomorrow. Or, perhaps activate Treggs.

I don't have the problem with not trying the FG after losing the yardage ... I have a problem with calling a play that took us out of FG range. You simply can't call a play at that point that prevents you from going up 2 scores. If we didn't gain a yard on that play it would have been I think a 47 yarder which would have been very makeable for Sturgis.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have the problem with not trying the FG after losing the yardage ... I have a problem with calling a play that took us out of FG range. You simply can't call a play at that point that prevents you from going up 2 scores. If we didn't gain a yard on that play it would have been I think a 47 yarder which would have been very makeable for Sturgis.

Maybe the better way to say it....don't call a play that will leave you from "for sure going for the FG" to "should we punt here?" That is what it was. At 45-47 yards you have to try it. At 54 yards you have a choice. I would have still given Sturgis the shot, the fact was that stupid play call on 3rd down made all of that cascade.

I saw comment from Petersen about how "if we had executed that third down play we would have gotten the first". Ummmm....you can say that about every play. I hope another coach, or even player (hell I would even take wife or son/daughter....someone) has a chance to call that out to Petersen. That was a play that could have gotten first down yardage and more. Could have. But a lot of things had to happen right to execute it.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the better way to say it....don't call a play that will leave you from "for sure going for the FG" to "should we punt here?" That is what it was. At 45-47 yards you have to try it. At 54 yards you have a choice. I would have still given Sturgis the shot, the fact was that stupid play call on 3rd down made all of that cascade.

I saw comment from Petersen about how "if we had executed that third down play we would have gotten the first". Ummmm....you can say that about every play. I hope another coach, or even player (hell I would even take wife or son/daughter....someone) has a chance to call that out to Petersen. That was a play that could have gotten first down yardage and more. Could have. But a lot of things had to happen right to execute it.

Keep in mind the context of that play -- there was a dropped snap, Wentz looked up and got rid of the ball as quickly as he could. Is the dropped snap on Pederson? Is the decision to throw it to Sproles on Pederson? I don't know who the play was designed for but it seems it got screwed up on the dropped snap.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind the context of that play -- there was a dropped snap, Wentz looked up and got rid of the ball as quickly as he could. Is the dropped snap on Pederson? Is the decision to throw it to Sproles on Pederson? I don't know who the play was designed for but it seems it got screwed up on the dropped snap.

Also keep in mind -- Kelce got burnt by his man on that play which allowed the throw to Sproles to be blown up.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: