• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles post game

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going for two is playing with house money.
We were supposed to lose, and would have been a supreme confidence booster if they had punched it in for the win.

I would have back shouldered a throw to Scary Terry with the game on the line. Wanna throw deep to AJ Brown for what you thought was the winning score? Fuck that! We got Scary Terry for the win against your bullshit secondary.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, to me the situation was different. It was like he had already made up his mind before they scored against the Giants. He was scared today though. Saying the fellas were gassed was just an excuse imo. That said. I wasn't against kicking the XP n taking it to OT. I was relatively surprised that it was a 60 minute game to begin with. No doubt the Eagles wanted some get back fir last year, but the offense played like it didn't give a shit.

The biggest reason I would've preferred going for 2 today. Had to do with the offense getting it done more often than not today. Whereas the defense was more hot dog shit. I liked the offense's chances n didn't wanna see the game dependent on the defense.

We should've traded Payne last year and/or Chase. Though that would've been a much harder sell. The Skins need serious help on the OL n better LB Play.
I think three of the sacks were six man pressures, they need to find a way to fix that. Another sack was Sam tripping over Leno's foot when he tried to take off. Still the OLine needs to be improved.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reverse is if they went for two and missed he would have got killed for that too.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his guys were gassed, wouldn’t the defense be gassed?
He was fakin the funk. He was either scared n/or still has more confidence in the Skins suspect defense.

The offense needs to be more consistent from week to week.

Go get n work out some OL, Ron. Not some guy who's an average OT on his best day, but can fill in as a shitty OG if needed. Stop drafting college OTs who can't play OT in the NFL. Hire an OL coach who can coach a player up. When was the last time a Skins OL coach did that

And every year some beat writer writes some shit about Hudson like all he needs is yadda yards yadda. And every year

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me wants to be proud of this team, but in reality, I'm frustrated. It feels like we gave away a game.

I knew this team would respond. Most teams take on the personality of their coach.

If they can find a way to give EB an offensive line, watch out.

Not sure if it's the players, the coaching, the scheme, or all of it, but are we really going to have to score 30 to win a ballgame this year if we aren't playing Josh Dobbs?

At the moment I feel comfortable passing on QB in the draft. Howell showed he has a short memory. In his fifth start he goes into one of the most hostile venues in all of sports and balls out.

It was nice to see the receivers get involved. Dyami is making real strides. McLaurin owns Slay.

AG is a good football player.

Wylie allowed a sack and penalty in two straight plays. Drive killer. He had his best game of the season and still cost us. Line wasn't bad today, though.

I love me some Cole Turner, but honestly, Logan is the best TE on the roster, and it's not close.

I'm not mad at the d line. Lane got the best of Sweat, but he had help. Chase got a sack, and the line as a whole held Hurts and their run game in check.

I hate that he missed the tackle, but I really like Davis. They played him at MLB his rookie year. Thats on JDR. Davis should get better each week in his current role.

Forbes...........damn. It's his turn to bounce back next week. He got torched today by a really good receiver and his play contributed to the loss. Gonzo got hurt today but all reports are that he's been lights out. If you were against the pick now is the time to puff your chest out.

Slye has been good....no jinx. Cheesman has calmed down. Tress gets some blame pie today.

I love how EB rolled the pocket and went quick game early. I think that opened things up for us later.

Dont know what we have in Mathis and Quan but two #2s could have been spent on this line and currently those guys have spent their entire Skins tenure in the training room. We'll see.

Sorry for the lengh. If you are still reading this thank you. One game at a time but they have to find a way to get to 5-2.

BTW, I was begging Ron to kick the XP.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Tress fan but can't believe anyone has said that 30 yard punt in OT hurt.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think three of the sacks were six man pressures, they need to find a way to fix that. Another sack was Sam tripping over Leno's foot when he tried to take off. Still the OLine needs to be improved.
RR values Swiss army knife types (guys who can play multiple positions) too much. Now if the Skins could land a knife was was top 15 or 20 as an OT n a decent OG. That'd be one thing.

I can't recall who said they hope RR is moved into an office gig next year. I know you said you're hopeful RR isnt coaching next year. I'm hopeful he's not GM anymore either. If those hopes become reality. I think RR is as good as gone. He's not a paperwork, taking meetings all day kinda guy. If he's not working with team personnel in some capacity he'll be gone imo.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a nice scheme n if the Skins haven't seen it before. Then all you can do is tip your cap to Eagle coaches n player.

If the Eagles came up with 3 sacks using the same or similar scheme. That's a little harder too dismiss.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reverse is if they went for two and missed he would have got killed for that too.
I think it would've depended on the type or play they ran.

At least it would've to me. You're probably on point though

I don't really blame him though. I simply didn't wanna see the Skins defense on the field again. And I thought the offense had good ol' Mo on their side after the Howell to Dotson connection

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR values Swiss army knife types (guys who can play multiple positions) too much. Now if the Skins could land a knife was was top 15 or 20 as an OT n a decent OG. That'd be one thing.

I can't recall who said they hope RR is moved into an office gig next year. I know you said you're hopeful RR isnt coaching next year. I'm hopeful he's not GM anymore either. If those hopes become reality. I think RR is as good as gone. He's not a paperwork, taking meetings all day kinda guy. If he's not working with team personnel in some capacity he'll be gone imo.
Excellent point breed...just excellent.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that Terry Mac catch that was ruled out of bounds. TM's right foot, the one ruled out of bounds. Originally lands on dude's forearm which was well inbounds. Shouldn't make it a pass caught inbounds?

Sigh. In some ways losing like the Skins did today. Is worse than how they lost to Buffalo.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has plays that don't go there way ... that is football

Cali's post about offside on 4th and 1 as spot on .... can't remember if I noticed it in real time or replay but the guard went early.

The McLaurin play was close, if he didn't step on the guys forearm it is good for sure ... bad luck.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The carrot i took away today was what Ron said postgame. If you follow this teams closely you heard little snippets here and there that EB was unhappy with Forbes footwork and technique.

Then Ron says postgame that Forbes will be okay if he plays the way we coach him. (Paraphrasing)

Something to keep an eye on.