• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Free Agency & Draft 2020

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some late stuff I'm hearing from a friend who actually has NFL connections (unlike myself who has none other than him ... lol) and knows way more than I do. I pick his brain every year right before the draft; he's picked quite a few Eagles 1st rounders in recent years (Bunkley, Brandon Graham and Agholor to name a few) ... a ton of misinformation out there right now, but it's fun to speculate anyways. I'll post some stuff relevant to the Eagles in one way or another.

** WR Justin Jefferson higher than the 4th rated receiver on quite a few boards.
** Jalen Reagor high on the New Orleans saints board (they pick at 24)
** A lot of teams looking to trade down this year ... many actually looking for future picks instead of picks in 2020 due to the uncertainty of the off season this year with COVID 19.
** Don't discount OT for the Eagles at 21 as they have nothing to backup either the Left or Right side and there are still questions about Dillard's ability against the bull rush.
** Rasul Douglas may facilitate a trade up for a receiver in Rd 2 if the Eagles go a different route in Rd 1.
** Eagles have a man crush on KJ Hamler. Even if they go WR in Rd 1, they can easily double dip in Rd 2 for Hamler. I think most of us already know about this one.
** Watch out for big Safety's who may be able to transition to LB hybrid. True old fashioned LB'ers seem to be getting phased out with teams like the Chiefs and being replaced with tweener Safety's who can chase and cover. That seems to eliminate Kenneth Murray from the Eagles board. Patrick Queen however gets a bump as he fits more of what the Eagles look for in coverage.

We chatted about a lot more ... but I've had a few and can't remember everything right now :)
Reagor better not go to the Saints. I hate the Saints.

If we trade up for Jefferson ahhhhh!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we draft Austin Jackson and Kj Hamler I'm gonna lose it.

Very unlikely that the Birds reach for an OT in Rd 1 ... Wills, Wirfs and Thomas are the consensus top 3, but if somehow Josh Jones sneaks ahead of Mekhi Becton and Becton somehow falls in our lap at 21, you would see him in Eagle Green. That being said, it's extremely unlikely as a run on OL will likely happen early. There's a good chance 5 OT's go prior to our pick which bodes well for one of the top 4 receivers to at least fall past the Cowpies at 17. Miami is fully expected to trade up to 3, but if they keep the #18 pick ... it's a spot where we may do a slight trade up to assure one of those top 4 receivers.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very unlikely that the Birds reach for an OT in Rd 1 ... Wills, Wirfs and Thomas are the consensus top 3, but if somehow Josh Jones sneaks ahead of Mekhi Becton and Becton somehow falls in our lap at 21, you would see him in Eagle Green. That being said, it's extremely unlikely as a run on OL will likely happen early. There's a good chance 5 OT's go prior to our pick which bodes well for one of the top 4 receivers to at least fall past the Cowpies at 17. Miami is fully expected to trade up to 3, but if they keep the #18 pick ... it's a spot where we may do a slight trade up to assure one of those top 4 receivers.
Becton is a monster. I would take him at 21. The things Pederson and Sanders could do with that kind of size and length on the Oline.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the tea leaves and rumors are correct then the Eagles are going to get jumped for Jefferson. If that happens I think you might see a trade down. Lots of wild trade rumors ou there including Patriots wanting to trade up for Tua.
They don't have to get jumped. Jets, Raiders, SF, Denver, Miami could all take receivers in front of us. Then you're left with deciding to trade back a little because GB and Minny could use receivers as well. You almost have to take a wr at 21 otherwise you could be into the third tier of names by the middle of the second.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't have to get jumped. Jets, Raiders, SF, Denver, Miami could all take receivers in front of us. Then you're left with deciding to trade back a little because GB and Minny could use receivers as well. You almost have to take a wr at 21 otherwise you could be into the third tier of names by the middle of the second.

Yeah, it's a very risky game if you skip WR in Rd 1 ... if they do I fully expect them to trade up from their Rd 2 spot at 53 to get one in the early 2nd. I can't see them waiting at 53 while WR's fly off the board ahead of them. They are in that no man's land at 21 as the top 4 receivers could be gone and there isn't that much difference between the next 4-5. Staying put at 21 to pick receiver may not be great value if a receiver picked 10-12 spots later is the same talent-wise. That's why I think the best decision if the top 4 are gone is to trade down.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Becton is a monster. I would take him at 21. The things Pederson and Sanders could do with that kind of size and length on the Oline.

Yes, he is a monster. He is very physical, something that Dillard is not. Dillard is just a finesse blocker, which is ok, but he needs to get stronger. Becton is scary ferocious. If we get him, he could learn to play RT, and LT, and someday to replace Lane. If Dillard struggles again this year, he is a candidate to be moved.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to trade up, either high to get one Lamb or Ruggs, or to make sure we still get Jefferson or Jeudy. More and more I'm liking Jefferson a lot. I thought that he was well below the other 3, but when I think of how productive he is, that settles it in my mind. I rank above Jeudy.

EAGLES!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor mill ... the Ravens at Pick 28 are looking to assure LB Patrick Queen in the draft. The Ravens brass and the Eagles brass have a great working relationship. There's no given that Queen makes it to 28. Swap 21 for 28 and a 3rd. The Ravens have 2 2nd rounders and 2 3rd rounders ... so giving up one of their 2 3rds will not hurt them at all.

This would be perfect. We don't fall too far back and can still grab Aiyuk, Reagor, or Mims.....whoever is left at 28.
Then use that extra pick to trade up in the 2nd and grab Higgins

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to trade up, either high to get one Lamb or Ruggs, or to make sure we still get Jefferson or Jeudy. More and more I'm liking Jefferson a lot. I thought that he was well below the other 3, but when I think of how productive he is, that settles it in my mind. I rank above Jeudy.

I've been a big fan of Jefferson. Yes, he's played primarily in the slot, however, he runs a full route tree and is a sharp route runner with incredible body control, catch radius and contested catch ability. I honestly don't see a huge difference between he and CD Lamb. Lamb has produced from the outside, but due to their spread system was rarely pressed and didn't really face great Corner play all year. I would still take Lamb ahead of him, but I would be very happy with Jefferson if we end up with him.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a big fan of Jefferson. Yes, he's played primarily in the slot, however, he runs a full route tree and is a sharp route runner with incredible body control, catch radius and contested catch ability. I honestly don't see a huge difference between he and CD Lamb. Lamb has produced from the outside, but due to their spread system was rarely pressed and didn't really face great Corner play all year. I would still take Lamb ahead of him, but I would be very happy with Jefferson if we end up with him.

Yes, and I think their speed is very similar, if I'm not mistaken. As a second WR, I wouldn't mind Higgins, as he is a solid receiver who can be a good possession receiver. Just doesn't posses a lot of speed. I see a comparison to Jeffrey.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fly Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great college player that did a lot of things well, but ultimately wasn't athletic enough to warrant such a high pick = Marcus Smith = Justin Jefferson.

I remember we (here on the site) were talking about Marcus Smith as a potential 2nd or 3rd rounder ... The Eagles may have been the only team to have a 1st round grade on him. Here's the NFL.com profile on him after the Combine. Projected Rd 3 or 4. Jefferson's been a 1st rounder all the way after Indy ... even before the Combine he was a late 1st / early 2nd round prospect. The Combine likely helped him rise some "spots", but Marcus Smith jumped like 2-3 rounds from his projection.

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Marcus Smith

EAGLES!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bit of a stretch. Jefferson is not my favourite either but I wouldn't freak out if we take him at 21 as long as we get a burner ( like Hamler) in the 2nd round

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be thrilled to get Jefferson, especially if we didn't have to move way up to get him. That being said, I think he will be the second WR off the board.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still afraid of what Howie might do.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not want Hamler. I realize he's your hometown favorite from PSU, but he doesn't have great hands.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be thrilled to get Jefferson, especially if we didn't have to move way up to get him. That being said, I think he will be the second WR off the board.

:agree: 100%. Lamb, and then Jefferson are the way I now rank them. If they are not there, just take the BPA, and make moves to get a fast WR in the 2nd, and 3rd.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not want Hamler. I realize he's your hometown favorite from PSU, but he doesn't have great hands.

He had good hands, and I think his drops are a little overrated. He didn't exactly have great passers throwing to him. If he's our 2nd pick in this draft, I'm OK. His speed and quickness are elite.