• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diggs sounds like an excellent trade target for the Chiefs going into 2024 season
We thought they'd add a significant wide receiver last year too, and the year before, yet here they are in the freaking Super Bowl again not adding anybody other than through the draft. If they win Sunday, they will be 2 for 2 in Super Bowls after letting Tyreek walk. Not exactly the way to get a team to change their philosophy. Maybe Andy Reid is just bored and wants some degree of difficulty in his seasons now.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to post the trade between Bandit and I.

Soggy gets Stephon Diggs and BS Tigercanes 3.8 and 4.5 rounders.

BS Tigercanes gets Isiah Pacheco.

A pleasure, @Bandit. I hope. :suds: :suds: :suds:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@...oh, forget it, I'm sending a boatload of offers today! ;)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We thought they'd add a significant wide receiver last year too, and the year before, yet here they are in the freaking Super Bowl again not adding anybody other than through the draft. If they win Sunday, they will be 2 for 2 in Super Bowls after letting Tyreek walk. Not exactly the way to get a team to change their philosophy. Maybe Andy Reid is just bored and wants some degree of difficulty in his seasons now.
well the year before they did add JuJu, who while not a 'big name' or 'stud', certainly a better than average NFL caliber WR.

Dunno WTF they were thinking when they didn't get anyone, other than R. Rice this year, but the offense certainly suffered. Win or lose this Sunday, I don't see Andy taking that chance again. Unless of course, Rice has taken that step, or they feel he is that guy. Personally I haven't seen enough to say, yeah, that guy is a #1 WR.
That and Kelce is just getting older, 34, will be 35 by mid season '24..he can't be the go to for much longer. Honestly wouldn't surprise me at all to hear him retire after the SB..especially if they win.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the year before they did add JuJu, who while not a 'big name' or 'stud', certainly a better than average NFL caliber WR.

Dunno WTF they were thinking when they didn't get anyone, other than R. Rice this year, but the offense certainly suffered. Win or lose this Sunday, I don't see Andy taking that chance again. Unless of course, Rice has taken that step, or they feel he is that guy. Personally I haven't seen enough to say, yeah, that guy is a #1 WR.
That and Kelce is just getting older, 34, will be 35 by mid season '24..he can't be the go to for much longer. Honestly wouldn't surprise me at all to hear him retire after the SB..especially if they win.

Of course this is all speculation, but your comments are spot on. Diggs as a #1 and Rashee as a #2 with Mahomes steering the wheel would be HUGE.

And yeah, I agree about Kelce. Dunno if he retires that soon, but It's coming.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diggs sounds like an excellent trade target for the Chiefs going into 2024 season
I think it all depends on how Andy feels about the guy fitting in with his culture. When you let a guy (talent-wise) like Treek move on, it's certainly food for thought. Not saying Treek didn't, in his case it was probably more salary related - but Diggs is going on 31 and he's gonna want a big payday no matter what happens (it's likely his last chance to cash in).
Now I'm not arguing they need a 'go to guy', maybe he thinks they have him already (Kelce for now), who knows ? We don't know if Rice will blossom or be just good enough for now - but we certainly do know who it isn't (Skyy, Toney, Watson, MVS).
One thing for certain, we know Andy's no fool and between him and Mahomes, a 'good WR' only gets better - getting to great is up to him. The looming Kelce hole is huge though and it's not gonna be remotely easy to fill.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I guess that's true @HaroldSeattle - the Chiefs would likely have to absorb it though wouldn't they ?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I guess that's true @HaroldSeattle - the Chiefs would likely have to absorb it though wouldn't they ?
The bonus part would be paid by the Bills leaving the 18 million for the Chiefs to pay and the Chiefs could trade or cut him in 2025 or 2026 without cost.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bonus part would be paid by the Bills leaving the 18 million for the Chiefs to pay and the Chiefs could trade or cut him in 2025 or 2026 without cost.
Interesting the way contracts go in the NFL - - move money, eat money, and save money on the books to stay within the cap. Also, long-term isn't really long-term (as it would mean to us common folks). .......