• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Value for #1 pick

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just went back and looked at the initial draft. Early pick on Akers may have been my highlight
The Swift pick was mine and now you have him

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize Hall had better college numbers right and when he was on the field last year he looked damn good. Add in Garrett Wilson hard to pass up. Wilson could be a top 5 WR
Guess I'm nervous about Breece coming back from injury and their interest with Cook. I do love Wilson, but top backs are the rarest.

Bijan was a top 10 pick after his college career. Breece wasn't.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he is loaded. He made some lopsided trades last year. His roster was not that stacked halfway through the first year of his league.
For example. He got CMac for a TE.

I would rather draft Bijan and rebuild. 3 Falcons isn’t ideal but if I wanted I can flip Pitts or London and get a lot

If someone offered you McCaffrey for Dallas Goedert you'd say no? Remember the person who traded McCaffrey was 5 - 2 at the time and ended up in the Championship game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Garrett Wilson, Clyde Edwards-Helaire & a 2023 2nd for Dalvin Cook was made October 23rd.

Wilson at the time of the trade.
7 games 28 receptions 314 yards 2 td's

The team trading for Cook was tied for first at the time and needed a running back. Not a lopsided trade.

Jonathan Taylor & George Kittle for Chase Edmonds, Irv Smith 2023 1st, 2023 2nd, 2023 4th was made October 25th.

The guy trading Taylor was 2 - 5 Taylor had just missed a couple games and aside from a great week 1 hadn't done much.

You just had the chance to trade for Taylor and chose not to. I do agree though the person getting Taylor won the trade but getting Taylor isn't the reason he won the Championship, Taylor didn't even play in the fantasy playoffs.

Chris Godwin & Rashard Higgins for Brandon Aiyuk, Alexander Mattison & a 2023 5th

This trade is with you, lopsided? Nah, you probably won this one.

Dalvin Cook for Jerry Jeudy, Brandon Jones & a 2023 3rd

IMO this one isn't lopsided but I guess it could be.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone offered you McCaffrey for Dallas Goedert you'd say no? Remember the person who traded McCaffrey was 5 - 2 at the time and ended up in the Championship game.

Garrett Wilson, Clyde Edwards-Helaire & a 2023 2nd for Dalvin Cook was made October 23rd.

The team trading for Cook was tied for first at the time and needed a running back. Not a lopsided trade.

Jonathan Taylor & George Kittle for Chase Edmonds, Irv Smith 2023 1st, 2023 2nd, 2023 4th was made October 25th.

The guy trading Taylor was 2 - 5 Taylor had just missed a couple games and aside from a great week 1 hadn't done much.

You just had the chance to trade for Taylor and chose not to. I do agree though the person getting Taylor won the trade but getting Taylor isn't the reason he won the Championship, Taylor didn't even play in the fantasy playoffs.

Chris Godwin & Rashard Higgins for Brandon Aiyuk, Alexander Mattison & a 2023 5th

Does all this mean that I called Nos a poser earlier? Hahaha. :suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I'm nervous about Breece coming back from injury and their interest with Cook. I do love Wilson, but top backs are the rarest.

Bijan was a top 10 pick after his college career. Breece wasn't.
I could care less about where a player was drafted bc every draft is different. That being said, Breece was just as great of a college player if not better. The injury is an issue but the kid is a freak regardless.

I believe Bijan will be successful but all this crazy hype makes me think back to Trent Richardson

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last one was me, and it was great for me. I was already well into last place. Going into the new year Jeudy is a solid piece for me and Cook is looking for a team.

Seeing everything you got for Cook layer makes it look worse, but I am not going to judge a trade that worked out for me because a guy later made a bad trade.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have no problem taking Cmac on my team if possible. if I was guaranteed 2 years of badassness on a team who will use the shit out of him. I'd be sold!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less about where a player was drafted bc every draft is different. That being said, Breece was just as great of a college player if not better. The injury is an issue but the kid is a freak regardless.

I believe Bijan will be successful but all this crazy hype makes me think back to Trent Richardson
Well if that's what you think about bijan then you got a good deal

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have no problem taking Cmac on my team if possible. if I was guaranteed 2 years of badassness on a team who will use the shit out of him. I'd be sold!
It was definitely a tough choice. He could very well stay elite for 2-3 years or he could have one injury and he is done. The Jets acquiring Rodgers was a big move. Helps Wilson definitely

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if that's what you think about bijan then you got a good deal
I just said I think he will be successful. Less about him, more about what I was getting in return.

I mean if Wilson is a top 10 WR and Bijan is a top 10 RB that means Hall would have to do nothing or be injured. Plus both are young players. CMac will be certainly better the next couple years but how long will he last?
We will see. I could be crying in one or two years

Funny thing is his team could still win it all if Bijan does nothing. Mine is still not there

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No guarantee he stays healthy for those 2 seasons though.

He has had quite the injury history.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but honestly.
That is every RB.
I would have no problem taking Cmac.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You ain't wrong, but CMAC's injuries don't include a single severe injury. Nothing but minor-mid level sprains and strains. No ACL/MCL tears, no ruptured tendons, no muscles torn of the bone. No surgeries.

Typical stuff that virtually every RB has, and generally, not things that are high in re-occurrance, outside of the strained hammy. I wouldn't say he's any higher of an injury risk than any other RB.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ain't wrong, but CMAC's injuries don't include a single severe injury. Nothing but minor-mid level sprains and strains. No ACL/MCL tears, no ruptured tendons, no muscles torn of the bone. No surgeries.

Typical stuff that virtually every RB has, and generally, not things that are high in re-occurrance, outside of the strained hammy. I wouldn't say he's any higher of an injury risk than any other RB.
I wouldn't say he's necessarily at a higher risk than any other RB, but his age and wear and tear he has on his body does need to be factored in when you are making trades for dynasty leagues.

If this were redraft, you take CMac and run. With dynasty, Hall makes more sense long term, even when you factor in his injury recovery and the possibility of Cook this season.

Shane said he wasn't quite ready to compete this year, so why waste a season of CMac on your team if it only gets you middle of the pack. If Hall takes longer to recover or Cook makes it a RBBC situation, then he gets better draft capital for next draft year.

If he felt CMac would make his team a contender this season, I'm sure he would've made that trade. I think he was pretty sure he was still rebuilding and went with the younger guys to help facilitate the rebuild.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The value of the 1st pick is equal to the max amount your league-mates are willing to pay. No more, no less.
If moving it appeals, then you've taken the right track, measure those willing to pay up and those who won't. As I pointed out earlier, the window for each of us differs - in my case it's shorter (2-3yrs) in dynasty so trading that pick for a RB in the 24-27yr old range (who is still playing at a high level) is not a bad deal - especially if you can get a starting WR1/2 kicked in as well.
This being a 10 team league, perhaps even looking at later 1st or early 2nds as a kick-in would be icing on the cake.