• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwight Howard to Golden State?

dubabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Heisler: OMG this could happen: #Laker source told me they'd consider Barnes or Klay or Curry+Bogut+No. 1 for #D!2. GS hasn't yet offered HB/KT or SC Twitter @MarkHeisler

Mark Heisler: Things look worse by minute for #Lakers, trailing one more contender: If #Warriors are moving heaven and earth for #D12, he encouraged them. Twitter @MarkHeisler

Mark Heisler: One thing I know I didn't yesterday: #Laker source says they would deal w/#Warriors if price is right... BTW, that Mark Jackson is something Twitter @MarkHeisler

I agree with the part that says that if the Warriors are moving heaven and earth to move their contracts, it means there's something from Dwight's side.

Highly doubt they are trying hard to trade and unload contracts if they thought they only had 5% chance like some people here say.

One thing that worries me is that after the supposed trade this team will be thin as paper, if they trade Klay, Rush will have to take the starting spot and they would be left with green, bazemore and LaTax (I believe RJ will be the expiring traded since he has a little more value than Biedrins). The FO will have to work some magic on FA.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call their bluff. Howard is gone.

Offer Bogut + a number 1 + a reserve with an expiring 2014 deal. If they absolutely must, I think Klay is easier to replace than Barnes.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got Iggy signed. Dumped Jefferson and Bieds to Utah.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@sam_amick: Can confirm Andre Iguodala goes to Warriors on four-year, $48 million deal. They pulled it off. Yahoo 1st reported.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@sam_amick: Can confirm Golden State sending Andris Biedrins and Richard Jefferson to the Utah Jazz in deal reported by Yahoo. More details to come.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@sam_amick: Can confirm Golden State sending Andris Biedrins and Richard Jefferson to the Utah Jazz in deal reported by Yahoo. More details to come.

Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA

Golden State will send first-round picks in 2014 and 2017 to the Jazz, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Sorry - posted that on the wrong thread.

Looks as if RJ, Beans, Rush, and those picks are what lured Utah to make that move.

I know to a few Warriors fans this move doesn't make sense, but you gotta think there's another move along the way.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA

Golden State will send first-round picks in 2014 and 2017 to the Jazz, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Sorry - posted that on the wrong thread.

Looks as if RJ, Beans, Rush, and those picks are what lured Utah to make that move.

I know to a few Warriors fans this move doesn't make sense, but you gotta think there's another move along the way.

Just my opinion here, but even if Dwight chooses the Rockets, I still think it's a terrific deal. Moving two picks that will come very late in the first round to dump Beans and Jefferson is brilliant.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion here, but even if Dwight chooses the Rockets, I still think it's a terrific deal. Moving two picks that will come very late in the first round to dump Beans and Jefferson is brilliant.

I think you are assuming the health of Curry and Bogut which is something we can hope for but is not a lock, also we dumped expiring deals so next year when there are free agents we will not be able to make a big a push without having first round picks to trade or cap room.

I love the roster as it sits right now but this can backfire and we did give up a lot for AI, I'm hoping it works out well for us if everyone is healthy and no other moves are made we should have a good shot at home court advantage in the first round this coming season.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well , LOL at the Lakers for getting Zero in return for D12.

Iggy isn't a bad consolation prize.

And now onto the task of finding a back up PG and PF for this year.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If true, that's fine. Time to move on.

With no cap room, we added an all star SG and didn't lose (as of yet) any valuable young assets. The team is ready to win now and into the future.

If Meyers can somehow grab a decent back-up PG and power forward, along with a center to fill in in Ezeli's absence...Wow. Can we predict, barring injuries (no jinx!), a 3-5 seed?

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well , LOL at the Lakers for getting Zero in return for D12.

Iggy isn't a bad consolation prize.

And now onto the task of finding a back up PG and PF for this year.

We might just need a backup PF.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still need a power forward. Package up Clay, Lee and 1st if necessary. Keep Barnes.