• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwight Howard to Golden State?

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight's a prick. Just go to Houston.

He might be but I was thinking what if we got him and Nate Robinson back in here ?

wvyfls.jpg

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard wants to look at the menu one more time before placing his order it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still need a power forward. Package up Clay, Lee and 1st if necessary. Keep Barnes.

If its going to cost the Warriors Bogut, Lee and either Barnes or Thompson, as they are saying, to get Howard then the Rockets can have him. You can't give up those guys and not have a number one pick in 2013 and 14 AND give up a 2017 first rounder and still remain a viable team.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs are still in the mix?

D12 being D12

Until he signs the dotted line, there's a faint glimmer of hope.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true NBKLee. This nutbag is so flippant, he could change his mind tomorrow because the deal is not official until July 10. Look out!!!

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doubtful. And bear in mind that the first thing Asik said after the Howard signing is that he wants out because he doesn't want to be a back-up. That's exactly what he'd be here.

Until Bogut gets hurt. Because it WILL happen. Plus, Bogut is int he final year of his deal. There's no guarantee he even comes back after this season. If the Dubs guarantee Asik an opportunity to battle for the starting gig, he may welcome the opportunity.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Okay, I'll play along. What can we offer Houston in a trade to entice them to trade Asik to us (into our trade exception), when they're already have been links to them using him to get Ryan Anderson or Josh Smith?

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I'll play along. What can we offer Houston in a trade to entice them to trade Asik to us (into our trade exception), when they're already have been links to them using him to get Ryan Anderson or Josh Smith?

David Lee works on the trade machine, I'd say Klay or HB would work talent wise but I don't know about with the for Houston.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
David Lee works on the trade machine, I'd say Klay or HB would work talent wise but I don't know about with the for Houston.

The trade machine doesn't take into account that Houston is now at the cap (more or less), and can't make a financially imbalanced trade anymore. Plus, if we trade Lee, is the thought that Asik (who can't score more than 3 feet from the basket) plays PF?

I don't see a trade happening with Houston. I think other avenues are out there with Lee, though. And if somebody from the team gets traded, it's probably going to be him.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade machine doesn't take into account that Houston is now at the cap (more or less), and can't make a financially imbalanced trade anymore. Plus, if we trade Lee, is the thought that Asik (who can't score more than 3 feet from the basket) plays PF?

I don't see a trade happening with Houston. I think other avenues are out there with Lee, though. And if somebody from the team gets traded, it's probably going to be him.

Oh I don't think that trade will happen just throwing out a name that might be moved who has a contract that sort of fits, I am worried about how Lee will recover him his hip injury.

Warriors look good on paper I'm probably as excited for this upcoming season as any year we've had since after Webber's rookie year when I thought the team was going to be strong enough to contend for a championship.

I've enjoyed your posts on ESPN for a long time Chuck, where do you see Lee's trade value if he were to moved before the season starts ?

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh I don't think that trade will happen just throwing out a name that might be moved who has a contract that sort of fits, I am worried about how Lee will recover him his hip injury.

Warriors look good on paper I'm probably as excited for this upcoming season as any year we've had since after Webber's rookie year when I thought the team was going to be strong enough to contend for a championship.

I've enjoyed your posts on ESPN for a long time Chuck, where do you see Lee's trade value if he were to moved before the season starts ?

Thanks, Donyell, I appreciate the comment.....

I think it's revealing that apparently the Warriors, in 3 years having him, have never fielded a trade inquiry about Lee. Despite his being an All-Star. That's kind of telling about what the opinion is about his contract.

I think Lee has some trade value, for some teams, but it isn't uniform around the league. As time progresses, the league is dividing between "haves" and "have nots", and it's hard for teams to transition from the latter to the former. The Warriors clearly are in the exception group that have, and they've done so quickly. It's really remarkable.

There are teams in the league right now that, simply put, are not appealing for free agents to consider. They're the "have nots". The only way they get good players is through the draft, or via trade. Teams like those are the ones who may value Lee, because he is a good player and can bring some credibility to them. I don't expect if we deal Lee that it would be to a "good" team, because of his contract. But there are "bad" teams who could use his level of play, and know they probably aren't going to get it otherwise.

We'll see what happens. Even if nothing happens, I think we're a much better team than we were 24 hours ago.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Howard can handle the pressure of being "The Guy" on a team fighting for a championship.