• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Day Thread ( I was looking for it! )

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know if it's Geno at the moment... I kind of want to know what the fuck is going on with Waldron? Is it that we now have TOO many weapons (JSN - who seriously needs to stop dropping balls, Zach Charbs, Bobo, Eskridge) and we're trying to get all those guys on the field too much? The 3 TE and even 2 TE set that he was using to help out the OL (who looked horrible yesterday, maybe Haynes played okay) have just been absent. Every run seems to go up the middle. The Peters/Forsythe rotation, knock it the fuck off! PICK ONE.

Speaking of Eskridge... Can we just cut him already? LOL... Honestly... What value does he bring to the team? He returned a kick from 2 yards deep in our EZ and couldn't return it past the 9 yard line... That's unheard of in the NFL... That play pretty much summed up the day for me..

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember during the draft, Pete/John made a comment that they like Drew Lock just a much as they liked the guys available to them in the draft at their pick... This is why I don't think it would be a surprise if we saw Lock play soon if Geno keeps this up... I firmly believe that Carroll/John believe/committed to the fact that Lock is our QB for the next few season...

I like what i have seen from Lock as far as growth. He looked competent in the preseason and actually had one of the better preseasons i have seen for a Seahawks QB in the past 15 years. I think Wilsons rookie season was better but that was Wilson. He had all the talent to be a early Day 1 pick but his size knocked him down.

Lock looked like a different QB this past Preseason. He looked poised, collected and was scanning the field efficiently. He was able to find the open guys and get them the ball quickly. He played with a spark and looked to be ready. Then his last game .. well he took a step back.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Lock Vikings game
17/241918.0211-8104.7
Drew Lock Dallas Game
5/611919.8000-0118.8
Geno Smith Dallas Game ( with the 1's and 2's )
5/6467.7001-498.6
Drew Lock Packers game
16/251506.0100-093.8

Those are not bad stats, not superstar stats either but on par with and if you ask me actually better than Geno's. His Yards per attempt was much better. He struggled in the Packers game but still posted a 93.8 rating and that was his worst game. Not a 14.5 rating lol. Yes it's preseason but to me that warrants a look. Also he never got to play with the #1's and rarely even the #2's. I think they can raise him up as the Hawks #1's are some special players on the offense.

I say play Lock, limit him to 25 passes a game ( 30 MAX ) and lean on the run. ( Just like Wilsons rookie season )

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it time to make a new draft thread?

wondering what everyones thoughts are on jj mccarthy. some draftniks like him a lot, some think he is a 3rd round pick.

keeping an eye on the michigan game right now hoping to see what he can do but they arent putting the ball in his hands much.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wondering what everyones thoughts are on jj mccarthy. some draftniks like him a lot, some think he is a 3rd round pick.

keeping an eye on the michigan game right now hoping to see what he can do but they arent putting the ball in his hands much.
If your ready to talk about prospects for 2024, go ahead and start a thread. No harm in that, even though most of us haven't dove into that draft class yet, or not very deeply at least.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dang I feel it might be a little early for a draft thread. I mean if we were a 6 or 7 loss team sure but ..... I'm superstitious in that way though. It's like putting the kibosh on the season. Just like starting a Game day thread on a monday tueday or wednesday of the week.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like him a lot. I’ve already been linked to talking about him as our option for the Hawks….

I also don’t see the Seahawks taking a quarterback in the first round. They never have since Carroll and John have been here. In fact, they’ve only drafted two quarterbacks since they’ve been here. Russell, Wilson, and McGough

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they had never drafted a corner round 1 either, then they took one top 5.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him a lot. I’ve already been linked to talking about him as our option for the Hawks….

I also don’t see the Seahawks taking a quarterback in the first round. They never have since Carroll and John have been here. In fact, they’ve only drafted two quarterbacks since they’ve been here. Russell, Wilson, and McGough

I always liked McGough. He was athletic and looked to have a good ceiling. Not a superstar but I always thought he could become a capable QB for a stacked team.

Last edited:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also feel that they weren't really in a strong position where a respectable QB was on the board for them to draft. I really do think if the Broncos would have lost to the Chargers week 18 last year and we had the #2 pick we would have drafted a QB.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also feel that they weren't really in a strong position where a respectable QB was on the board for them to draft. I really do think if the Broncos would have lost to the Chargers week 18 last year and we had the #2 pick we would have drafted a QB.
Stroud in a Hawks uni would have been nice. I liked what I saw from him at OSU and I thought back then as I do now he'd be the better QB over Young. Still way too early of course but Stroud looking better each game.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stroud in a Hawks uni would have been nice. I liked what I saw from him at OSU and I thought back then as I do now he'd be the better QB over Young. Still way too early of course but Stroud looking better each game.

I'm still not sold on Stroud and we wont know for another year or two. I think down the line ( 3 to 4 years ) the Best QB's in the 2023 draft will not be any of the top 3 picked.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not sold on Stroud and we wont know for another year or two. I think down the line ( 3 to 4 years ) the Best QB's in the 2023 draft will not be any of the top 3 picked.
Maybe Levis but he plays for a dumpster fire of a team so not sure how well he could play until he goes to a franchise that knows how to build a team. I like Stroud cause he's putting up good numbers with a bunch of no name WRs, a run game until yesterday was non existent and a defense on the rebuild. They have a good coach down there.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Levis but he plays for a dumpster fire of a team so not sure how well he could play until he goes to a franchise that knows how to build a team. I like Stroud cause he's putting up good numbers with a bunch of no name WRs, a run game until yesterday was non existent and a defense on the rebuild. They have a good coach down there.
So far he's been looking really good and as you said without much talent surrounding him.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far he's been looking really good and as you said without much talent surrounding him.

I agree, a loaded team can make a bad QB look good but a bad QB can not make a bad team look good. Levis is doing well for what he has around him and looks to be an upgrade over Tannehill. Thats saying something right there. Tannehill isn't a crap QB ( Sure he isn't great either )and Levis is doing better than him and he is only a rookie.