• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doug Pederson?

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. People seem to think the KC offense is great? 9th in points scored this year. 16th last year. 7th the year before. In the 20s all three years in yards. Not a bad record, but not exactly the sort that normally gets you promoted.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know what to think about this. I guess the most important thing now is who is his assistants? We simply don't know enough about Pederson. He is a complete unknown entity. We know him as a player (he sucked). We don't know him as a coordinator. The most damning thing heard about him came from that nut job McNabb who said I don't think he can be a leader of men. That is an issue. But of course McNabb only knew Pederson when he was here 15 plus years ago. He doesn't know him as a coach. Just really don't know what to think.

McNabb tries to sabotage everything that happens here. He's a petty and insignificant asshole. You probably shouldn't seek out his opinion nor remember it if you happen to be unfortunate enough to hear it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As allegedly just about every capable coach and coördinator as well as a bunch of personnel men is presented by Lamonte.... some of the comments I have heared over the past weeks is that it is very difficult to NOT run into multiple Lamonte clients in these kind of searches.

Not sure why we don't have the little "useful" icon in here. Thanks for the info.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. People seem to think the KC offense is great? 9th in points scored this year. 16th last year. 7th the year before. In the 20s all three years in yards. Not a bad record, but not exactly the sort that normally gets you promoted.

It's mostly talentless, has only one legitimate NFL WR, lost their player the whole offense was designed around, and then Doug proceeded to win every fucking game with it.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that is not what McNabb said. He said he does not know whether Pederson can be a leader or men - mostly because he has only experienced Pederson in his first year in Philadelphia. Also, one does not know for any first time head coach whether they can be a leader of men, until they are put in that position. Chip Kelly was a definite failure as a leader of men.
Conveniently leaving out the last two parts of what I said. McNabb does not know him as a coach and that was 15 years ago when they were together. People grow a ton in 15 years.

How does Chad Lewis know who he is a coach? He was gone before Pederson came here as a coach.

Now Kolb is a different story. I would be interested in what Kolb has to say. Pederson was a coach when Kolb was here.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's mostly talentless, has only one legitimate NFL WR, lost their player the whole offense was designed around, and then Doug proceeded to win every fucking game with it.

They had a good year no doubt. Its nearly impossible to say how much Dougie has to do with it. Meanwhile the other candidates who got multiple interviews included.

Ben MacAdoo - Who helped Eli Manning to 2 of the best seasons he has ever had. and Prior to that he coached Aaron Rodgers to a pair of 100+ QB ratings as well as made Matt Flynn look competent.

Adam Gase that put together a winning season with Tim Tebow, then switched gears and helped an aging Peyton Manning put up the best two years of his career, and then topped that off by helping Jay Cutler to the best year of his career with no healthy Wide Receivers.

Maybe Dougie will be just fine, but don't try to tell me he was the best candidate or the first choice. The other two guys are way more accomplished.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a good year no doubt. Its nearly impossible to say how much Dougie has to do with it. Meanwhile the other candidates who got multiple interviews included.

Ben MacAdoo - Who helped Eli Manning to 2 of the best seasons he has ever had. and Prior to that he coached Aaron Rodgers to a pair of 100+ QB ratings as well as made Matt Flynn look competent.

Adam Gase that put together a winning season with Tim Tebow, then switched gears and helped an aging Peyton Manning put up the best two years of his career, and then topped that off by helping Jay Cutler to the best year of his career with no healthy Wide Receivers.

Maybe Dougie will be just fine, but don't try to tell me he was the best candidate or the first choice. The other two guys are way more accomplished.

Perhaps those guys will be better, perhaps not. The Eagles didn't get them. They got Doug and Doug has his own positives.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I somehow also remember him carving up the Eagles in some game he played against them late in his career, with our offense somewhat being shut down. Or he might have been the back-up there as well, and basically have coached the opposing team that game if he did not play in it himself.
I think he did when he was with the Browns. It was a WTF? type of game where he looks like Montana once every 5-7 years.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
top 10 in points scored; bottom 3rd in yards.

They capitalized on their D getting a lot of turnovers (top 10).

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he gets a good DC, who will use the 4-3, and develop a top aggressive defense. If we can gt a D like KC, then all the offense has to do is have ball control, and score 20 pts/per game to win. We get 2 good Guards and a Rt, and another WR, and we will be OK.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he gets a good DC, who will use the 4-3, and develop a top aggressive defense. If we can gt a D like KC, then all the offense has to do is have ball control, and score 20 pts/per game to win. We get 2 good Guards and a Rt, and another WR, and we will be OK.

So they hired an offensive coach who we hope will be average at running his offense, and hoping he will be able to hire a stud defensive coach to make up for his shortcomings? Sounds like a plan!

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be fine. A good Head Coach knows how to trust and work with the people around him. That includes, players, scouts, front office, and other coaches. He seems to be a well liked guy by players and some other experts around the league. His team is in the play offs and they put up 30 points in the Wild Card game.

I still trust Reid and he thinks he is ready. He is a bit of an unknown but I think we are much better off now than most of us realize.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be fine. A good Head Coach knows how to trust and work with the people around him. That includes, players, scouts, front office, and other coaches. He seems to be a well liked guy by players and some other experts around the league. His team is in the play offs and they put up 30 points in the Wild Card game.

I still trust Reid and he thinks he is ready. He is a bit of an unknown but I think we are much better off now than most of us realize.

Trust Reid? The guy that promoted Castillo to DC? Hired Jim Washburn and Howard Mudd out of retirement? Recommended Brad Childress to Minnesota?

30 points in the playoff game? Houston turned the ball over 5 times. KC netted 314 total yards of offense despite the 5 turnovers. This game was either a gift by Houston or won on defense. The offense had little to do with it.

I am sure Dougie is a wonderful guy and has all the "it" factor that Chip lacked like collaborating well with everyone and being a blast at Christmas Parties. But your kidding yourself if you think he in anything special as an offensive mind.

I also don't get why we think he knows how to build a good staff, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. This takes knowing and having great relations within the coaching community which might be true? But with only 5 years in titled positions as a coach, I really don't know how extensive his network could be?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been pretty negative on this, but one interesting thing to see is a lot of old Reid guys like B West, Dawkins, Ike Reese etc defending Pederson. They think he is a good guy who knows football, and most of all, they seem to like that he will bring a better locker room culture back. It seems the Big Red era people support this.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust Reid? The guy that promoted Castillo to DC? Hired Jim Washburn and Howard Mudd out of retirement? Recommended Brad Childress to Minnesota?

30 points in the playoff game? Houston turned the ball over 5 times. KC netted 314 total yards of offense despite the 5 turnovers. This game was either a gift by Houston or won on defense. The offense had little to do with it.

I am sure Dougie is a wonderful guy and has all the "it" factor that Chip lacked like collaborating well with everyone and being a blast at Christmas Parties. But your kidding yourself if you think he in anything special as an offensive mind.

I also don't get why we think he knows how to build a good staff, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. This takes knowing and having great relations within the coaching community which might be true? But with only 5 years in titled positions as a coach, I really don't know how extensive his network could be?

You may want to look at Reid's winning percentage, number of playoff wins, etc. He is easily the best coach the Eagles have had in the past 50 years. I grew tired of him, and wanted him gone, but his record speaks for itself.

The Chiefs running a ball-control offense is smart considering they have a bad-ass defense and good running game. I can only hope to see similar adjustments from a new coach, rather than Chip running his tired-ass outside sweeps and other plays that didn't match the talent and that everyone on the planet saw coming.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conveniently leaving out the last two parts of what I said. McNabb does not know him as a coach and that was 15 years ago when they were together. People grow a ton in 15 years.

How does Chad Lewis know who he is a coach? He was gone before Pederson came here as a coach.

Now Kolb is a different story. I would be interested in what Kolb has to say. Pederson was a coach when Kolb was here.

The funny thing is that Chad Lewis and McNabb (and others as well) pretty much referred to Pederson as already being a player-coach. He was in many ways already coaching while still playing. Hell, it is what actually made Reid notice Pederson as a potential coach!

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can some of you guys in Philly put a gag in Mike Missanelli's trap?

Holy f*** what an idiot he is.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not with Roseman running the drafts!