• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don't Swamp This Up!

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pure fricken offensive skill and Semin gets added in there too Pix. But he would make a teenage girl seem like the most mentally stable person in the world in comparison.

Edit: Ignore this, its a centers thread

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can just get over that stuff and be mentally strong and motivated, he's arguably the best. The playoffs in '09 showed what he's capable of. And it's magical.

Yes, I understand that. But he's not going to do it consistently. He's not driven the same way OV and Crosby are. I see it on the Caps with Semin too. Arguably just as talented, but will never do as much with it. Malkin is DAMN talented, but I wonder if the injury bug will continue to nag him.

Mostly, I don't understand how he can be in his best shape ever when he's been laid up after knee surgery.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pure fricken offensive skill and Semin gets added in there too Pix. But he would make a teenage girl seem like the most mentally stable person in the world in comparison.

Edit: Ignore this, its a centers thread

Hahahah, still funny though.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I understand that. But he's not going to do it consistently. He's not driven the same way OV and Crosby are. I see it on the Caps with Semin too. Arguably just as talented, but will never do as much with it. Malkin is DAMN talented, but I wonder if the injury bug will continue to nag him.

Mostly, I don't understand how he can be in his best shape ever when he's been laid up after knee surgery.

He was basically ready to play at the end of the post-season, and has been working out and strengthening ever since. I'm more confident in his play coming into this year than ever. He's motivated, happy, excited. That's my assumption from reading stuff and watching videos.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He did lead the league in scoring and has a playoff MVP. He has had a few down seasons but has the talent to be the best.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did lead the league in scoring and has a playoff MVP. He has had a few down seasons but has the talent to be the best.

That's what I'm getting at. And it's not that he takes nights off. I really don't think that's it. It's a confidence thing. He tries TOO hard sometimes, and pulls a Russian. By Russian I mean: puts the whole team on his back and attempts to go coast to coast and win by himself.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the list, I think Backstrom is a bit low, but after the drop of production and the postseason he had I get why he is where he is

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a star player, no doubt. But he's scored 40 goals one time. I don't put him in the top 10 forwards in hockey right now. Maybe he'll get back there, but when you have two seasons with lots of injuries, I think there is actually more cause for concern about whether he has the body to make it, not hope about how good he'll be. Just my thoughts. We'll see how his body holds up.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a single Flames player mentioned - No wonder they stink.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kopitar! He now has Gagne to work with. How does that not give him top-15 expectations?

Edit: Just realized that Richards and Gagne will probably be on the same line. /facepalm

Last edited by a moderator: