• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don't Swamp This Up!

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll accept pa parenteau as a joke of a winger.. i suppose okposo being hurt all year does DQ him as a viable winger.. and i would've thought their best winger would play with their best center (grab+tavares).. so i apologize there

everyone being healthy, id take the isles wingers over the avs wingers... what (insert whoever is coaching the isles this month here) decides to do with them is his choice

JMO

Actually Frans Neilson is the perfect Center for Grabner. Neilson's line usually plays against the other teams top line because he's defensively responsible & a pretty good play maker as well. It also puts the other teams top line on notice. If they make a mistake Grabner will be in alone on their goalie.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toews, Malkin, and Lecavalier are too high. Stamkos is too low. That is all.

I whole heartedly disagree on Toews. He does everything you need out of a center with abouve average to outstanding ability. This is the top 25 centers not fantasy centers who only score.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Roy plays center and I think s/b in the list somewhere.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I whole heartedly disagree on Toews. He does everything you need out of a center with abouve average to outstanding ability. This is the top 25 centers not fantasy centers who only score.

I'd put him with Kesler and Richards, as they're all cut from the same cloth. He'd be above them, and above Thornton, and above Malkin on my list, but unless you're assuming a big drop off from Datsyuk to number three offensively (and forwards' primary objective is offense), then Sedin needs to be next, then Stamkos.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that list is for 2011-2012 not 2010-2011.

He should be on there.

Last season Roy was having his breakout year before he got hurt. I don't think a lot of people in the media really knew who he was outside of Buffalo. When most people think of the Sabres forwards, Vanek is the guy they think of.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you will all rue the day you overlooked Brandon Sutter....

RUE THE DAY!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahaaaaa.....

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tavares has P.A. Parenteau & Matt Moulson playing on his line. Grabner played with Neilson & Comeau last year.

The Avs have some good wingers like Chris Stewart, David Jones, Milan Hejduk, Peter Mueller, & Brandon Yip. Gabriel Landeskog was added on draft day as well.

Um.. one of these players is gone and one hasn't played in a year? And no offense bro, but Brandon Yip? Come on seriously, he's a decent 4th line winger and decent grinder but not a great all around winger.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
swamp_thing-show.jpg

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Geno is coming back with a vengeance this year. The injury could be a blessing in disguise. He's rehabbed quickly, is getting stronger, in the best shape he's been in (according to many), and in great spirits. When he's confident, he's the best talent in the league.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Geno is coming back with a vengeance this year. The injury could be a blessing in disguise. He's rehabbed quickly, is getting stronger, in the best shape he's been in (according to many), and in great spirits. When he's confident, he's the best talent in the league.

Really?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malkin offensively is a monster, but I just don't think he has the same all around game of Staal and Getzlaf and I don't think his offensive ability is that superior to those 2 that he should be rated higher. By no means is he a slouch and I'm not saying those two are much better, but I would personally give them the nod for all around game.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember '08? Sid goes down with a high ankle sprain, and he lit up the league. As far as pure talent goes, I think Geno and OV are the best, but mentally, they're weaker than a guy like Sid. Geno just has these weird brain farts where he messes up, then dwells on it for awhile. If he can just get over that stuff and be mentally strong and motivated, he's arguably the best. The playoffs in '09 showed what he's capable of. And it's magical. As far as the best shape comment, that stems from what Gonchar said to Shero. He said that he's never seen him more motivated to get back and work this hard. I think the injury sparked him.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malkin offensively is a monster, but I just don't think he has the same all around game of Staal and Getzlaf and I don't think his offensive ability is that superior to those 2 that he should be rated higher. By no means is he a slouch and I'm not saying those two are much better, but I would personally give them the nod for all around game.

The thing is...Geno is a great back checker, hustles, etc. In fact I think he lead the league for a decent amount of time with take away/give away ratio? I could be wrong. The difference is he has these...brain farts, where he just gives the puck away. I really think it's a mental thing. Just needs to continue to mature/grow in the game, and he'll be an amazing, breathtaking player.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Nasty, I agree with your points, completely valid. I just think Geno's a more dynamic player.