• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dodgers Add Justin Ruggiano

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that's nice for Ruggiano, to come back to the organization that he started with. For the Dodgers... meh. He's been in AAA all year because he's not that good. He can kinda hit lefties so that's why they picked him up - with Kike and Puig both on the DL.

On the surface, that's all well and good. Dodgers need to be avoiding games where they have to start Crawford and/or Ethier against lefties. Right now, the only OF righties available in the organization are Scott Van Slyke, Jose Peraza (he can play CF, but that means Utley needs to start), and Alex Guerrero (pfffft). So, that part makes sense - add a righty OF who can hit lefties. Play up the platoon in September when you're allowed to have six million players on your bench.

The part that irritates me is that Jonny Gomes could've been had. Jonny Gomes would've been perfect. He went to the Royals for a nothing prospect. The Dodgers could've gotten him in a claim because he ended up going to the Royals - an AL team. Since the Braves are in the NL, every NL team got a crack at claiming him before the AL could.

Gomes > Ruggiano.

Ugh.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about this a bit longer, I guess the one thing that Ruggiano brings that Gomes doesn't is his glove. Ruggiano can play all three outfield positions and he's pretty good out there. Ruggiano playing CF allows Peraza to play 2B if the Dodgers want to see Utley, Crawford, and Ethier against a tough lefty.

Today's lineup against Bumgarner should be a good example of what they had in mind.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap, I was so wrong about this guy.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoa it's time to put you on ignore again

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he's better than Heisey, I'm happy. Heisey is terrible with the bat.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he's better than Heisey, I'm happy. Heisey is terrible with the bat.
Yeah. When he was traded for, the reaction was kinda like, "well, he's basically an older version of Heisey with a slightly better track record."

Then the Dodgers went and re-added Heisey anyways, hahaha. I'm really amazed at how good Ruggiano has been. Happy for him to see this time on the Dodgers as a way to maybe get a big league contract next season.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap, I was so wrong about this guy.

So everyone that gets giddy about some player, you rip for the small sample size they are giddy about, but than it's ok for you to do it with this guy. He's had a couple nice games, big whoop t do!

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruggiano has been great for the Dodgers, thankfully so, but no one expected it. Hopefully the magic will continue.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy for him to see this time on the Dodgers as a way to maybe get a big league contract next season.

Just found out that he's still under team control for 2016. He does not have any minor league options left, so that makes him a non-tender candidate at the end of the season.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How huge has this been? It made a ton of sense when it happened considering his vs. LHP splits and the Kiké and Puig injuries. But definitely didn't expect him to be *this* good.