• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doctor reveals exact tests Rodgers must pass to get back on field

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CREATED 5:16 PM

The most talked-about collarbone in the history of the state of Wisconsin will go in front of doctors Wednesday, with a possible decision on whether Aaron Rodgers will play quarterback for the Green Bay Packers on Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys (1:00 p.m. on 620WTMJ).

A doctor for Aurora Health Care unveiled the exact tests Rodgers will have to pass in order to get the OK to play.

"It's going to be that he can perform and play his activities without pain, that's number one," said Dr. Joe Kohli on TODAY'S TMJ4's "Live at 4."

"Number two: The doc is going to press on the clavicle...no pain. Number three: x-rays or the imaging studies have to show that (the clavicle is) in place."

Rodgers broke his clavicle on Nov. 4th in the loss to the Chicago Bears. The Packers didn't win once until last Sunday, their 22-21 triumph over the Atlanta Falcons.

He said Tuesday on ESPN Radio that he was experiencing too much pain while completing various quarterback functions during his limited practice time last week.

"He's got to be completely pain-free before they let him on the field," said Dr. Kohli. "It's his non-throwing arm, so you'd think it would be easier to do some of the football maneuvers, but when you hand off a ball, when you throw a football, it's still going to tweak the other side."

Dr. Kohli explained that Rodgers plays without fully healing, teams may target the clavicle.
"It's up to the doctor to make a medical decision for his best interest in the long term, not just this season," said Dr. Kohli.

"If he lands on that shoulder the way he did when he injured it, he can break it, displace it, (he'll) need surgery. If he isn't full strength...he's not going to play that well. He is going to be protecting that arm. It could risk further injury to other parts of his body as well."

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather just keep him out the rest the season.

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather just keep him out the rest the season.

You must not be a packer fan then. Why would you want him to sit out if he's healthy when this team has a very good chance to make the playoffs still and is a contender. Sure don't play him until he's healthy but to say just screw it and don't play him is something a bears fan would say. No one has ever lost their career to a fractured collar bone to their non throwing shoulder. He might not play this week but should at least be ready by the bears game and the pack can beat dallas and pitssburgh with flynn!:wtf2:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not be a packer fan then. Why would you want him to sit out if he's healthy when this team has a very good chance to make the playoffs still and is a contender. Sure don't play him until he's healthy but to say just screw it and don't play him is something a bears fan would say. No one has ever lost their career to a fractured collar bone to their non throwing shoulder. He might not play this week but should at least be ready by the bears game and the pack can beat dallas and pitssburgh with flynn!:wtf2:
What Bear fan has ever said that? We never had a QB worth thinking long term with. :doh:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I personally hope both Cutler and Rodgers is back for that big week 17 game. That's my SB. Niether my Bears or your Packers are healthy enough to be a PO threat. IMO.

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Bear fan has ever said that? We never had a QB worth thinking long term with. :doh:

Yea be careful with him I said and wait till he's 100% but sitting him just to sit him is asinine, especially when the playoffs are alive and well! I guarantee you bears fans would love to see rodgers just sit for the hell of it when he's 100% like the one guy said he wanted. Duh:doh:

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I personally hope both Cutler and Rodgers is back for that big week 17 game. That's my SB. Niether my Bears or your Packers are healthy enough to be a PO threat. IMO.

I think you're wrong about that in terms of the packers. We are missing our starting qb like you but ours happens to be the best in the game. Add to that a huge playmaker in cobb on offense and special teams and I think the pack could beat anyone. Before rodgers went down the pack looked like a Super Bowl contender, why wouldn't they be when he comes back??:scratch:

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're wrong about that in terms of the packers. We are missing our starting qb like you but ours happens to be the best in the game. Add to that a huge playmaker in cobb on offense and special teams and I think the pack could beat anyone. Before rodgers went down the pack looked like a Super Bowl contender, why wouldn't they be when he comes back??:scratch:

The Packers were 5-2 before Rodgers went out but they didn't look dominant except for against the pathetic Vikings. They would be in the playoffs for sure with Rodgers but they are not on the same field as the Seahawks and 49ers.

Packers and Bears right now are both 70-1 odds to win the superbowl at most bookies right now. That is also anticipating Rodgers coming back.

I know you will bring up 2010 when you were the 6 seed and went 10-6 and won the superbowl. That was a different year. The Packers had a great defense that year and all around team that never trailed by more than 7 points all year. And there were no real dominant teams like this year with the Seahawks and Broncos.

It is good to have faith in your team but don't get disappointed if it doesn't happen because the odds are very against it.

Last edited by a moderator:

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers were 5-2 before Rodgers went out but they didn't look dominant except for against the pathetic Vikings. They would be in the playoffs for sure with Rodgers but they are not on the same field as the Seahawks and 49ers.

Packers and Bears right now are both 70-1 odds to win the superbowl at most bookies right now. That is also anticipating Rodgers coming back.

I know you will bring up 2010 when you were the 6 seed and went 10-6 and won the superbowl. That was a different year. The Packers had a great defense that year and all around team that never trailed by more than 7 points all year. And there were no real dominant teams like this year with the Seahawks and Broncos.

It is good to have faith in your team but don't get disappointed if it doesn't happen because the odds are very against it.

When you have the best QB in the game you always have a chance and yes 2010 is a great example of this. Of course you as a bears fan probably don't even remember your team winning a Super Bowl if you were even alive LMFAO. Also you've never had a QB like favre or rodgers. Sorry if I don't really take a bears fan opinion seriously when they say the pack don't have a chance. Damn you guys a really swarming this place huh, Don't the bears have their own forum??:lol:

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have the best QB in the game you always have a chance and yes 2010 is a great example of this. Of course you as a bears fan probably don't even remember your team winning a Super Bowl if you were even alive LMFAO. Also you've never had a QB like favre or rodgers. Sorry if I don't really take a bears fan opinion seriously when they say the pack don't have a chance. Damn you guys a really swarming this place huh, Don't the bears have their own forum??:lol:

Relax a little. These are two of the better Bears fans. Noon has calmed down a lot since the ESPN board closed.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't say you had no chance, I said you had a small chance. And the Vegas odds back that up. You have the same chance as us actually. You feel like you have a good chance? Fly to fucking Vegas and put a grand on them and win your easy 70,000 dollars.

Btw, your board has half the traffic as ours. You should be happy we stop by your lonely place.

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say you had no chance, I said you had a small chance. And the Vegas odds back that up. You have the same chance as us actually. You feel like you have a good chance? Fly to fucking Vegas and put a grand on them and win your easy 70,000 dollars.

Btw, your board has half the traffic as ours. You should be happy we stop by your lonely place.

I feel like if rodgers and cobb come back yes we have a good chance and no I'm not flying to vegas and betting on it. I have a job and responsibilities. No packer fan cares that a bears fan thinks we have little chance to win just like I'm sure no bears fan cares that a packer fan thinks they have little chance. Difference is I'm not going to the bears forum to tell all of you you have barely any chance and I don't think any of you would appreciate it if I did. I could care less if the place has little traffic, we don't need trolls who are fans of our biggest rivals telling us our chances are slim!:L

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers are a bigger threat to a SB contender than the Bears, if they get in and are relatively healthy. Especially with Rodgers, Cobb, and Nelson. Rodgers is the difference, even if the Bears offense does look good right now.

Also, the Packers D isn't on the same level of "suck" that the Bears is right now.

Although, who knows? With Briggs probably coming back in week 16. Maybe that really makes the Bears D t least pedestrian again. Which, on top of the 2nd best scoring offense in the NFL, could make the Bears a tougher out than people think.

I just don't get why people come to opposing boards to start shit. Why can't you just be honest about the two teams? Do you really take this Packers fan/Bears fan shit that seriously? It's nothing more than sheer coincidence that you were born a couple hundred miles away from one another.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears and Packers have a outside shot. Get in and try. I can't see anyone getting thu SEA@ home. But nothing is impossible. A few bounces/turnovers/lucky plays changes every game.

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers are a bigger threat to a SB contender than the Bears, if they get in and are relatively healthy. Especially with Rodgers, Cobb, and Nelson. Rodgers is the difference, even if the Bears offense does look good right now.

Also, the Packers D isn't on the same level of "suck" that the Bears is right now.

Although, who knows? With Briggs probably coming back in week 16. Maybe that really makes the Bears D t least pedestrian again. Which, on top of the 2nd best scoring offense in the NFL, could make the Bears a tougher out than people think.

I just don't get why people come to opposing boards to start shit. Why can't you just be honest about the two teams? Do you really take this Packers fan/Bears fan shit that seriously? It's nothing more than sheer coincidence that you were born a couple hundred miles away from one another.

I don't take it that seriously I'm just saying its unnecessary to troll rivals boards telling their hard working fans their team has little chance. I sure as hell wouldn't do it.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you are crazy. I didn't troll shit. If you take offense of fans of the Bears coming on your board, you are way too territorial for your own good.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packer fans only post when they're angry. I guess all my bros have gone beyond angry.

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you are crazy. I didn't troll shit. If you take offense of fans of the Bears coming on your board, you are way too territorial for your own good.

Never said that but nice try trying to put words in my mouth. I said coming here as a rival fan and saying the team has little to chance is what people might take offense too. No need get all butt hurt with all your swear words young man.