• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Devils @ TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to my buddy Ishall, the ice looked great tonight :suds:

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From what I noticed so far this game (and a bit of the others)

Good:

Cory being Cory

Camel is fucking amazing. I was expecting good offense but he's brought the full package. It wouldn't be out of line to put him in the top 20 forwards overall.

Zubrus was playing like he was 5 years younger till the 3rd when he wasn't really playing much at all.

Elias and Havlat are really good together. Almost Sedin-like chemistry.

The Bad:

Severson's game fell apart in the 2nd half of the game. He was rushing everything and making bad plays with the puck. Not sure if it was Tampa's speed or the ice because he did randomly fall atleast 5 times.

DeBoer is already playing favorites at game 3. Salvador has been promoted to the #1 defenseman and Gionta was promoted to the 3rd line towards the end of the game.

The 4th line is useless. Tootoo is identical to Gionta but faster. Luckily DeBoer noticed it and rarely played them

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
huge win. you could tell the way they were sitting back in the 3rd they would tie it up. then we get the powerplay and you have to cash in on those chances. last year they didn't this year they did. situations like those are whats going to make or break them.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was nice to see the PK neutralize a lethal Tampa Bay PP unit too.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win, loved it....

The Devils are playing like a team that "been there before". I still find the lack of speed a concern but so far, it hasn't been really exploited, long season.

Puck movement and control with solid passing is making a big difference out there...

Merrill, Gelinas(more controlled) and especially Severson are playing very well.

Really wanted a shutout for Cory... grrr...

Held the big bad Bolts down in their own house, where amazing happens!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I think I'd prefer to have JJ in the lineup over Gionta. Ruutu could use a little more skill on that line and I think JJ can still be responsible on D.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, Gio brings his speed element, which we're really lacking(yes i'm going to post about it 1000x more lol)... I think that 4th line is all sorts of messed up TBH...

again i'm biased bcuz I saw our real 4th line as one of our best lines for a few seasons.

I agree hat Gio with Ruutu AND Tootoo seems odd and not favorable... JJ can kick rocks... bring back Bernier...

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From what I noticed so far this game (and a bit of the others)

Good:

Cory being Cory

Camel is fucking amazing. I was expecting good offense but he's brought the full package. It wouldn't be out of line to put him in the top 20 forwards overall.

Zubrus was playing like he was 5 years younger till the 3rd when he wasn't really playing much at all.

Elias and Havlat are really good together. Almost Sedin-like chemistry.

The Bad:

Severson's game fell apart in the 2nd half of the game. He was rushing everything and making bad plays with the puck. Not sure if it was Tampa's speed or the ice because he did randomly fall atleast 5 times.

DeBoer is already playing favorites at game 3. Salvador has been promoted to the #1 defenseman and Gionta was promoted to the 3rd line towards the end of the game.

The 4th line is useless. Tootoo is identical to Gionta but faster. Luckily DeBoer noticed it and rarely played them

Tampa's Speed. They're like Colorado was last season. Young, fast, relentless.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember him from the swamp real good guy
Great game some things to work on but I'm liking the chemistry so far

later...take good care of bolts he's one of the old guard!

I agree with you both, Bolt is indeed a really great person! I'm very happy to have him on the forums & to call him friend. He has a couple of good people here on this forum as friends! Nice to have met you both, you're class acts! :suds:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you both, Bolt is indeed a really great person! I'm very happy to have him on the forums & to call him friend. He has a couple of good people here on this forum as friends! Nice to have met you both, you're class acts! :suds:

It was nice to meet you to always good to meet a true hockey fan

Status
Not open for further replies.