• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Devils @ Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schneider, what are you doing buddy? That's 2 really weak goals tonight.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah cant win em all.

I think all of us would've taken 3-1 on the opening road trip.

Tough week ahead with the Sharks, Rags and Stars. Will know a lot about this team by next weekend.

Either way Im siked for the opening. Hopefully a better showing.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
jagr has to step it up out there come on! can't have him take a year off

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cory had an awful game but......

we start at 3-1... I think we are all good with this? Better to have this letdown now than in the opener....

I want a home opener win(which would be tough) and the NYR win and I'll be straight being 5-2 in the first 7 games...

first line other than Cam has been so/so IMO...Zajac is capable of playing faster but not able to fully tap into his full set of skills IMO.

Severson is climbing up that hype ladder!!! man that kid is amazing... Adam is disposable, I swear...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holtby straight up ROBBED 3 goals that game. 2 on Camm and the one on Jagr after an amazing tic tac toe setup (that was really fun to watch, wish they buried that). Overall the team didn't look terrible, Schneider was off, he plays like he did the other games and we probably at least get a point out of that one.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I did luv that setup play that ended up Jagr being stoned.... nitpicking here but he should've lifted the shot higher, he really didn't put umph behind it. He took the wide open net for granted.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I did luv that setup play that ended up Jagr being stoned.... nitpicking here but he should've lifted the shot higher, he really didn't put umph behind it. He took the wide open net for granted.

Agreed, he needed to rip that one.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jagr knew he messed up on that shot. Was a nice play by Holtby to get over in time but Jagr buries that more times than not.

Only a matter of time before he gets going.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that has been pretty consistent in the first 4 games is our inability to breakout of our own end. Sloppy passes, a lot of bad turnovers, miscommunication. If I'm not mistaken this is supposed to be Larsson's strength. Sal has been pretty rough to watch for 2 years now but I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he was hurt etc. He's completely shot. This team is better if Larsson is in the lineup instead of him.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be real hard for Adam to crack the defensive lineup

Severson stays
Merrill much better defender
Gelinas, this could be a flip flop however Gelly has been good on BOTH sides actually IMO. plus he's a laser from the point

Zids, never going to happen
Greene, never going to happen
Salvador, never going to happen when healthy...

It's tough for Adam, seriously.... he had his chances in the 3 years he's been on board to elevate himself and create separation from his younger teammates...I agree that PDB f'd him up a lot with playing time through the seasons...

But Severson out played him, Merrill outplayed and earned his keep and Gelinas offers a lot offensively while improving his D and actually being a physical guy in terms of getting physical.

Like, what could we say that seperates Adam from the rest, positively?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I expected much but I'm kind of done with Tootoo. I'm ready to roll the dice with Gomez, Josefson or Brunner. He doesn't throw his weight around enough to compensate for his lack of offensive ability. I would personally love to see what Gomez has left in the tank.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agree with Tootoo. Dump him.
I think Gomez would do well. Sign him cheap. He seems to be in good shape, still has good speed, passing.

About yesterday, I think it was Ryder who hit the post when the game was close. I think if he scored there, momentum would have been different.

Status
Not open for further replies.