• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson or Mitchell Trubisky

Jrhammer56

Hoopla Cash
$ 903.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thanks guys I went with Fournette, and picked up Henne after all the rookie qbs went. Pretty much went down just the way this board would have it. Turns out we had to reset the keepers for another team that did not submit theirs on time and that was why Eli was available so he wasnt an option after all. Draft went pretty well other than that I think.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thanks guys I went with Fournette, and picked up Henne after all the rookie qbs went. Pretty much went down just the way this board would have it. Turns out we had to reset the keepers for another team that did not submit theirs on time and that was why Eli was available so he wasnt an option after all. Draft went pretty well other than that I think.
Well? Come on.. spill the rest. We live for other people's draft results!!

Jrhammer56

Hoopla Cash
$ 903.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Qbs: Blake Bortles, Josh McCown, Chad Henne
Rbs: Demarco Murray, Leonard Fournette, D'onta Foreman
WR: Jordy Nelson, Doug Baldwin, Zay Jones, Kasen Williams, Ted Gin jr.
TE: Jack Doyle, Evan Engram
DT: Calius Campbell, Chris Baker
DE: Brandon Graham, William Hayes
LB: Christian Kirksey, Avery Williams, Vince Williams
CB: Jeremy Lane, Shaquill Griifin
S: Tavon Wilson, Ricardo Allen, Earl Thomas
K: Matt Prater

My CBs I know a little bit of homerism there but that side always gets picked on which usually means that they are always going to get in on plays. Also usually CBs are hard to predict early on in the season when it comes to fantasy so I usually dont make it a priority and pick somebody up in the first few games.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getting there.......IMHO, trade jordy now at his peak bc hes gonna decline for a qb.........perhaps a rook qb and a young upsside wr, and cont to see if anyone bites on bortles

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Qbs: Blake Bortles, Josh McCown, Chad Henne
Rbs: Demarco Murray, Leonard Fournette, D'onta Foreman
WR: Jordy Nelson, Doug Baldwin, Zay Jones, Kasen Williams, Ted Gin jr.
TE: Jack Doyle, Evan Engram
DT: Calius Campbell, Chris Baker
DE: Brandon Graham, William Hayes
LB: Christian Kirksey, Avery Williams, Vince Williams
CB: Jeremy Lane, Shaquill Griifin
S: Tavon Wilson, Ricardo Allen, Earl Thomas
K: Matt Prater

My CBs I know a little bit of homerism there but that side always gets picked on which usually means that they are always going to get in on plays. Also usually CBs are hard to predict early on in the season when it comes to fantasy so I usually dont make it a priority and pick somebody up in the first few games.
CB's are so hard to judge anyways, might as well get the ones you like. They rarely get good tackle numbers, so their value is dependant on virtually unpredictable interceptions, unless you get return yardage and find one who does that too

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, I am resurrecting an old thread to ask a question...
DeShaun Watson
He is available in a redraft league.
His record prior to his massage debacle is pretty impressive.

However, I wonder how ready is he?
  1. Has he even been allowed in the Browns' facility?
  2. Does he know the playbook?
  3. Is he in "football shape" ?
  4. How will he do without a weapon like DeAndre Hopkins to catch everything thrown his way?
For reference, look at what happened to Russell Wilson. Most everyone assumed he'd make this seamless transition from Seattle to Denver and it has been anything but.​
I wonder if Watson will run into the same brick wall as RW. (Not the same weapons. Different offense. Etc.)​

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeShaun Watson

4. How will he do without a weapon like DeAndre Hopkins to catch everything thrown his way?
For reference, look at what happened to Russell Wilson. Most everyone assumed he'd make this seamless transition from Seattle to Denver and it has been anything but.​
I wonder if Watson will run into the same brick wall as RW. (Not the same weapons. Different offense. Etc.)​
1.- copied and pasted from his profile in fantrax- Per the terms of his suspension, Watson was able to return to the Browns' team facility Oct. 10 to take part in meetings and workouts, but he's not eligible to resume practicing until Week 11.
2. - I know he was given a playbook and most likely has been given every possible scrap of film allowable under the terms of his suspension.
3.- big shrug
4. - he led the league in passing yardage with 33 TD's and 7 INT's in 2020 without NUK, utilizing B. Cooks, Fuller, and Randall Cobb-was actually his best statistical season.

The Browns have Cooper-every bit the route runner NUK is, just no where near the hands and after the catch ability (unless you don't touch him, than he can run like the wind blows), Njoku is possibly the best TE he'll have ever had, and DPJ is no slouch, if he has someone willing to stretch the field he's easily on par with what Fuller brought to the table, jury is still out on David Bell, tough to evaluate with Brissett at the helm. Not to mention Hunt, and Chubb
He's got, at the very worst, equal talent to utilize as he did in 2020 in Houston, and a running game for defenses to be mindful of that he never had in Houston. IF he's prepared mentally and physically, I see no reason why he can't succeed. Its a big damned IF, but certainly a possibility

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeShaun Watson

My qb is a guy who sucks named Tom Brady and I have no interest in Watson. 2 years out of the league?!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeShaun Watson

I guess it's just like anything else, it all depends on what your other options are. I can see him being top 10 when he comes back but top 5 might be pushing it. I wouldn't take him over Allen, Mahomes, Hurts, Herbert, Jackson, Tua, or Burrow. He'd be in the next tier with Murray, Justin Fields, Cousins, and Dak as I could see him outperforming those guys. I'd take him over everybody else.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.- copied and pasted from his profile in fantrax- Per the terms of his suspension, Watson was able to return to the Browns' team facility Oct. 10 to take part in meetings and workouts, but he's not eligible to resume practicing until Week 11.
2. - I know he was given a playbook and most likely has been given every possible scrap of film allowable under the terms of his suspension.
3.- big shrug
4. - he led the league in passing yardage with 33 TD's and 7 INT's in 2020 without NUK, utilizing B. Cooks, Fuller, and Randall Cobb-was actually his best statistical season.

The Browns have Cooper-every bit the route runner NUK is, just no where near the hands and after the catch ability (unless you don't touch him, than he can run like the wind blows), Njoku is possibly the best TE he'll have ever had, and DPJ is no slouch, if he has someone willing to stretch the field he's easily on par with what Fuller brought to the table, jury is still out on David Bell, tough to evaluate with Brissett at the helm. Not to mention Hunt, and Chubb
He's got, at the very worst, equal talent to utilize as he did in 2020 in Houston, and a running game for defenses to be mindful of that he never had in Houston. IF he's prepared mentally and physically, I see no reason why he can't succeed. Its a big damned IF, but certainly a possibility
Nice breakdown, agree 100%, everything is still an if. One more BIG factor, this is easily the best OL he’s ever played with since his Clemson days. Even with a couple OL position question marks with center, Pocic and Conklin always hurt they have still been one of the best OL’s. If he returns to the old Watson form he could be elite…2 years out who really knows. At least he has 6 games, all offseason and preseason games next season you are thinking about him in dynasty…as far as a redraft, still quite a risk. I think your list of QB’s that go above him are on point

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Browns general manager Andrew Berry said he expects Deshaun Watson to play in Week 13 against the Texans.​

Watson, barring any more legal issues cropping up in the next month, will be under center for Cleveland against his former team on December 4. Watson should be an upgrade over Jacoby Brissett despite his preseason struggles in Kevin Stefancki's offensive scheme. Watson completed 53 percent of his preseason passes for two touchdowns and two interceptions at 6.7 yards per attempt. Watson can be stashed in deeper 12-team formats and all superflex leagues.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deshaun Watson to play in Week 13
Well, that's the other thing... in some leagues, you cant afford a loss on the cusp of the fantasy playoffs. Sometimes, the rose-colored fantasy glasses let you down.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the bitch of it in a redraft.

50/50, could be the call that gets you into the playoffs, maybe even ties the bow in a title. Or it could be the choice that puts you on the couch for the playoffs

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's the other thing... in some leagues, you cant afford a loss on the cusp of the fantasy playoffs. Sometimes, the rose-colored fantasy glasses let you down.

As a Browns fan unless you have a qb issue I'd suggest waiting on Watson

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 weeks of practice with the team but gameplay is so much different. I would have zero stock in him in a redraft this year. Dynasty is different obviously. I just hope Stefanski uses his strengths as long-term. Short-term the rust will be there