• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos realease Joe Mays?

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize everyone who follows the Broncos was surprised that Joe Mays wasn't cut a loooooong time ago because he was a liability when he was on the field, right?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree on the Abraham thing if I was sure if you could roll over the roll over money next year. If you can, then that money needs to be saved for future contracts. If it does not roll over, then there is no harm in bringing in John Abraham at the above stated $7-8 M and which then I would not be opposed to bringing him in on a one year contract. Unfortunately I do not possess the time or willpower to search through the CBA to figure that out or not (though I have asked a couple of people smarter in that sort of thing, but have not got a response yet).

I actually asked this same question one time to somebody a lot smarter than I on the CBA. From what I understand it can kind of work like last money saved from the season before can be considered first money spent the next year so any money left over then is considered only Roll Over from this year. I agree though if that is not true then spend it while you got it kind of thing.

Jasonhart maybe before you speak you should give your head just a few more seconds to think through what you are about to say. Please oh please research Peyton Manning's Contract at this time. He is not making $20 million as you seem to think. He did restructure his contract and is only making $17.5 million this season. Now before you come back with well he isn't really taking a pay cut because they just added it to the back side of the contract please remember that the reason teams backload a contract is because players will never see that money. Just like Joe Flacco's deal this year he really isn't going to make as much as the full contract is worth. They will restructure before he ever sees the big pay day years. The Way Manning's contract is set up is it is 5 1 year deals where each year the Broncos can pretty much decide whether to resign him or not. So again Manning did take a pay cut to help out with Cap Space.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually asked this same question one time to somebody a lot smarter than I on the CBA. From what I understand it can kind of work like last money saved from the season before can be considered first money spent the next year so any money left over then is considered only Roll Over from this year. I agree though if that is not true then spend it while you got it kind of thing.

Jasonhart maybe before you speak you should give your head just a few more seconds to think through what you are about to say. Please oh please research Peyton Manning's Contract at this time. He is not making $20 million as you seem to think. He did restructure his contract and is only making $17.5 million this season. Now before you come back with well he isn't really taking a pay cut because they just added it to the back side of the contract please remember that the reason teams backload a contract is because players will never see that money. Just like Joe Flacco's deal this year he really isn't going to make as much as the full contract is worth. They will restructure before he ever sees the big pay day years. The Way Manning's contract is set up is it is 5 1 year deals where each year the Broncos can pretty much decide whether to resign him or not. So again Manning did take a pay cut to help out with Cap Space.

I got the same answer that it does continue to rollover. So, I agree, save the money and help sign more of our upcoming FA's. Plus, we may see more room cleared up shortly once Chris Kuper is cleared of injury (if not this year, then I would expect next year based on Vasquez's performance).

Orange-and-Blue

Go Broncos!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This board was troll free for a long time. Please don't give them the satisfaction of a response. If you see his name just pass over the post. No reason to clutter up the board trying to reason with morons.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's where I got my cap space figures:

Denver Broncos - 2013 Salary Cap Breakdown

They already accounted for the changes due to the Mays transaction. Again, this is before signing Sylvester Williams (which I believe is still being worked out).

The answer I got was yes, it is a matter of interpretation of the Clady contract and will likely figure itself out in the coming weeks as the terms of the contract are made clearer.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This board was troll free for a long time. Please don't give them the satisfaction of a response. If you see his name just pass over the post. No reason to clutter up the board trying to reason with morons.

There's also a handy "Ignore" function that works well. Go to "User CP" and under "Settings" there's a link to your ignore list. Just add the name of the poster/troll/Tebowmaniac and you no longer see that person's post:yahoo:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also a handy "Ignore" function that works well. Go to "User CP" and under "Settings" there's a link to your ignore list. Just add the name of the poster/troll/Tebowmaniac and you no longer see that person's post:yahoo:
That is a very nice feature. Then a person is not even tempted to respond to the stupidity.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a very nice feature. Then a person is not even tempted to respond to the stupidity.

Yes, very nice. Buh bye ABF and Jasonhart, I would say it was a pleasure communicating with you over the years, but we all know that would be a lie.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you for the tip. Did not know that was there....consider it done.

No feeding the trolls is a much better policy.

Go Broncos!

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for the tip. Did not know that was there....consider it done.

No feeding the trolls is a much better policy.

Go Broncos!

Right! That's a sweet function. I'm really starting to like these boards :10:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 fools on the ignore list. Thanks for the info WalkerBoh.

Orange-and-Blue

Go Broncos!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good to know. I have jasonhart2217 on the ignore list so that solves part of the issue. I'll start adding the people who continually argue with him as well if it clutters the board. The enablers are just as guilty.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to know. I have jasonhart2217 on the ignore list so that solves part of the issue. I'll start adding the people who continually argue with him as well if it clutters the board. The enablers are just as guilty.
Depends..... if the responses are geared more towards the entertainment of the rest of the board at the expense of the trolls, there's value to be had there:D

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends..... if the responses are geared more towards the entertainment of the rest of the board at the expense of the trolls, there's value to be had there:D

only problem with the ignore is if someone else posts opinions of the people you don't want to see. other than that i think the feature's great...

jasonhart2217

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Donkey fans.....they don't like to deal with THE FACTS and then want to hide behind a moderator. LOL. Fact remains is that Tebow has one more Playoff games as the Donkey QB than Manning who got a full season as the starter. Manning FAILED like he did so many times in Indy. Deal with it!:doh: