• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Denver Broncos at Oakland Raiders

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m rooting for 8-8 to finish this awful season.

But like DC says if they lose this week it’ll take me as long as it takes to turn off the TV to get over it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven’t had a back to back losing seasons since 71-72 #keepthestreak

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Breaking the streak alone is grounds for firing VJ!
Having to call timeout after a 10 minute delay for the Taylor situation
Having 12 men on the field after a timeout

Take your pick . Many egregious bonehead moments to fire him for.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a QB plain and simple. Whatever means necessary to possibly secure one at this point should be our main focus.

Player(s) quit at San Fran. Why should we care. Lets just say 1st and 10 at the 10 down by 4 with 2 minutes to go. If they score great .If they don't great.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I root for my team through the good and the bad. I like draft picks though. Just not a fair weather fan like that. I don’t get nervous or angry in years like this but I do root for and not against the team I have rooted for since I was 6 years old. That’s me and my loyalty to the team I root for. I can’t speak for the players on the current team but my loyalty to Denver goes way further back then the current roster. It’s about the Denver Broncos, the history. Not caught up in individual players quitting that I can’t control. It’s about my loyalty to the team not about one season.
GoBroncos!!!

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for beating Oakland because they're the fucking Raiders and then losing to LA if it means the Chiefs don't win the division.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for beating Oakland because they're the fucking Raiders and then losing to LA if it means the Chiefs don't win the division.

This. Id much rather lose to the Chargers if I had to pick and it cost the Chiefs the division.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the rumors are true, and the Raiders are truly sour on Carr for whatever reason, should we be interested in trying to salvage his career. Can Kubiak fix him? And if the rumors are true, can Shanny fix him?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the rumors are true, and the Raiders are truly sour on Carr for whatever reason, should we be interested in trying to salvage his career. Can Kubiak fix him? And if the rumors are true, can Shanny fix him?
I would say yes.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things that are always true for me.

Draft = Crap Shoot
Beating the Raiders = Joy

Crap shoot for sure but history shows if you want a QBOTF who consistently makes the playoffs best to select him in top 11.

2 game difference is about 6-8 spots in the draft

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are not the first to wonder about this stuff. How awesome would it be to salvage Carr and turn him into a top flight QB? While the Raiders promote Peterman from their practice squad and appoint him starter!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. Id much rather lose to the Chargers if I had to pick and it cost the Chiefs the division.

I won’t be rooting for the Chargers but honestly I think they put a hurtin’ on us to close out the season. Broncos finish 7-9. Chargers 13-3, Chiefs 12-4 (I’m assuming they lose @ Seahawks this week.) chiefs will be one-n-done in the playoffs, but Chargers have a legit shot at a Super Bowl run.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will root for the Broncos to win every game. I do believe there is something to be said for the momentum of a win or two to end the year to build momentum into next year.

As far as the QB situation I think we need to roll with Keenum next year, but all for bringing in a vet or drafting a guy in the middle rounds to compete with him. I would not be opposed to extending him for a 3rd year but reducing his cap number for next year. Let's say 2 years 26 million This will provide some flexibility going forward, and a safety net if the the rookie QB fails to work out again.

I know some of you are sour on Keenum, but I think he is better then a lot of QBs that could be available, and with a proper offensive game play could be successful. I am not impressed with either of our coordinators, and hope they follow Vance out the door after the Chargers game.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I root for my team through the good and the bad. I like draft picks though. Just not a fair weather fan like that. I don’t get nervous or angry in years like this but I do root for and not against the team I have rooted for since I was 6 years old. That’s me and my loyalty to the team I root for. I can’t speak for the players on the current team but my loyalty to Denver goes way further back then the current roster. It’s about the Denver Broncos, the history. Not caught up in individual players quitting that I can’t control. It’s about my loyalty to the team not about one season.
GoBroncos!!!
You think I’m 2011 there was not a “suck for luck “ mindset for Elway

His expressions every time they panned to him was classic “ugh”

I know Case is not the answer and after 3 years of sucking the QB has to pull us out

As Elway would say “good for you bud”

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rooting is different than investing
Over the last 20 years I’ve invested $40K in the Broncos and will continue to invest.

I know this parade of QBs post manning is not good enough

The fastest way to change this culture is to have a Qb change the culture and look at the QBs consisteently have their teams in the hunt

Where were they drafted?

And Brady was a unicorn

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Case is more than capable of leading and winning in Denver. There are a number of factors that made him successful last season, that Bill Musgrave refuses to do.

1. Roll outs and bootlegs. Case is one of the best in the nfl, and we rarely do this.

2. Run the ball. Musgrave gives up way to fast on the run, and without it Case cant do play acgion, another of his strengths.

3. Limit deep passes, focus on outs, hooks and crossing patterns. Bill calls too much vertical shit, which requires deeper drops, and an adequate o line.

Id be more than willing to see Case keep going here, and build around him. But considering our cap issues 4-5 years out, Id like to get a QBOTF in the next 3 years.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes At this point, the streak is worth rooting for. We wont be in a premium pick anyways (unlike last year) and with our SOS we may not move any higher even with loses.