• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dbacks Trade Deadline Thread

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post here all trades or rumors involving the Dbacks. Also use this thread to discuss your thoughts on players who could potentially be traded.

My list of players who should be traded for anything:

-Hellickson
-Perez
-Hill
-Pennington
-Reed

My list of players who should only be traded for a very good return:

-Ziegler
-Peralta
-O'Brien

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suns7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to sports talk today and It was said Reed is pitching really well right now. Hopefully that could garner some extra trade interest.

I think everyone is hating on Hellickson a bit much. He is doing what I expected him to do. He's 5 maybe fringe 4 in a rotation and if we could get a nice 1 and maybe a 2 he'd be good in the rotation.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, Hellickson would be a good fit at the back of the rotation if we a had a solid rotation & he wasn't expensive. He is going into his last year of arbitration & will likely command a salary in the $7 mil range. I can't see a team like the Dbacks spending that kind of money on a back of the rotation arm. We already have 3-4 other candidates to fill those spots next season.

We aren't contending this season or the next. Why not trade him for some assets, clear the logjam, & free up some money?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to trade Peralta unless it's really too good to be true.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post here all trades or rumors involving the Dbacks. Also use this thread to discuss your thoughts on players who could potentially be traded.

My list of players who should be traded for anything:

-Hellickson
-Perez
-Hill
-Pennington
-Reed

My list of players who should only be traded for a very good return:

-Ziegler
-Peralta
-O'Brien
Paul Goldschmidt would get the best return.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Diamondbacks are looking into trading for Cole Hamels and Aroldis Chapman per media reports. I say go all out and get both of them. The team has been lacking top marquee pitching talent for so long it is time they get some serious upgrades.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Diamondbacks are looking into trading for Cole Hamels and Aroldis Chapman per media reports. I say go all out and get both of them. The team has been lacking top marquee pitching talent for so long it is time they get some serious upgrades.

Getting both would make sense, one or the other not so much. This team desperately needs a true closer (love Ziggy but he's better as a set-up or 7th inning guy) and a true ace. Adding Hamels and Chapman this year would give us an outside shot of making a run for that last WC spot (unlikely) but the main thing is they'd both be under control beyond this season so it would be a move for the future as well.

I'm sure Philly is interested in someone like Bradley/Shipley along with an OF like Inciarte/Peralta/O'Brien and Chris Owings possibly. They'll get two top 5 prospects and 1 MLB-ready player that is young is my guess whether it's from us or someone else.

For Chapman I expect it to be a top notch prospect as well. Neither will come cheap.

All that being said I doubt we land either, because well…. we are the Diamondbacks. We'll probably end up trading Ziegler and Shipley for some gritty middle-aged infielder to shed salary. Sigh.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All quiet on the trade front.

I guess not making a trade is better than making a bad trade. But I do expect some minor moves before all is said & done.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go.

I wonder what the package could be. You would have to think the price tag would be pretty high. I hope it's none of the top 3 arms or Drury.

Edit: Hmm, I can't see the embed tweet. If no one can see it, it says the Dbacks are awaiting word from the Reds on their trade proposal for Chapman.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go.

I wonder what the package could be. You would have to think the price tag would be pretty high. I hope it's none of the top 3 arms or Drury.

Edit: Hmm, I can't see the embed tweet. If no one can see it, it says the Dbacks are awaiting word from the Reds on their trade proposal for Chapman.
I can see it. Aroldis Chapman would be awesome.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks the Chapman offer was Shipley plus 1 or 2 other top 10 players. I guess O'Brien might have been in the deal.

I would rather stand put than do that deal.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's sounds like we were the ones that backed out when after we heard their price.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This organization blows me away with their moves. Failing to acquire anything at the deadline cements the Touki Toussaint deal as one of the worst salary dumps in sports history. Tony La Russa specifically mentioned the Toussaint deal this week on the radio saying it adds another ten million dollars to the pot (La Russa's words). Well they did nothing. How does that salary dump look now?

And for the record, I think the opportunity to get a MEGA SUPERSTAR like Chapman without having to give up anyone on the current MLB roster including Archie Bradley is totally worth it.

I bet Jerry Colangelo would have made this deal. I bet Colangelo would not have traded Toussaint to save 10 million dollars. Chapman would have instantly made the team far more relevant and sold thousands of tickets. You think people give a damn about coming to the ballpark to watch prospects like Shipley, Drury, or some other prospect? Yeah right. Would people pay money to see Chapman? Oh yeah! Too bad they could not close the deal. A deal like this would have been a true game changer.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This organization blows me away with their moves. Failing to acquire anything at the deadline cements the Touki Toussaint deal as one of the worst salary dumps in sports history. Tony La Russa specifically mentioned the Toussaint deal this week on the radio saying it adds another ten million dollars to the pot (La Russa's words). Well they did nothing. How does that salary dump look now?

And for the record, I think the opportunity to get a MEGA SUPERSTAR like Chapman without having to give up anyone on the current MLB roster including Archie Bradley is totally worth it.

I bet Jerry Colangelo would have made this deal. I bet Colangelo would not have traded Toussaint to save 10 million dollars. Chapman would have instantly made the team far more relevant and sold thousands of tickets. You think people give a damn about coming to the ballpark to watch prospects like Shipley, Drury, or some other prospect? Yeah right. Would people pay money to see Chapman? Oh yeah! Too bad they could not close the deal. A deal like this would have been a true game changer.

Colangelo would have traded every prospect we had. And then differed all the salary over 10 years for all the players he signed. Thus leaving us to looking like 2004-06 for half a decade after a few season.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colangelo would have traded every prospect we had. And then differed all the salary over 10 years for all the players he signed. Thus leaving us to looking like 2004-06 for half a decade after a few season.

You are not happy with the 2001 championship? Not happy with Randy Johnson going into the Hall of Fame as a Diamondback? Because Colangelo is 100% responsible for that. Johnson even just said that during his speech that he came to the Diamondbacks because of Colangelo. And Colangelo brought baseball to Arizona. What has Kendrick ever done for this organization? Two fluke playoff appearances and a bunch of last place finishes for a decade. What free agents of significance have signed with the Diamondbacks since Colangelo was forced out? Not one player I can think of.

Moreso, the Diamondbacks AND Suns have both failed to sign one major free agent since Colangelo owned those teams. Colangelo was their to sign Steve Nash. That was the last marquee free agent the Suns got. It was the last marquee free agent that has come to Arizona for a very long time.