• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dbacks Opening Day "25" Man Roster

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-backs announce 2014 Opening Day roster

The Opening Day roster includes 12 pitchers, 2 catchers, 7 infielders and 4 outfielders:

Pitchers (12): Trevor Cahill, Josh Collmenter, Randall Delgado, Will Harris, David Hernandez, Wade Miley, Oliver Perez, J.J. Putz, Addison Reed, Bo Schultz, Joe Thatcher and Brad Ziegler.

Catchers (2): Tuffy Gosewisch and Miguel Montero.

Infielders (7): Eric Chavez, Paul Goldschmidt, Didi Gregorius, Aaron Hill, Chris Owings, Cliff Pennington and Martin Prado.

Outfielders (4): Tony Campana, Gerardo Parra, A.J. Pollock and Mark Trumbo.

Inactive (3): Bronson Arroyo, Patrick Corbin and Brandon McCarthy.

Traveling Party Inactive (5): Henry Blanco, Archie Bradley, Charles Brewer, Ryan Rowland-Smith and Zeke Spruill.

15-Day Disabled list (2):

• Matt Reynolds (Tommy John surgery, retroactive to March 19)

• Cody Ross (dislocated right hip, retroactive to March 19)

Here are few thoughts I have:

Owings/Didi - I wasn't surprised by the decision to keep both guys on the 25 man roster after Tuiasosopo was released. Owings looks like he will get the majority of time at SS to start the season.

Henry Blanco - With him not being on the the 25 man roster, it looks like he will end up being the assistant hitting coach once the regular season starts back here in the states. I could be wrong, but signs are pointing to that way

Cody Ross - I am not surprised he is starting on the on the 15 day DL retro to 3/19. That means he can come off it for out "first" road series in Col on April 4th.

Tony Campana - I had a feeling all along he would be on the 25 man roster. He does too many of the needed little things not to be on this roster. I doubt he will be sent down to Reno when Ross is healthy. I think he stays & Didi or Owings is sent to reno then.

SP/BP - The Australian trip makes it impossible to figure out what the final makeup of the rotation & BP will be. But if I had to guess, Delgado will be in the rotation, Schultz to Reno, & either Hatcher traded or released top open up the 2 roster spots for McCarthy & Arroyo. That is if Arroyo doesn't end up on the DL as well. That just leave Corbin to go on the DL.

Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your posts are so hard to follow up, mike! They make me feel like a simpleton!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry Blanco has a hitting coach? Might as well make Trevor Cahill a pitching coach.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the official 25 man roster to start the season in the US.

Bj_8f3PCMAAyCj4.jpg

Only surprise that I see is Rowland-Smith making the roster. I imagine that when Ross is ready, Rowland-Smith will be sent down.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Skaggs will become the best player out of the Trumbo trade and that we will regret trading him. He struggled a bit in spring but changed his mechanics and has his fastball up to 95 to go with that nasty curve.