• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas week???

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest about Dallas week. Outside of the great 70's and 80's years, we have been chasing them with respect to winning seasons. To be sure there's the whole sad western bend to it, but I'll bet that since that time the "rivalry" has been more one sided than we wish it to have been. Now during a bad season for the entire division, we find ourselves in the unusual position of having our season "spoiled" by them. Maybe their fans will take great solace in doing that or maybe we'll embarrass them further on Monday night and begin anew what once was a great hate/hate relationship.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lest you weren't born yet or have forgotten...some of the roots of the Cowboy/Redskin rivalry. Sadly, I don't get as excited for these games as I used to.

I remember very well. Unfortunately I received some fake flowers from my friends here in big D also. However it was the George era which displayed the most hate for the cowboys for me. To be a redskin fan in big D was very challenging and physical during this time. I MEAN IT WAS PURE HATE. Having my car spray painted with shaving cream saying cowboys etc. But it is not like what it used to be now. They still dislike the Skins here but nothing like the span of George Allen which was and always will be my favorite era.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember very well. Unfortunately I received some fake flowers from my friends here in big D also. However it was the George era which displayed the most hate for the cowboys for me. To be a redskin fan in big D was very challenging and physical during this time. I MEAN IT WAS PURE HATE. Having my car spray painted with shaving cream saying cowboys etc. But it is not like what it used to be now. They still dislike the Skins here but nothing like the span of George Allen which was and always will be my favorite era.

100% dead on accurate....even Captain America had hate for George and his mouth piece...D. Talbert (ex Texas longhorn and obvious Oilers fan growing up)
In those days, Dallas's practice field was next to a 3 story hotel and Landry would rent all the rooms during "Washington week" for fear old George had a camera filming his practice from a hotel window.

Buddy Ryan ran a close second for awhile, but nobody has topped George Allen as public enemy number 1 for most long time Dallas fans

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen certainly cultivated and created the hysteria with/against Dallas. There was no other time like that. They hated each other.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason or Keenan in...Riley out.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
off topic but made me laugh...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From days past...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So DJax sat out with some kind of respitory illness today but is probable for Mon Night.
Mason will replace Riley @ ILB
We waived Trenton with injury as he retweaked his hammy this week.