• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the oil situation being what it is, OKC's ability to compete in the FA market is going to be extremely volatile. They can't compete with other big markets, though they do a great job supporting the team. Okc is gonna have to hope they hit on some superstar prospects because the Durant/Westbrook tandem is gone for good I'd bet.

OKC had a good run, and their guys just couldn't get it done.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the mavs..... I'd sign Gerald Green and try to trade for Tristan Thompson. That would give them a starting lineup of : Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Green, and Bogut

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the mavs..... I'd sign Gerald Green and try to trade for Tristan Thompson. That would give them a starting lineup of : Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Green, and Bogut

Trade what? Not sure Curry is a starter even on this team

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade what? Not sure Curry is a starter even on this team

It was a joke.... That was the Warriors starting lineup last year. Steph curry, Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, Draymond green, and Andrew Bogut

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a joke.... That was the Warriors starting lineup last year. Steph curry, Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, Draymond green, and Andrew Bogut

yeah Mavs trying to lock up another 8 seed

not sure the point except to try and keep Dirk around and sell some tickets I guess

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Mavs trying to lock up another 8 seed

not sure the point except to try and keep Dirk around and sell some tickets I guess

You could argue that most teams are in a " pointless position". Golden states super team is scary as hell.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hometown discount no more: Nowitzki, Mavs reportedly agree to 2 years, $40M
Dallas finally gave its star a deserved pay bump

Report: Mavs, Barnes agree to $94M deal
The Dallas Mavericks and future Hall of Fame power forward Dirk Nowitizki have agreed to a two-year, $40 million deal, according a report by ESPN's Marc Stein.

For years, Nowitzki gave the Mavs a hometown discount. Coming off a four-year deal in 2014 that paid him $20 million-plus per season, Nowitzki signed a three-year, $25 million deal. The idea was to give the Mavs flexibility to bolster the roster for his final few seasons. They signed Chandler Parsons and Wesley Matthews. They nearly signed DeAndre Jordan. But they could never get the big free agent.

So the Mavericks are giving back in what will probably be the final contract of Nowitzki's career, handing the German legend 250 percent raise over his previous contract.

The Mavs have had a productive offseason but not exactly what they were hoping for. They couldn't get Hassan Whiteside, Parsons or Mike Conley. But they've taken advantage of the Kevin Durant-to-Golden State news by acquiring Andrew Bogut as their starting center and signing Harrison Barnes after he became an unrestricted free agent. They've also re-signed Dwight Powell and Deron Williams, while luring Seth Curry on a two-year deal.

They're doing their best to keep the roster competitive for Nowitzki's final run, and -- in offering the same contract Miami threw at Dwyane Wade -- giving him a nice pay bump to boot.

dirknowitzki.jpg
Dirk Nowitzki isn't going anywhere.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of the barnes signing at all but. Bogut is a big get for you guys defensively. He has elite impact on the defensive side, good passer, rebounder, shot blocker. I think hes going to erase a lot of defensive mistakes for you guys. Good get for you

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Mavs clear cap space, trade big man Jeremy Evans to the Pacers
Indiana acquires an athletic center

Barkley no fan of Durant decision
Yahoo Sports reports that the Pacers have traded cash to the Dallas Mavericks for forward/center Jeremy Evans. The move clears a bit more cap space for the Mavericks as they continue to reconfigure around Harrison Barnes and Andrew Bogut.

The Pacers get a former dunk contestant participant who's a spot-minutes guy who can block some shots and finish in the pick and roll. At age 28 his upside is mostly over, but in Nate McMillan's system, he might be able to get some traction and minutes for a team that's low on quality big depth. They needed some athleticism behind Al Jefferson who they signed as a free agent.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Mavs clear cap space, trade big man Jeremy Evans to the Pacers
Indiana acquires an athletic center

Barkley no fan of Durant decision
Yahoo Sports reports that the Pacers have traded cash to the Dallas Mavericks for forward/center Jeremy Evans. The move clears a bit more cap space for the Mavericks as they continue to reconfigure around Harrison Barnes and Andrew Bogut.

The Pacers get a former dunk contestant participant who's a spot-minutes guy who can block some shots and finish in the pick and roll. At age 28 his upside is mostly over, but in Nate McMillan's system, he might be able to get some traction and minutes for a team that's low on quality big depth. They needed some athleticism behind Al Jefferson who they signed as a free agent.
Charles did the same thing, so he can shut his fat mouth. He chased a ring in Houston and it didn't work.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles did the same thing, so he can shut his fat mouth. He chased a ring in Houston and it didn't work.
He sure did, so he comes off as very hypocritical here.

However, his point remains valid in that before today's weaker generation of players came around, very few players "cheated" to get rings. There was no shortcut or teaming up to form super teams. Call me old fashioned or stuck in the past, but I prefer the NBA of the 70's-90's when there was far less roster movement and there were actual dynasties and static rosters. There was a LOT more parity in the league with multiple teams with a chance at the title. Plus real rivalries were formed. Bulls-Knicks. Lakers-Celtics. 76ers-Celtics. Bulls-Hawks. Pistons-Everybody. Nowadays, each offseason is almost like a re-draft of half of the league, with some rosters turning over entirely. It makes it a lot more difficult to create intense rivalries with players always changing teams.

Bottom line though is that it is creating a situation of 3-4 dream teams and 26 other teams who know they have no chance from the start. It will either be the Warriors, Cavs, Spurs, or possibly (doubtfully) Clippers winning it all next season. No one else even comes close. The NBA is far more top-heavy than any other league now by far.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree to an extent, there's a difference between chasing a ring in your prime like Durant, Lebron and others and one when you're in the twilight of your career to me, maybe not to you but to me

Barkley essentially forcing a trade Philly to a team of current & former All-Stars in Phoenix is a better comparison, but also different b/c it was a trade

Shaquille O'Neal is one that's done something closer to this to me

Not really worth a debate, no one is probably changing their mind on this

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

However, his point remains valid in that before today's weaker generation of players came around, very few players "cheated" to get rings. There was no shortcut or teaming up to form super teams. Call me old fashioned or stuck in the past, but I prefer the NBA of the 70's-90's when there was far less roster movement and there were actual dynasties and static rosters. There was a LOT more parity in the league with multiple teams with a chance at the title. Plus real rivalries were formed. Bulls-Knicks. Lakers-Celtics. 76ers-Celtics. Bulls-Hawks. Pistons-Everybody. Nowadays, each offseason is almost like a re-draft of half of the league, with some rosters turning over entirely. It makes it a lot more difficult to create intense rivalries with players always changing teams.

Bottom line though is that it is creating a situation of 3-4 dream teams and 26 other teams who know they have no chance from the start. It will either be the Warriors, Cavs, Spurs, or possibly (doubtfully) Clippers winning it all next season. No one else even comes close. The NBA is far more top-heavy than any other league now by far.

Agreed about free agency today versus the old days

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's only possible because the individual player max portion of the salary cap. if players were allowed to get their market value, then teams would not be able to afford a team full of all stars. The current CBA allowed this to happen, and raising the cap so high will only make it worse.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree to an extent, there's a difference between chasing a ring in your prime like Durant, Lebron and others and one when you're in the twilight of your career to me, maybe not to you but to me

Barkley essentially forcing a trade Philly to a team of current & former All-Stars in Phoenix is a better comparison, but also different b/c it was a trade

Shaquille O'Neal is one that's done something closer to this to me

Not really worth a debate, no one is probably changing their mind on this
Things that tick me off is when a player like Fisher quit on a team and make excuses for why they quit then hook up with a contending team or a guy like Ray Allen who may come out of retirement and play with a contender.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things that tick me off is when a player like Fisher quit on a team and make excuses for why they quit then hook up with a contending team or a guy like Ray Allen who may come out of retirement and play with a contender.
Derek Fisher is one of the all-time biggest scumbags in pro sports. He signed with the Mavs when nobody else really wanted him. Then he didn't like playing for a losing team, so he used his daughter's CANCER to talk Cuban into letting him go spend time with her. Then he turns right around just days later and signs with OKC because they were a contender.

Then as if that weren't enough, he goes and starts banging his friend and former teammate's ex-wife.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Fisher is one of the all-time biggest scumbags in pro sports. He signed with the Mavs when nobody else really wanted him. Then he didn't like playing for a losing team, so he used his daughter's CANCER to talk Cuban into letting him go spend time with her. Then he turns right around just days later and signs with OKC because they were a contender.

Then as if that weren't enough, he goes and starts banging his friend and former teammate's ex-wife.

At least he didn't win a championship after he ditched you guys. I always rooted against him. He thought he was a big shot because Shaquille and Kobe carried him to titles, but he isn't anything special.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think this is that sorry season we've been hoping the Mavericks would have for a while.

There's a handful of talented young players to build around (albeit with flaws for now for sure), and a couple veteran guys that might fetch something at the deadline

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think this is that sorry season we've been hoping the Mavericks would have for a while.

There's a handful of talented young players to build around (albeit with flaws for now for sure), and a couple veteran guys that might fetch something at the deadline
They've needed it for a while. They are not cohevise at all. Cmon good lottery pick.