• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cuts

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, no real surprises.

We'll see what they do on the waiver wire. This is just the 1st wave of moves.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Morning Nyc GIF by Coming to America

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, all the guys that got the most time during the preseason are cuts..... I think it's pretty clear that we only play preseason games to give guys chances to make other teams.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, I had a friend talking about how they needed to play the starters more so that we could win a certain preseason game...

some people never learn.

this sport is one of the most injury-prone sports there is next to parachutless sky diving.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, all the guys that got the most time during the preseason are cuts..... I think it's pretty clear that we only play preseason games to give guys chances to make other teams.
Yeah, the roster is deep. Guys are fighting for spots 50-53...so, you have to go out there and really show out. Not just in the games, but in how you prep every day. That carries a lot more weight than what happens in a pre-season game to most coaches. A lot of the fringe guys on the roster are 2-3-4 year guys, so you really have to make noise in all facets of the pre-season to take one of those spots.

I think many of us are still getting used to the fact that there aren't a ton of position battles for starters with the depth of this team...

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, I had a friend talking about how they needed to play the starters more so that we could win a certain preseason game...

some people never learn.

this sport is one of the most injury-prone sports there is next to parachutless sky diving.
Couldn't care much less about W/L in the pre-season, but I do think there is absolute value in getting your starters live game reps to prepare them for the season.

Injuries are always going to occur, and it's just a fact of life in sports. I'll argue that putting guys out there week 1 having not played in any actual game setting is nearly as adverse as an injury risk as playing 10-15 snaps in a pre-season game, or two.

You hear players talk about it all the time....there is an absolute difference, even in the pre-season, to games. Walking into week 1 with starters who haven't played in a game since January of last year is not ideal, IMO...especially at some spots where you still have had some movement over the off-season (OL notably).

FWIW - Lou played his starting D...and I think we can all agree there are less questions about the D as a whole than the offense with the OL, RB, and Burrow calf (meaning potential backup who got 0 snaps with any starter outside of Jonah).