• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cuts and or pickups

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on the lions board

The Chicago Tribune's Rich Campbell confirms Bears OLB Willie Young is on the roster bubble.

Young is coming back from a Week 16 torn Achilles' and trying to adjust to a 3-4 defense after spending his entire career in a 4-3. The scheme change is what's hurting him. Young led the Bears with 10 sacks last season, but Chicago is getting OLB Lamarr Houston back from injury and signed OLB Pernell McPhee. As long as Young is healthy, he'd be a hot name should he be part of final cuts.

Source: Rich Campbell on Twitter

Trade a 7th rounder for him.

Willie Young was the one guy I thought had the speed to turn into the OLB.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Not very surprised to hear. One of the OLBs was going, and for Allen's dead money cost, no way it was him. Cutting Willie would save us a couple million against the cap. His dead charge is $1.4 mil. Only 4-3 teams I'd say have some need of DE are Jax (who have nothing of value I'd want in return that's something they would consider trading), Oakland (who almost certainly won't trade, I'm sure they kept cap powder dry to sign castoffs around league), and maybe Atlanta wants a 3rd DE (but they probably won't give up more than peanuts for that).

Oh wait....there is one more: the New York Giants, thanks to the 4th of July. The Giants would make the most sense, although I don't know what they'd trade us for a guy coming off an injury. Probably not much.

Probably Willie just gets cut.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's disappointing, but Willie makes the most sense to go. I liked him last year. One of the few bright spots, until the injury.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense might be worse than last years defense...Shea is not a play calling LBer. He pretty much sucks at everything he is asked to do......too late now I suppose to get rid of him.......maybe we are doing a Colts thing and trying for the #1pick

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have a hard time seeing us be worse on D than the last two years. What does that even mean? Does that means teams will drop 50 on us regularly? Does that mean 3rd and 4th down will not be needed by opposing teams? If this D is worse than the last two years, we will not win a game.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well RGIII is officially backup to Cousins now. Apparently the GM has tried to trade RGIII, but ownership wont allow it and there are not many takers since RG is owed 16 million this year.

I guess it could be worse here.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have a hard time seeing us be worse on D than the last two years. What does that even mean? Does that means teams will drop 50 on us regularly? Does that mean 3rd and 4th down will not be needed by opposing teams? If this D is worse than the last two years, we will not win a game.
I'm sure you said the same thing after the 2013 worse defense