• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current, former players shocked Lamar is not getting more interest

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Ravens basically paid the guy top dollar to put butts in the seats and get fans excited and create fantasy football revenue but not to win championships is my take. Same boat as before with maybe get to the playoffs, maybe win one game in the playoffs depending on the match-up and hope he can last a full season to get to that point. And all within the next 3-4 years because after that, barring some drastic turnaround by him, they have a running QB who can no longer run.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the 8th or 9th person now to explain this to shopson. He doesn't have a coherent logical position on the topic, but he's going to keep it.
Funny, sure looks like I was right. How about that...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, sure looks like I was right. How about that...
Lamar is still more likely to get injured than the pocket passers. What do you think was proven right?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3.9 seconds to throw in 2nd half of Chiefs game.

Dude is a clinical playoff choker. He cannot execute when he has to throw.

This will always be a thing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't the Ravens run the ball more?
Its a great question. My personal reaction to the game is that I think the Ravens wanted to prove that Lamar could outplay Mahomes. Like how the Bills ran a dumb fake punt to Damar Hamlin to have a big moment.

Its possible that the Ravens saw the Chiefs crowd the line a lot and thought they could win over the top. It honestly doesn't make much sense. The Bills had Josh Allen and went 'lets run the ball a lot because thats the smart play' and they did a lot more on offense.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Ravens basically paid the guy top dollar to put butts in the seats and get fans excited and create fantasy football revenue but not to win championships is my take. Same boat as before with maybe get to the playoffs, maybe win one game in the playoffs depending on the match-up and hope he can last a full season to get to that point. And all within the next 3-4 years because after that, barring some drastic turnaround by him, they have a running QB who can no longer run.

I mean......so far.......this is spot on accurate. ^^^^^^^^^^

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a great question. My personal reaction to the game is that I think the Ravens wanted to prove that Lamar could outplay Mahomes. Like how the Bills ran a dumb fake punt to Damar Hamlin to have a big moment.
We all saw how that worked out with the Pete and the Seahawks in the SB. Can't let your emotions or your favorites get in the way of the outcome.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its possible that the Ravens saw the Chiefs crowd the line a lot and thought they could win over the top. It honestly doesn't make much sense. The Bills had Josh Allen and went 'lets run the ball a lot because thats the smart play' and they did a lot more on offense.

well

they proved the opposite then

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well

they proved the opposite then
They did. Its entirely possible that if Flowers never fumbles that Lamar never gets exposed and possibly goes on to win a ring.

Its hard for me to say that Lamar Jackson isnt a top 6 QB. Lamar and Mahomes are both MVP level QBs when playing with a lead. When playing from behind I think there is a notable gap.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think Jackson was worth the contract money he agreed to in 2023, and I still don't. However, I clearly undervalued him, by a large margin. Congrats to him on yet another MVP candidate worthy season.

He's a tremendous player and athlete, but he's not a QB i'd want if the team is losing late in a game. That's not to say losing was his fault. The Ravens picked a bad time to lose discipline. The 4 X 15 yard penalties hurt, as did the 'hero stretching for the goal-line' fumble. Then again Jackson isn't a team leader in such matters.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lamar,s great but ran into a defense that flat out prepared for him.spags has done this awhile.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a Lamar problem (exclusively) - it's a Harbaugh problem. If they're down by 10+ in the 2nd half, it's almost a guaranteed loss. This has been the Ravens problem since before Lamar was even drafted. They don't build this team to make comebacks (though I do feel they were a little better about that this year)

Abandoning the running game has been a consistent narrative in most of their losses (regular season and playoffs). Hell, look at last years playoff game without Lamar. JK and the RBs were easily the biggest playmakers in the 1st half. They got little to no touches in the 2nd half of a close game. Decided to put the game in the hands of Huntley who cost them at the goal line.

Happened his rookie season, happened in 2019, happened this year. Opposing team scores first, and they act like they're down 3 scores. At that point Lamar is expected to play hero ball the whole game which has now been proven to be a losing proposition.

Makes no sense to intentionally build a run heavy team, then completely abandon it the moment you fall behind in a playoff game. While Lamar can certainly do better, I feel like the coaching staff sets him up for failure more often than not in these situations. It's a team game - get the whole fucking team involved.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lamar,s great but ran into a defense that flat out prepared for him.spags has done this awhile.

It's also unfortunate that they had to play one of the 2 teams Lamar has historically had trouble with (pretty sure the Chiefs and Steelers are the only 2 teams he has a losing record with)

But yeah, Spags is definitely a HOF D coordinator

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If that was their plan, it would have been incredibly stupid even if it worked
A good run game is one of your best weapons against Mahomes.
Running milks the clock and keeps the ball - which equals the less drives Mahomes has to score on you
Not to mention it helping your pass game in the process

I can count on one hand how many teams have beat Mahomes in a shootout