• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crabtree and the Raiders closing in on a deal

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't like this addition.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't as explosive as he used to be but the guy is still serviceable. I would say he makes a decent #3 type receiver for a team. If he is expected to be your #1 though Carr could be in some trouble once again this year.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree is a solid 2.. And if the dude is 100% healthy, a poor mans 1.. His job is to catch the ball and score TDs!! Nothing else matters..

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is the guy you want around a young QB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree is a solid 2.. And if the dude is 100% healthy, a poor mans 1.. His job is to catch the ball and score TDs!! Nothing else matters..

The question is though is he any good at that? He has had one good year where he had 1100 yards and 9 touchdowns but otherwise he has been below average as a receiver in his career. Throw in the fact that he had the Achilles injury which is still a big deal for a football player and I just don't think he is anything close to being an 1100 yard 9 touchdown type guy. Now to me a good #2 that is about the stats you expect from them anymore and since he has only done that once in six years it is why he falls into the #3 type category for a receiver.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is though is he any good at that? He has had one good year where he had 1100 yards and 9 touchdowns but otherwise he has been below average as a receiver in his career. Throw in the fact that he had the Achilles injury which is still a big deal for a football player and I just don't think he is anything close to being an 1100 yard 9 touchdown type guy. Now to me a good #2 that is about the stats you expect from them anymore and since he has only done that once in six years it is why he falls into the #3 type category for a receiver.
cd, Crabtree is a big game player.. Dude is a gamer.. Being hurt last year on a team that fell apart robbed him.. Again, is Crabtree some beast WR?? Im not sure, but the dude is a big game player.. We as fans get caught up on the, is he a 1 2 3 WR!! Crabtree is not here for that.. Catch balls and score TDs is what he is here for.. Reggie gave him a GREAT deal!! Catch balls and TDs and MAKE more money!! A 100% healthy Crabtree with a monster chip on his shoulder is a good thing for the Raiders.. Let's now see if we add to our core come draft time..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, Crabtree is a big game player.. Dude is a gamer.. Being hurt last year on a team that fell apart robbed him.. Again, is Crabtree some beast WR?? Im not sure, but the dude is a big game player.. We as fans get caught up on the, is he a 1 2 3 WR!! Crabtree is not here for that.. Catch balls and score TDs is what he is here for.. Reggie gave him a GREAT deal!! Catch balls and TDs and MAKE more money!! A 100% healthy Crabtree with a monster chip on his shoulder is a good thing for the Raiders.. Let's now see if we add to our core come draft time..

I actually have this as one of the Raiders better signings of the off season. I like Crabtree and I think he helps your offense but he is not some big time receiver. Look at the deals some of these other guys were getting that put up #2 type receiver stats in the $11 million range. Now given they are at the top of the #2 receiver range with Maclin and Cobb but there is a reason that Crabtree was on the market for so long. He is a decent receiver but not a game changer. I'm not sure how you can call him a big game player when the guy didn't even have a single 100 yard game this last season and throw in he was in the top-10 for drops this last year. That doesn't scream game changer to me. Throw in you would think being a full year removed from his major injury he would start showing signs of improvement as this last season went on and if anything he regressed.

Again he is a decent receiver but even when he was fully healthy before his injury he was considered an above average receiver. His best year in the NFL barely puts him in the top-20 for this last season among receivers. To me that doesn't scream game changer. Again he is a decent compliment but if he is relied on as the top receiver for the Raiders then they are in trouble at the WR position. There is reason that even after signing Crabtree people still think the Raiders are going receiver in the top-5.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have this as one of the Raiders better signings of the off season. I like Crabtree and I think he helps your offense but he is not some big time receiver. Look at the deals some of these other guys were getting that put up #2 type receiver stats in the $11 million range. Now given they are at the top of the #2 receiver range with Maclin and Cobb but there is a reason that Crabtree was on the market for so long. He is a decent receiver but not a game changer. I'm not sure how you can call him a big game player when the guy didn't even have a single 100 yard game this last season and throw in he was in the top-10 for drops this last year. That doesn't scream game changer to me. Throw in you would think being a full year removed from his major injury he would start showing signs of improvement as this last season went on and if anything he regressed.

Again he is a decent receiver but even when he was fully healthy before his injury he was considered an above average receiver. His best year in the NFL barely puts him in the top-20 for this last season among receivers. To me that doesn't scream game changer. Again he is a decent compliment but if he is relied on as the top receiver for the Raiders then they are in trouble at the WR position. There is reason that even after signing Crabtree people still think the Raiders are going receiver in the top-5.
cd, dont get caught up on the stats to much.. Crabtree has played in more big games than most WRs out there.. Big Game player.. Again cd, you trippin on the 1 2 3 WR thing.. The dude is just here to catch balls and TDs, in which i think he can do.. And ya man.. WR is still mocked to the Raiders.. Crabtree is on a 1 year prove it deal, Streater and JJ FAs next year.. Shoot im still on that Coop train ain't nothing changed.. Heck you guys are pretty deep at WR and still took WR with your 2nd last year.. You can never have enough WRs..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, dont get caught up on the stats to much.. Crabtree has played in more big games than most WRs out there.. Big Game player.. Again cd, you trippin on the 1 2 3 WR thing.. The dude is just here to catch balls and TDs, in which i think he can do.. And ya man.. WR is still mocked to the Raiders.. Crabtree is on a 1 year prove it deal, Streater and JJ FAs next year.. Shoot im still on that Coop train ain't nothing changed.. Heck you guys are pretty deep at WR and still took WR with your 2nd last year.. You can never have enough WRs..

I'm not completely caught up in the stats but they do help to paint a picture of a decent receiver who can do well for the Raiders. I've seen enough of Crabtree to know the kid has some skills that you will be happy with but he isn't a guy that is just going to go out there and blow everybody away and have this ridiculous season. He just doesn't have the speed, hands, or attitude to be able to do that. The guy has shown from day 1 in the league that he feels very entitled. He demanded to be paid more than guys drafted in front of him and then this year after a very mediocre season it is rumored he was looking for over $10 million a season. Either he has an agent that has made him delusional or he has a major ego that gets in his way. So for the Raiders they have got him for a year on a prove it deal which is a good thing as I do think most players can behave for a season and I do think if he stays healthy he is an 800-900 yard 6 touchdown type guy for you guys. That would put him right there with his 2nd best season of his career. Not bad for a 1-year rental.

Also I know you hate stats but then show me some way of how you can justify calling him a Big Game player. You keep saying that but have done nothing to back it up other than your hope that it is true.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Crabtree can ever get healthy again and get some of his burst back, he can be a good receiver. I don't know the answer to that question. On the 49ers, he was injured most of time with some sort of foot ailment. Watching film of him last year, you can really see he has lost what burst he had prior to the achilles injury. He had difficulty getting separation from even average corners. I wouldn't worry about the locker room issues. He was kind of a jerk to the media, but generally he got along with his teammates and was liked in the locker room by his fellow players.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabs is not a #1. Never has been. Never will be. Period. Cuz, if he's you're #1, you're in DEEP SHIT!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not completely caught up in the stats but they do help to paint a picture of a decent receiver who can do well for the Raiders. I've seen enough of Crabtree to know the kid has some skills that you will be happy with but he isn't a guy that is just going to go out there and blow everybody away and have this ridiculous season. He just doesn't have the speed, hands, or attitude to be able to do that. The guy has shown from day 1 in the league that he feels very entitled. He demanded to be paid more than guys drafted in front of him and then this year after a very mediocre season it is rumored he was looking for over $10 million a season. Either he has an agent that has made him delusional or he has a major ego that gets in his way. So for the Raiders they have got him for a year on a prove it deal which is a good thing as I do think most players can behave for a season and I do think if he stays healthy he is an 800-900 yard 6 touchdown type guy for you guys. That would put him right there with his 2nd best season of his career. Not bad for a 1-year rental.

Also I know you hate stats but then show me some way of how you can justify calling him a Big Game player. You keep saying that but have done nothing to back it up other than your hope that it is true.
CD, Big game player = Dude has played in big game most of his career with the Whiners.. Knows how to play in them..

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RaiderZar, the true number 1 hopefully is sitting there at 4 when we pick.. Amari Cooper = Tim Brown..
Sorry ID, but if Big Cat is there at #4, we better take what could be the anchor on D for the next 10 years. Lot's of receivers will still be left & I still say we will be a run-first O anyway. Actually, if we get LW, I would take a RG at #2.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, Big game player = Dude has played in big game most of his career with the Whiners.. Knows how to play in them..

So playing in the playoffs is your only criteria to be considered a big game player? So the entire Broncos roster for the last 4 years is considered big game players then? Seems like pretty easy criteria considering 1/3rd of the league makes the playoffs every single season so not sure that makes Crabtree all that special if just being on a playoff team qualifies.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry ID, but if Big Cat is there at #4, we better take what could be the anchor on D for the next 10 years. Lot's of receivers will still be left & I still say we will be a run-first O anyway. Actually, if we get LW, I would take a RG at #2.
No doubt RaiderZar, Big Cat would be a huge score!! That guy on our DL would be a terror!! Shades of Richard Seymour.. I would be very happy with that guy on our team.. But up until draft day im pimping the sexy pick, the dude i got 1# on my board.. Amari Cooper.. But shoot dude.. Coop, BigCat, White, Fowler, Beasley, one of those guys just might be a Raider!! Major score with any of those guys.. Win Win either way..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So playing in the playoffs is your only criteria to be considered a big game player? So the entire Broncos roster for the last 4 years is considered big game players then? Seems like pretty easy criteria considering 1/3rd of the league makes the playoffs every single season so not sure that makes Crabtree all that special if just being on a playoff team qualifies.
Lol.. Always itching for a fight eh cd?? Well me too, i get a kick out of it.. Cmon cd you trippin dude.. Why is it hard to understand that Crabtree can play ball?? And no the guy is not some monster WR, but the guy can ball, and knows how to play in big games.. BIG 3rd DOWN with game on the line, Crabtree OPEN for the first!! That's why he is here.. Again cd, if we draft Coop i would like OUR WRs better than any others in the AFC West.. Heck i would say we would have the BEST set.. I think you would agree with me on that eh cd??