• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cowboys vs Giants

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys gave up 17 pts to a hapless Giants. Minus the 59 yd run play. The run defense wasnt bad. But a talent like Barkley is bound to do that. So it would have been under a 100 yds rushing minus one play. So not as concerned with the run defense.
Eli looks like an old man with shell shock when he is back there & he still threw for over 300 yds. So I would say the pass rush left something to be desired.
There is plenty of room for improvement by this defense right now.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys gave up 17 pts to a hapless Giants. Minus the 59 yd run play. The run defense wasnt bad. But a talent like Barkley is bound to do that. So it would have been under a 100 yds rushing minus one play. So not as concerned with the run defense.
Eli looks like an old man with shell shock when he is back there & he still threw for over 300 yds. So I would say the pass rush left something to be desired.
The 59 yard run happened. Not much pressure on Eli as well. Can't play the if game. The defense did not play that good of game IMO, but will play better. All in all I am happy with Dak and the offense and the future of this team.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the run D was alright, but there's a couple of big takeaways for me on pass D. One, if you can't get to Eli Manning, who is about as fast as I am, thats not good. Two, if you are not sending extra rushers and still can't cover, that's a double whammy

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 59 yard run happened. Not much pressure on Eli as well. Can't play the if game. The defense did not play that good of game IMO, but will play better. All in all I am happy with Dak and the offense and the future of this team.
not trying to claim it doesnt count (59yder) Just saying outside of that one oops! The Run defense didnt play bad. That was my point.
Then again that could be because the cowboys jumped out to a lead & the Giants gave up running the ball. I am just not as unhappy about our run defense as others are. The Pass rush does bother me.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess the defense can give up 500 yards weekly and we will win most of the games?
I didn't say that but if it can keep opposing teams out of the endzone that is more important. Scoring defense rules.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we have help on the way in a week with Quinn and the run d was not bad outside of the 59 yarder for Barkley. Not comparing them but some of us seasoned posters remember watching the bears and Lions just to see if Walter Or Barry would break 1 and with the exception of the 85 bears both the lions and Bears were pretty bad when those guys were in their prime.
Barkley is a awesome player and holding him to 1 big play was pretty good IMHO
Still work to do but the D was acceptable and will get better

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heath made up for going out jogging with Barkley on that the 59 yard
well we have help on the way in a week with Quinn and the run d was not bad outside of the 59 yarder for Barkley. Not comparing them but some of us seasoned posters remember watching the bears and Lions just to see if Walter Or Barry would break 1 and with the exception of the 85 bears both the lions and Bears were pretty bad when those guys were in their prime.
Barkley is a awesome player and holding him to 1 big play was pretty good IMHO
Still work to do but the D was acceptable and will get better
Not acceptable to give up 500 yards. The defense has to be better then sunday. And I believe they will.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heath made up for going out jogging with Barkley on that the 59 yard

Not acceptable to give up 500 yards. The defense has to be better then sunday. And I believe they will.

well I understand but giving up 500 and still pocketing a win is the same as giving up 175 and pocketing a win
A win is a win is a win
work to do sure but to me as long as we win its acceptable when we give up 500 and lose that's unacceptable if we only give up 175 and lose its unacceptable.
not being a ass because I know where your coming from but the only thing that matters in the end is the W-L column
the 18-1 Pats and 14-0 Dolphins are perfect examples of that nobody remembers who they beat only that the Pats lost to the Giants in the SB and the Dolphins went undefeated
JMHO

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I understand but giving up 500 and still pocketing a win is the same as giving up 175 and pocketing a win
A win is a win is a win
work to do sure but to me as long as we win its acceptable when we give up 500 and lose that's unacceptable if we only give up 175 and lose its unacceptable.
not being a ass because I know where your coming from but the only thing that matters in the end is the W-L column
the 18-1 Pats and 14-0 Dolphins are perfect examples of that nobody remembers who they beat only that the Pats lost to the Giants in the SB and the Dolphins went undefeated
JMHO

I agree. Seattle looked pretty rough yesterday but they won 21-20. It was ugly but it was a win. There are all types of wins but they all count the same.

Ugliest - Seattle
Most Impressive- Patriots
Biggest/ Best - Green Bay

Just my opinion of course

Oh and I know if there is a tie, division wins count more , then conference wins.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not one to ever get too high or low off of one week. There are always good and bad weeks and I don't expect to be able to move the ball so easily all year. But, it was a damn good week 1.

Dak looked better than I have ever seen him. I'm not sure if Dak was reading the defense better because of the motion or if it was Kitna's help, or just Dak maturing or maybe even as simple as the first guy being open all day, but he looked poised and in total control. The WRs were actually open and wide open at that, for most of the game. It's amazing what adding some speed and creativity to an Offense can do. Looked like the OL did an exceptional job pass protecting and we also got the ball out quickly all day. Didn't quite feel the OL did as good of a job run blocking as pass blocking. Gallup looks like a future star. The Giants OL controlled our front 7 better than I thought and Eli actually played pretty well. Our DBs played well. Player of the game...Dak with a close second to Kellen Moore,,,who knows but the Offense was just fantastic...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not one to ever get too high or low off of one week. There are always good and bad weeks and I don't expect to be able to move the ball so easily all year. But, it was a damn good week 1.

Dak looked better than I have ever seen him. I'm not sure if Dak was reading the defense better because of the motion or if it was Kitna's help, or just Dak maturing or maybe even as simple as the first guy being open all day, but he looked poised and in total control. The WRs were actually open and wide open at that, for most of the game. It's amazing what adding some speed and creativity to an Offense can do. Looked like the OL did an exceptional job pass protecting and we also got the ball out quickly all day. Didn't quite feel the OL did as good of a job run blocking as pass blocking. Gallup looks like a future star. The Giants OL controlled our front 7 better than I thought and Eli actually played pretty well. Our DBs played well. Player of the game...Dak with a close second to Kellen Moore,,,who knows but the Offense was just fantastic...
Yeah, I keep hearing "it was the Giants". The Giants will win 7-8 games this season, clip and save. The Cowboys called the dogs at the end of the 3rd quarter. Impressive

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the Cowboys had 5 straight 75 yard+ TD drives. That's pretty impressive.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the Cowboys had 5 straight 75 yard+ TD drives. That's pretty impressive.
Yeah & the fact we didnt struggle in the red zone is a huge improvement.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I can't believe how our offense looked. It was like night and day compared to last year. Dak was great. If it continues, Moore will be gone after this year.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I can't believe how our offense looked. It was like night and day compared to last year. Dak was great. If it continues, Moore will be gone after this year.

Moore going nowhere.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore going nowhere.
Yeah, it's not like he is going somewhere else to be OC if he is great here this year and I'm not sure he'd be looked at as a HC by other teams even if he does great

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3