• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins wants trade if RG3 named starter

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate your feedback but disagree completely. I would rather strive for a defense like Seattle's (not theirs but that approach) where they hardly give up any pts. It may take several years but I would make that the goal. Not some gimmick defense that will occasionally produce turnovers at the cost of giving up huge plays way too often.

I would also like to see this team be like Seattle in that young players are actually developed to the pt of improving over time because of being coached correctly in practice & in being placed in the right position during games. Regardless of what Haslett was given in the first place I see absolutely no signs of either of these with him in the last 5 years. Are we to totally dismiss LFB's comments?

By all means - place the blame on everyone else - Allen, Snyder, offense, special teams, players, etc. Will make it that much harder to defense next season if/when Haslett's defense sucks yet again.

I place the blame all over. And Im not saying Haslett is not at fault in this as well. But Seattles defense, and most top ten defenses for that matter get at least marginal help from their own offense and special teams. Hell even when we had Gregg here, we usually ranked top 10-15 in Time of possession. You want a good defense, keep them off the field. How many times over the past five years have we seen the defense hold only to see the offense turn right around and 3 and out it, or turn it over??

Our entire team from top to bottom is flawed. I do expect more from Haslett if he is retained. But dont hand the man cast offs and rejects, then complain that he isnt getting it done. Dont turn the ball over inside our own 25, then wonder why the worst safties in the league constantly get burned for TDs.

I realize the pound of flesh must be paid. But the reality is, you dont coach in the NFL for 18 years if you are as bad as many of you paint this guy out to be.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I place the blame all over. And Im not saying Haslett is not at fault in this as well. But Seattles defense, and most top ten defenses for that matter get at least marginal help from their own offense and special teams. Hell even when we had Gregg here, we usually ranked top 10-15 in Time of possession. You want a good defense, keep them off the field. How many times over the past five years have we seen the defense hold only to see the offense turn right around and 3 and out it, or turn it over??

Our entire team from top to bottom is flawed. I do expect more from Haslett if he is retained. But dont hand the man cast offs and rejects, then complain that he isnt getting it done. Dont turn the ball over inside our own 25, then wonder why the worst safties in the league constantly get burned for TDs.

I realize the pound of flesh must be paid. But the reality is, you dont coach in the NFL for 18 years if you are as bad as many of you paint this guy out to be.

again shark i will go back to his career . he has failed everywhere . i dont want to hear about poor offenses, players , blah blah blah . because for 18 years he has had crap defenses and i dont buy the fates lined up against him for 18 years

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again shark i will go back to his career . he has failed everywhere . i dont want to hear about poor offenses, players , blah blah blah . because for 18 years he has had crap defenses and i dont buy the fates lined up against him for 18 years

So in 18 years, he has fielded nothing but junk and yet still has a job?? really dude?? IN 18 years he has fielded god awful defenses every place he went, and yet people still employ him?? Sorry dude, that logic dont add up. In 18 years he has had mostly average defenses as far as top ten numbers go I will grant you. But you dont coach at that level for 13 years if you suck. I will take out the five he has coached here because we are a dysfunctional black hole that can even make hall of fame coaches and young wonderkid OCs look like they should be riding the short bus.

Like I said dude, I get it. Every one needs their pound of flesh for last season. But truth is if Haslett was going to be fired, it should have been last year. Instead we fired the wrong coaches to try and placate the QB. Firing Haslett now will just compound that mistake. Unless we really want the defensive equivalent of Jim Zorn roaming the sidelines.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in 18 years, he has fielded nothing but junk and yet still has a job?? really dude?? IN 18 years he has fielded god awful defenses every place he went, and yet people still employ him?? Sorry dude, that logic dont add up. In 18 years he has had mostly average defenses as far as top ten numbers go I will grant you. But you dont coach at that level for 13 years if you suck. I will take out the five he has coached here because we are a dysfunctional black hole that can even make hall of fame coaches and young wonderkid OCs look like they should be riding the short bus.

Like I said dude, I get it. Every one needs their pound of flesh for last season. But truth is if Haslett was going to be fired, it should have been last year. Instead we fired the wrong coaches to try and placate the QB. Firing Haslett now will just compound that mistake. Unless we really want the defensive equivalent of Jim Zorn roaming the sidelines.

you can call it avg , you can put lipstick on the pig all you want , fact is we are 7-25 during his tenure here and his defenses have been in the late 20 early thirties in yards , yards per play and points allowed

and his schemes dont play to our players strengths . we have rush linebackers cover wrs , blown coverages on a constant basis , poor tackling no adjustments

sorry i am tired of the excuses given for this guy and it isnt some simpleton answer as wanting a pound of flesh . if you want to call avg acceptable then fine but in DC he hasnt even been that