• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CONCACAF

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1686921930511.png

Playing Mexico has become about as difficult as playing Costa Rica. And worse, they know it :pound:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA looked good... hope they have final on here for me to watch.

USA down 2 starters in final... should be smarter than to pick up retaliation reds
Yes and while it would be great to win the Nations League it is better to show Mexico you aren't taking their crap, nor are you intimidated by their AHole fans and to come together as a team to fight for each other. We have won plenty of Gold Cups and Nations Cups but we have moved beyond those being our goals. Burying Mexico 3-0 in their Stadium and making them live with it again and know we are just better than them is priceless. :2cents:

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burying Mexico 3-0 in their Stadium and making them live with it again and know we are just better than them is priceless. :2cents:

Game was in Vegas... or are you referring to heavy Mexican contingent?

I will still take the cups... but do agree beating Mexico does feel very good, hope this unbeaten streak continues into the long future.

Mexico was feeling pretty confident vs Argentina in World Cup after Argentina lost to Saudi Arabia... was hearing they were confident they would knock Argentina out of tourney... I enjoyed that game a lot as well. Even more pleasing was fact they did not make it out of group stage.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA won the Nations League for 2nd time (only 2nd tournament).

USA looked dominant in 1st half thanks to Reyna playmaking... unfortunately he got injured and came off at halftime. USA not as effective attacking in 2nd half.

Balogun with 1st US goal good game... Richards also played well and had big goal to open things up.

De La Torre made me nervous... seemed a bit slow IMO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky to beat Canada even though US dominated The match. Not likely the US will win the Gold Cup because of the “B team” roster they sent and the fact that Mexico sent their better players other than some guys unable to play. we were also very lucky to beat Jamaica in the previous round and no guarantee we beat them if they knock off Mexico nor would I be shocked if we lost to Panama Next match

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky to beat Canada even though US dominated The match. Not likely the US will win the Gold Cup because of the “B team” roster they sent and the fact that Mexico sent their better players other than some guys unable to play. we were also very lucky to beat Jamaica in the previous round and no guarantee we beat them if they knock off Mexico nor would I be shocked if we lost to Panama Next match
When you look back at this Gold Cup, we could not beat Canada, Jamaica, or Panama in regulation.

The only two wins were St Kitts and Trinidad. Sad.

It's clear we are not deep enough to challenge for tournaments without our top players. That said, it will eventually help to improve our depth, but as a fan I just don't like sacrificing tournaments so our younger players can gain experience. I'm just glad Mexico didn't get the opportunity to defeat our B team, and our streak against them continues.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you look back at this Gold Cup, we could not beat Canada, Jamaica, or Panama in regulation.

The only two wins were St Kitts and Trinidad. Sad.

It's clear we are not deep enough to challenge for tournaments without our top players. That said, it will eventually help to improve our depth, but as a fan I just don't like sacrificing tournaments so our younger players can gain experience. I'm just glad Mexico didn't get the opportunity to defeat our B team, and our streak against them continues.
that doesn’t bother me when we sent our backups or even our C squad in many cases. Depth matters in a big tournament when a couple of those guys play per match not when you field an entire starting 11 of backups other than Turner and Miles Robinson, but he didn’t even play FT. Our biggest issue remains finding someone to consistently hit the back of the net and I guess another center back. Other than that no one in Concacaf is at our level. Some of the big European teams lose to lesser Countries when they sent their backups also.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that doesn’t bother me when we sent our backups or even our C squad in many cases. Depth matters in a big tournament when a couple of those guys play per match not when you field an entire starting 11 of backups other than Turner and Miles Robinson, but he didn’t even play FT. Our biggest issue remains finding someone to consistently hit the back of the net and I guess another center back. Other than that no one in Concacaf is at our level. Some of the big European teams lose to lesser Countries when they sent their backups also.
Yeah it makes sense why they do it, it just makes it tougher as a fan. When the Nations League was added it was clear they had to go this route. You're not going to have the first team playing both tournaments. Hopefully it leads to better depth and we actually find a #9 that can score goals consistently.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Dos a Cero" never gets old. I love seeing Mexico and their shitty fans getting it handed to them by us over and over and over. They are no longer much of a threat. Let's see how Copa America goes with some good teams in it. These CONCACAF tournaments really don't prepare us to face quality teams. We aren't going to win obviously, but if we show we aren't totally overmatched by these CONMEBOL squads it will let us learn more about the US squad than winning the Nations League every time. If we advance and play well in the knockout stage it would be a great sign.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Dos a Cero" never gets old. I love seeing Mexico and their shitty fans getting it handed to them by us over and over and over. They are no longer much of a threat. Let's see how Copa America goes with some good teams in it. These CONCACAF tournaments really don't prepare us to face quality teams. We aren't going to win obviously, but if we show we aren't totally overmatched by these CONMEBOL squads it will let us learn more about the US squad than winning the Nations League every time. If we advance and play well in the knockout stage it would be a great sign.
I was hoping the final would be on here, but it was not. Watched the highlights and from that USA looked like the better team.

Looking at Copa America...
  • Group D is most difficult group... Colombia and Paraguay playing for 2nd place... Colombia better players and athleticism, but Paraguay is tough team defensively, they could grind out win/tie vs Colombia.
  • Group A next most difficult... assume Peru and Canada playing for 2nd place, Chile's twilight has passed.
  • Group C - USA can win the group if can beat Uruguay, they are probably the 2 best teams. USA has to be consistent and play well... or probably can be on outside and Panama sneaking in. Boliva is nothing outside of playing at home in the altitude (over 2x higher than Denver... 11.9 ft above sea level vs 5.3 ft)
  • Group B looks to be the easiest... Venezuela is an improved team, normally they are a pushover. But considering Mexico has not beat States in 7 consecutive attempts and Ecuador probably 4-5th best team in South America this group is the weakest.

1711385520279.png

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colombia seem to be doing well in world cup qualification (I think they beat Brazil too) so I can see them being dangerous if they get out of the group. I think the US will have a tricky quarter final whoever advances from group D.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colombia seem to be doing well in world cup qualification (I think they beat Brazil too) so I can see them being dangerous if they get out of the group. I think the US will have a tricky quarter final whoever advances from group D.

Yes... Colombia always has the athletes... but they do not always have "a team" and technical skills. They did beat Brazil, but Brazil has struggled thus far in qualifying, so not a huge surprise.

I like Luis Diaz a lot... have to imagine you like him too.