• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colorado Rockies Ongoing Thread

C U Buff Fan1

Total Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking with all the snow outs that they could just skip Chacin's start. 2 hours before game time and the sun just came out.

C U Buff Fan1

Total Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other great news.....

Braves right fielder Jason Heyward had to undergo appendectomy surgery Monday night in Denver, the club announced on Twitter. As is the nature with this type of injury, it was completely unexpected.

Last edited by a moderator:

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smf52...I just posted an "on this date in baseball history" thread and your Post reminds me of something else worth mentioning...it's a trivia question. There have been only 3 players with at least 10 years of ML service whose W-L record has been above .500 in every year of their ML career. One is a HOFer, two are active and one of those three you had on your Fantasy Team earlier...but you dropped him. The other two have Yankee connections.

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabathia is correct C U Buff Fan1

smf52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trying to think of those who I have exiled from my fantasy team because of their negative numbers. So many in so short a time...

Maybe it was Greinke because of the injury who I stupidly let go of but would dearly love to have back because his 0 would be higher than most of my pitcher's totals.

smf52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have any idea why Francis went to bat in the 4th and then was replaced in the 5th? Why not use a ph?

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not watching or listening to the game but isn't that traces of Tracy.

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes smf52, Tim Hudson is in his 15th ML season and has had a winning % above .500 in every single one. No one has ever done that..it's really quite remarkable and if he finishes his career with the streak intact there will be HOF consideration although I don't believe he belongs. So far, you have 2 of the 3 in Sabathia and Hudson. The one guy remaining... Silas mentioned in a Post today...very shrewd of him to do so...a HOFer.

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two comments on the 9th inning today. I'm O.K. with Rosario running in that scenario. Weiss knew what was going on...he had to get a runner in scoring position because there was no way two batters were going to get hits off of Kimbrel to score him from 1B but they might have got lucky with a bloop hit to score him from 2B. I didn't see Pacheco's At Bat in the 9th but I note he took 3 pitches for strikes. I don't care how good someone is pitching, you have to be able to recognize a strike and try to hit the ball instead of watching three cross the plate with no attempt to hit them in the 9th inning when you need a run.

smf52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. Much to my chagrin, I finally found out who the last person was and I should be slapped for leaving him until the end, while going through all the pitchers that Silas named today. When you are the greatest baseball player in history, even your pitching stats are remarkable. So shame on me and hats off to George Herman Ruth.

smf52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long are we junior members here? At least three of us should be qualifying as senior members because we are senior everywhere else.

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good on Babe Ruth...I admit that was a bit of a trick question but the difficulty I have with it is finding just the right sort of clue to give. I still think it was pretty good that Silas even mentioned him when talking about LH pitchers.
As for us being junior members it's probably based on the number of Posts one makes...didn't CBS also have some sort of system like that back when they used to grade the quality of your Post as well. I don't mind really, if someone wants to consider me a junior for a while...now who am I and where did I leave my teeth?

smf52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how great Ruth's pitching stats would have been if he had continued to pitch...

smf52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were just talking about Helton in the past tense. Did he retire today to avoid the DL or do you think they were just talking about when he is eventually gone. I wish he would retire- it is so difficult to watch him most days.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rough day for the Rockies today, but looks like they will end the day in First Place unless the Diamondbacks fold against the Giants.

Bad day for the Dodgers as they lose yet another pitcher.

Smf.....I think Ruth would have gone down as one of the greatest pitchers ever if he had continued exclusively as a pitcher, but we will never know. He was certainly a good one, though.

67RS.....I never understood the CBS Message Board rating system.

C U Buff Fan1

Total Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were just talking about Helton in the past tense. Did he retire today to avoid the DL or do you think they were just talking about when he is eventually gone. I wish he would retire- it is so difficult to watch him most days.

Helton was in a good groove before his forearm started hurting. I don't think it's a call to retire yet.

Todd+Helton+celebration.jpg

smf52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good groove Helton was in, was indeed very enjoyable but then another body part is hurting him. Prior to that really good stretch, I was cringing when he was swinging and missing because he used to strikeout so seldom and had such great hand eye coordination. Part of it is the longer he plays while looking very ordinary, the harder it is going to be for people to remember his past greatness and think of him as Hall-worthy.

dgonaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three errors now on Nelson so far this season without him swinging much of a bat. Nolan Arenado is still doing well in AAA just counting the days now.