• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Collapse the bridge for Teddy Bridgewater!

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I was saying after the loss last week in Chicago, the Vikings aren't going anywhere this season. This loss to the Browns seals the deal. The Vikes just lost a home game to a very bad team that is in the runnings for the 1st pick in the 2014 draft, and they had just shipped one of their best players in Trent Richardson out of town.

The offense consistently blows golden opportunities to score. The offensive line is terrible to a comical extent, Ponder was getting thrown around like a rag doll out there. Ponder also still proves he just isn't that good of an NFL QB, and it's time to get ready to move on. I've gone my entire life watching this team never have a legitmate franchise QB with Daunte Fumblepepper being the closest thing they've ever had to one. It's time to go all in and get Bridgewater in the draft, and with the loss to Cleveland, that's well within the realm of possibilities. I don't want to see the Vikings miss out again like they did in the Suck for Luck/RG3 draft. It pains me to say this, but I'm all for tanking this season. There's no point in pulling out 4 or 5 sloppy wins just to miss out on the top QBs all over again.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville? How much meth do you smoke each week?

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville? How much meth do you smoke each week?
Take it with a grain of salt, it wasn't meant to be taken as sage wisdom. I'm just frusterated and want to see this team take the QB position seriously. I also don't follow the NCAA almost at all, so I'll admit I don't know much about the draft prospects until closer to the draft when there's more talk about them. Honestly, do you always act this butthurt when you disagree with someone? Last week I predicted the team was going to have a bad year and that they'd never go anywhere with Ponder. You essentially called me and anyone who agreed with that notion negative nancies. Then this team went on to blow a home game to one of the worst team's in the league that had just traded away one of their best players, so it turned out I was right. So I find it funny that you're basically calling me an idiot.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Not butthurt, shocked.
2) You do NOT give up on a team aftter one game.
3) Blaming everything on the QB usually equals someone who doesn't really understand football. It's not all Ponder's fault, even if he has a ton of faults.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Not butthurt, shocked.
2) You do NOT give up on a team aftter one game.
3) Blaming everything on the QB usually equals someone who doesn't really understand football. It's not all Ponder's fault, even if he has a ton of faults.
Based on this post of yours, either one of two things is going on...

1) You haven't read all of my posts (which isn't many) regarding my assessment of why this team is struggling this season. I've clearly stated that the offensive line is atrocious and had Ponder getting tossed around like a rag doll out there. I've also clearly stated that our offensive play calling is a joke. I've also taken issue with the defense, though they have had a ton placed on their shoulders by our offense constantly failing to put points on the board after the defense creates turnovers. I've pointed out that pretty much every bit of this team, from the coaching, to offense, to defense all has blame to take. Even Peterson is having a crappy year, as I've pointed out already.

2) Your reading comprehension is way off

Seriously, I don't get where you're coming up with this stuff. Yeah I've been critical of Ponder, because he still sucks and is generally a very inaccurate passer. There's been so many plays where he even completed passes that were crappy throws/terrific catches that could have gone for so much bigger gains had he thrown more accurate passes. I'm getting fed up with watching it at this point, as I think most Vikings fans are. He was getting booed at the game, I'm far from alone in being tired of it. Frazier and Musgrave both deserve to be booed too. The fact that Frazier is STILL on the record as saying there is no chance of benching Ponder is extremely frustrating. As far as giving up on the team after 1 game, I waited until after the Chicago game to state that I'm positive they're gonna suck this year. Again, as I said, it turns out I was correct, so you attacking my early assessment is a moot point.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blaming everything on the QB usually equals someone who doesn't really understand football.

Weak. Vikes need a new QB and everyone knows it. He isn't on a short leash for nothing.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak. Vikes need a new QB and everyone knows it. He isn't on a short leash for nothing.

I said EVERYTHING. There's plenty that's Ponder's fault and I'm the last person to deny that. I grumble about him plenty!

GoVikesWoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings need a new QB, and a complete new coaching staff. Frazier is like "Meh" about everything, it shows he does not care and is not competitive. Musgrave is the worst playcaller in the history of the NFL.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings need a new QB, and a complete new coaching staff. Frazier is like "Meh" about everything, it shows he does not care and is not competitive. Musgrave is the worst playcaller in the history of the NFL.
At this point, I'd be on board with cleaning house outside of our best players, namely the young ones and the most important vets. I'm not sure tying up a ton of money in extending Jared Allen is a good idea anymore, and I still don't undrestand why Everson Griffen isn't playing more. I think one thing people forget is that we never truly left the Chilly era. While Frazier is not Childress and there are some differences between their coaching styles, it's still Chilly era leftovers. Yeah, Ponder and the O-line suck, but that doesn't mean the play calling has been good. They never seem to play call based on the strengths of their players. For example, the infamous Ponder roll-out to the left, one of his greatest weaknesses, still seems to get called on a regular basis. Yes you need to mix it up, but that doesn't mean consistently playing to your players' weaknesses.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1

Ponder is not Fraziers boy, he's Speilmans boy.
I believe Frazier is worried about his job, and letting the GM know about it.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather get Mariota or Boyd.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure Cunningham Culpepper Favre and Tarkinten would disagree this team has never seen a NFL QB.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure Cunningham Culpepper Favre and Tarkinten would disagree this team has never seen a NFL QB.

Hey David_son, what's up. I remember you from back on the ESPN boards. You're a solid poster, but I'm going to have to disagree with most of this post of yours, and I'll explain why.

I'll give you Fran Tarkenton, he was undoubetly an all-time great QB. That said, he hasn't played since 1978. I'm in my mid-20's... as I stated in my first post, I haven't seen a legitimate franchise QB play for the Vikings in my lifetime. Fran was gone well before I was even born.

Favre had a historical regular season in 2009 with the Vikes. He broke down and couldn't cut the mustard anymore on a team that got worse in 2010. Let's be real, Favre spending virtually his entire career in Green Bay, then spending 2 years for the Vikings, only 1 of which was memorable in a positive way in any sense, does not make him a Vikings franchise QB. Favre was a Packer, period. Same deal with Cunningham. He was with the team for like 2 years, with 1998 being his only exceptional year with the team. Cunningham spent a decade with the Eagles, and I believe signed a deal to retire an Eagle... he's an Eagle, not a Viking. Culfumbler had 3 good years with the Vikings, and was a turnover machine other than that before getting injured and crying his way out of town, which doesn't make him a particularily memorable franchise QB.

Honestly, if you're gonna bring up guys like Favre and Cunningham and call them Vikings franchise QBs, then you might as well mention Warren Moon, Archie Manning, Jeff George, Donavan McNabb, or even Rich Gannon (who was on the team for awhile, but was never anything special while in MN). All of these guys had decent to great careers elsewhere, but that doesn't make them Vikings franchise QBs.