• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cleveland Browns Ongoing Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they went into the draft with Landry, Higgins, and Calloway at WR, I wouldn't be upset. I think they draft another one. If they had those 3 + Ratley + a rookie, I'd be happy with Njoku, but I'd be really happy if they ended up grabbing Fant to go along with him. Having two young beasts at TE for Baker would be phenomenal.
fant? The TE, right? Not opposed if that's what they want, but think they could do better at other positions.

Also could still keep Perriman at WR.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fant? The TE, right? Not opposed if that's what they want, but think they could do better at other positions.

Also could still keep Perriman at WR.
Fant's size and speed would make him an absolute nightmare with everyone else we have on the field. 6'4" 250 with 4.5 speed is amazing. Basically any defense without absolute studs at LB and S would be exposed with he and Njoku running the seams.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fant's size and speed would make him an absolute nightmare with everyone else we have on the field. 6'4" 250 with 4.5 speed is amazing. Basically any defense without absolute studs at LB and S would be exposed with he and Njoku running the seams.
I'd be all over it if not for having Njoku. Isn't to say against the idea, though.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be all over it if not for having Njoku. Isn't to say against the idea, though.
I like Njoku, but I think Baker's arm talent would be perfect to have two athletic TEs to go along with the rest of the WR ensemble. There are some good WRs in the draft this year, but there's no Julio or ODB, IMO. However, Fant can be an elite TE.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Njoku, but I think Baker's arm talent would be perfect to have two athletic TEs to go along with the rest of the WR ensemble. There are some good WRs in the draft this year, but there's no Julio or ODB, IMO. However, Fant can be an elite TE.
And if they feel the same way then go for it if he's BPA at the time.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if they feel the same way then go for it if he's BPA at the time.
It's starting to sink in that the Browns are actually in a position to draft BPA rather than trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. These next few years could be really, really fun.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this has been going on for awhile but listening to Browns radio and still hearing there has been one AFC North team that has been talking to the Giants about OBJ. Like I said from the start, unlikely but it sounds like the Browns might go for it.

Since the Browns got a DT, would you guys be opposed to trading that #17 pick in the OBJ offer? I had my doubt earlier but the Richardson signing makes me feel a little better. They can get a LB in mid rounds and even CB but they needed a DT and got one. I would honestly be tempted to give up two 1sts to the Giants. the #17 this year and next year you would think it would be a late 1st round....tempting imo

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this has been going on for awhile but listening to Browns radio and still hearing there has been one AFC North team that has been talking to the Giants about OBJ. Like I said from the start, unlikely but it sounds like the Browns might go for it.

Since the Browns got a DT, would you guys be opposed to trading that #17 pick in the OBJ offer? I had my doubt earlier but the Richardson signing makes me feel a little better. They can get a LB in mid rounds and even CB but they needed a DT and got one. I would honestly be tempted to give up two 1sts to the Giants. the #17 this year and next year you would think it would be a late 1st round....tempting imo
I heard these rumors. I would consider a 1, but two 1s seems like a bit much. I get OBJ is better, but cost of Landry was only a 4th and 7th. I think when Denver traded Brandon Marshall, when he was still a star, he went for a 3rd.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just don't think we need him. I've said it before, you don't win Super Bowls by giving up big money for WRs. It's never really happened. If the cost is even one 1st, I'm saying no.

The way Baker spreads the ball around, we just don't need to do this. I'd be way happier to give up a 4th to Detroit for Marvin Jones, who I understand is on the block.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think we need him. I've said it before, you don't win Super Bowls by giving up big money for WRs. It's never really happened. If the cost is even one 1st, I'm saying no.

The way Baker spreads the ball around, we just don't need to do this. I'd be way happier to give up a 4th to Detroit for Marvin Jones, who I understand is on the block.
I wouldn't kill them for giving up a 1st (especially if it was next year) as it would be exciting as hell. But 2 seems like way too much.

I'm thinking maybe a 2nd this year and 3rd next?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard these rumors. I would consider a 1, but two 1s seems like a bit much. I get OBJ is better, but cost of Landry was only a 4th and 7th. I think when Denver traded Brandon Marshall, when he was still a star, he went for a 3rd.

Yeah or something like a one 1st and 3rd and maybe likes 2nd or 3rd next year..

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Golden Tate would actually be a nice fit and Tyrell Williams. I really agree, it's just exciting the Browns are even in the conversation. I love what Dorsey has done thus far and essentially if we have to give up a 1st this year...walk away and add depth in the draft

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88 @Across The Field what do you guys think? I hate giving up Peppers but they have stardom
If we end up signing Earl Thomas, I'll be fine with Peppers going. He had a resurgence late last year, no doubt, but it's hard to say Thomas isn't an upgrade.

Overall, the two trades ended up becoming one, so it's a 1st, 3rd, Zeitler, and Peppers for Vernon and ODB. All in all, I'm a happy fan. If they had to add in another 1st next year, I wouldn't be as happy, but they managed to pull off a good trade from a WAR standpoint, especially since it's our later 3rd rounder. All indications are that Corbett is ready to step in, and if he's even 75% as good as Zeitler, the Browns win this trade running away.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why trade Peppers? Guy was either 4th or 5th best safety per PFF last season....and on a rookie deal.

Like I said in the NBA thread they will have to figure out how to pay everyone. Thomas would be a three year fit whereas Peppers would require being paid on a long term deal in two years. They have to pay Garrett then. No chance they can keep Peppers, Garrett, Ward, Mayfield, OBJ, and Landry and field much of a roster beyond that

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in the NBA thread they will have to figure out how to pay everyone. Thomas would be a three year fit whereas Peppers would require being paid on a long term deal in two years. They have to pay Garrett then. No chance they can keep Peppers, Garrett, Ward, Mayfield, OBJ, and Landry and field much of a roster beyond that

My guess is they are front-loading a lot of these contracts.
Garrett, Njoku 2-3 years.
Mayfield, Chubb, Ward 3-4 years.

That is roughly 50-60M but as far as right now they still will have in the 30's cap wise, we don't know what will happen in the future. You have future drafts to replace veterans like Earl, Richardson, Vernon in 2-3 years so this gives them a ton of options and flexibility. Crazy trade

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we end up signing Earl Thomas, I'll be fine with Peppers going. He had a resurgence late last year, no doubt, but it's hard to say Thomas isn't an upgrade.

Overall, the two trades ended up becoming one, so it's a 1st, 3rd, Zeitler, and Peppers for Vernon and ODB. All in all, I'm a happy fan. If they had to add in another 1st next year, I wouldn't be as happy, but they managed to pull off a good trade from a WAR standpoint, especially since it's our later 3rd rounder. All indications are that Corbett is ready to step in, and if he's even 75% as good as Zeitler, the Browns win this trade running away.
Love the trade but as far as Thomas goes can either he or Randall play SS?