• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cleveland Browns Ongoing Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in the NBA thread they will have to figure out how to pay everyone. Thomas would be a three year fit whereas Peppers would require being paid on a long term deal in two years. They have to pay Garrett then. No chance they can keep Peppers, Garrett, Ward, Mayfield, OBJ, and Landry and field much of a roster beyond that
True, but we are talking 3-4 years away for most of those guys. By then maybe OBJ and/or Landry will be restructured or 1 let go.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is they are front-loading a lot of these contracts.
Garrett, Njoku 2-3 years.
Mayfield, Chubb, Ward 3-4 years.

That is roughly 50-60M but as far as right now they still will have in the 30's cap wise, we don't know what will happen in the future. You have future drafts to replace veterans like Earl, Richardson, Vernon in 2-3 years so this gives them a ton of options and flexibility. Crazy trade
As many have said, probably just going all out now while these guys (especially QB) are on rookie deals.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but we are talking 3-4 years away for most of those guys. By then maybe OBJ and/or Landry will be restructured or 1 let go.

I'm just figuring that's how Dorsey is viewing these moves. It's not as much trading Peppers SU it's trading Peppers to be able to sign Thomas and at least break even at the position (most likely upgrade but Thomas is aging) figuring you will have to part ways with Peppers anyway (maybe be able to extend Thomas cheaply on a short deal if he's still productive at 33/34.

Provided they can sign Thomas of course.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the trade but as far as Thomas goes can either he or Randall play SS?
That's the question I have. It's not that I don't think Randall could handle SS, as he played out of position in GB and was OK, but he might see a small drop off in his really good play from 2018 if he's moved.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the question I have. It's not that I don't think Randall could handle SS, as he played out of position in GB and was OK, but he might see a small drop off in his really good play from 2018 if he's moved.
At the very least he does seem like a versatile player.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I'm seeing Dorsey wanting Berry? Eh not sure that makes sense since it looks like the Chiefs will just waive him anyway

I'm sure we all saw that Thomas went to the Ravens

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I'm seeing Dorsey wanting Berry? Eh not sure that makes sense since it looks like the Chiefs will just waive him anyway

I'm sure we all saw that Thomas went to the Ravens

Berry is a better fit bc they need a SS. Earl was never a fit just a pipeline dream. I don't see many other SS on the market really except Cyprien. Berry is elite when he is on the field, but the injuries are an issue.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Berry is a better fit bc they need a SS. Earl was never a fit just a pipeline dream. I don't see many other SS on the market really except Cyprien. Berry is elite when he is on the field, but the injuries are an issue.

The dude has had some serious bad luck....cancer and achilles right?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at Breshad Perriman

Dude you were out of the damn league you're a fourth receiver. He asked out of his agreement with Cleveland

Ridiculous.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at Breshad Perriman

Dude you were out of the damn league you're a fourth receiver. He asked out of his agreement with Cleveland

Ridiculous.

The Browns gave him a second chance by signing him after BALT cut him. I guess he will get more playing him but still damn

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
done. Though you did make a mention of Duke's value in a trade if that counts.

All that's been said I would not change one thing from the time Sashi was hired to now even if given Doc Brown's Delorean and told to go back and change whatever I want.

Any change could alter where they are now...and maybe not for the better.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually root for the Browns but it is getting to the point where I may root for them to fail.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
done. Though you did make a mention of Duke's value in a trade if that counts.

All that's been said I would not change one thing from the time Sashi was hired to now even if given Doc Brown's Delorean and told to go back and change whatever I want.

Any change could alter where they are now...and maybe not for the better.

Just thought of this. This is the first season in I don't know how many years the Browns season won't be over in preseason.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to sway with the amount of media attention a team gets.
I've been rooting against the Cowboys for many years. Ha ha.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then I'd still ask based on where they were picked where did Sashi miss so badly other than Coleman? Ogbah not a stud, sure, but he's not much less than what one would expect from a 2nd rounder, even high 2nd. Sure, we'd want more, but that's not often the case.

look at the heat he got for Kessler who has been far better than the guy Dorsey took only 1 round later - Aaron Murray.
Both Corey and Shon Coleman were total wastes of a pick.

The 2nd round in 2016 produced some really good players actually, and I'd put Ogbah somewhere in the middle of all the guys taken. Guys like Mike Thomas, Nick Martin, Vonn Bell, Jaylon Smith, Hunter Henry, Chris Jones, Xavien Howard, Derrick Henry, Jarran Reed, Deion Jones, Cody Whitehair, Mackenzie Alexander, Tyler Boyd, Myles Jack, Sterling Shepard, A'Shawn Robinson, James Bradberry, and Adam Gotsis have all been better. That's 18 guys taken in the 2nd round that have been better picks than Ogbah, which is why I'd call him a disappointment.

Cody Kessler has been next to worthless in the NFL. And what are you talking about Aaron Murray being taken 1 round later? He was drafted in the 5th round 2 years before Kessler was picked. You're thinking of Eric Murray, the guy who might be our starting SS this year. He was taken in the 4th round in 2016.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Corey and Shon Coleman were total wastes of a pick.

The 2nd round in 2016 produced some really good players actually, and I'd put Ogbah somewhere in the middle of all the guys taken. Guys like Mike Thomas, Nick Martin, Vonn Bell, Jaylon Smith, Hunter Henry, Chris Jones, Xavien Howard, Derrick Henry, Jarran Reed, Deion Jones, Cody Whitehair, Mackenzie Alexander, Tyler Boyd, Myles Jack, Sterling Shepard, A'Shawn Robinson, James Bradberry, and Adam Gotsis have all been better. That's 18 guys taken in the 2nd round that have been better picks than Ogbah, which is why I'd call him a disappointment.

Cody Kessler has been next to worthless in the NFL. And what are you talking about Aaron Murray being taken 1 round later? He was drafted in the 5th round 2 years before Kessler was picked. You're thinking of Eric Murray, the guy who might be our starting SS this year. He was taken in the 4th round in 2016.
Shon Coleman was a 4th rounder, wasn't he? The vast majority of 4th rounders amount to nothing. It's debatable all those picks have been better than Ogbah. and what about the first rounder he has been better than?

Actually, no, I was thinking of Aaron. But I did think he was a 4th rounder. Never said same draft. and "next to worthless" is what one usually gets when they take a QB in the 90s of a draft. Hell, the guy got time over Bortles who was taken #5 in the entire draft when he was picked. Anyone who thinks Kessler is a bad pick is proving my point about an agenda. He's better than most QBs who go in round 3 or later.

Can we agree easier to find RBs in the draft than QB? In his first draft Dorsey took Knile Davis at 96 (right about where Sashi got Kessler in his first draft). Who has been a better pro?

Nico Johnson and his 23 tackles are better than shonn coleman?

You seem like a smart fan. One who knows mid-late round picks often fail. So again I ask BASED ON WHERE THEY WERE PICKED who did he take that was a bust other than Corey Coleman?